A Faulty Narrative

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity Today calls for churches to pay reparations to black people: "Repentance is not enough"

"Zacchaeus had not personally designed the unjust system of Roman taxation. But he had not denounced it either; he had participated in it and profited from it. So Zacchaeus did not merely repent of his ways; he made restitution," Dalrymple said.

"He set up what we might call a "Zacchaeus fund" in order to restore what belonged to his neighbors. Are we willing to do the same? Black lives matter. They matter so much that Jesus sacrificed everything for them. Are we willing to sacrifice as well?"

What is the truth?

Luke 19:8 "And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord: Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold."

Zacchaeus, in his new faith, did these two things. He gave half his wealth to the poor, and if he took anything wrongfully by lying, he repaid fourfold.

The poor man may steal, but even of him it was required to restore fourfold.

The thief is the one who makes reparations. Did Jesus tell Zacchaeus to "make reparations" for what others stole? No. He said, today salvation has come to this house.

Christianity Today appears to want to hold a lot of people guilty for crimes they did not commit.

And that to effect a wealth transfer to a group that is in the process of committing crimes right now.

And to others who are not actually victims.

That's sad!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity Today calls for churches to pay reparations to black people: "Repentance is not enough"

What is the truth?

Luke 19:8 "And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord: Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold."

Zacchaeus, in his new faith, did these two things. He gave half his wealth to the poor, and if he took anything wrongfully by lying, he repaid fourfold.

The poor man may steal, but even of him it was required to restore fourfold.

The thief is the one who makes reparations. Did Jesus tell Zacchaeus to "make reparations" for what others stole? No. He said, today salvation has come to this house.

Christianity Today appears to want to hold a lot of people guilty for crimes they did not commit.

And that to effect a wealth transfer to a group that is in the process of committing crimes right now.

And to others who are not actually victims.

That's sad!
Oh my, more PC thinking from a liberal Christian magazine. I didn’t read the article, but did they point out that many abolitionists were white Christians?

NOV 29, 2019
Abolitionist Movement
HISTORY.COM EDITORS

Most early abolitionists were white, religious Americans, but some of the most prominent leaders of the movement were also black men and women who had escaped from bondage.

https://www.history.com/topics/black-history/abolitionist-movement

Last edited:

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity Today is a post-Christian left-wing rag of the worst kind. They are a bunch of lunatics.

If I am responsible for causing damage to someone, then in a democracy, we have courts of law to address that.
They don't seem to mind the misuse of the Bible!

:eek:

Reactions: Stan B

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christianity Today has become a blatantly Leftist publication. They had also called for the removal of Trump illegally while the impeachment hoax was cooking. So Satan has taken over this publication, and Christians should boycott it. I boycotted it years ago, since they were publishing garbage.

People should remember that Affirmative Action has already made reparations to blacks (and in more ways than dollars and cents). "Data provided to us by the Federal Procurement Data System shows $15.7 billion of federal contracts were awarded to firms owned by minorities and females in fiscal 2004." I was unable to find the total to date since this program was initiated.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity Today has a real hate on for Donald Trump and Evangelical Christians.
Kind of translates into a hate for everyone!

"Reparations" a generations later is another way to say, "You can't make it on your own". Give them all the money you want, but so long as they buy into this hype, that money won't help.

Much love!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm...do you consider 19th century Quakers, Christian? Because their contemporaries did not....

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
na, you don't get it. the media give voice to those who agree with their narrative and disregards the rest. you can always find some rogue church that speaks contrary to the truth.

the media has deniability this way. they get it said and heard in your living room, but they didn't say it.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity Today is seeking to solve a problem in a worldly way. It is seeking to implement systemic racism to address the consequences of past systemic racism.

why do you believe white people must lose?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
na, you don't get it. the media give voice to those who agree with their narrative and disregards the rest. you can always find some rogue church that speaks contrary to the truth.

the media has deniability this way. they get it said and heard in your living room, but they didn't say it.
Not my livingroom!

Reactions: historyb

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity Today is seeking to solve a problem in a worldly way. It is seeking to implement systemic racism to address the consequences of past systemic racism.
It seems like the media and BLM folk want white people to place themselves under a systemic racism.

Even though I'm not a racist, I'm to participate in a wealth transfer to the black people, which is racist. Black people are to receive free education which I would not be able to receive because I am white, which is racist.

They want their protesters who break laws to get a pass . . . because it's for "BLM", though if I commit some good ole white boy crime . . . guess what? No pass! What is that?

When the white lady went to the black protester to make a "white apology", and the guy tells her to kiss his feet, this seemed to me to display the desire of this movement.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If BLM has their way, everyone is going to lose. Initially, not just the white people will lose, but other color people will too. Since this movement is about giving supremecy to the black people. Everyone else will suffer, and the black people will continue to suffer, because none of this is the problem.

It IS about education, but that education is what happens in the family. So many black people don't even have an intact family! So many in these communities grow up understanding the messages that they cannot succeed for so many reasons.

Much love!

Reactions: historyb

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christianity Today is seeking to solve a problem in a worldly way
Christians should simply boycott Christianity Today.

BTW, there is an article today which states that the first slave owner in America was a black man. Also, the families of blacks murdered by blacks should be demanding reparations from their black murderers.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not believe anyone should lose.

I just do not believe the solution to past systemic racism is to implement systemic racism.

One solution I have seen quite a bit lately is to start implementing systemic racism by selecting people because of race in an attempt to correct past instances where people were selected because of race. IMHO racism cannot solve the problem of racism. The problem can be solved only by ending racism.

Reactions: Renniks and marks

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems like the media and BLM folk want white people to place themselves under a systemic racism.

Even though I'm not a racist, I'm to participate in a wealth transfer to the black people, which is racist. Black people are to receive free education which I would not be able to receive because I am white, which is racist.

They want their protesters who break laws to get a pass . . . because it's for "BLM", though if I commit some good ole white boy crime . . . guess what? No pass! What is that?

When the white lady went to the black protester to make a "white apology", and the guy tells her to kiss his feet, this seemed to me to display the desire of this movement.

Much love!
Amen! To quote Shelby Steele, "white guilt is black power".

" Anger in the oppressed is a response to perceived opportunity, not to injustice. And expressions of anger escalate not with more injustice but with less injustice. Wounds and injustices create only the potential for anger, but weakness in the oppressor calls out anger even when there is no wound or injustice. In both the best and the worst sense of the word, black rage is always a kind of opportunism."

Steele, Shelby. White Guilt (Kindle Locations 319-329). HarperCollins e-books. Kindle Edition.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If BLM has their way, everyone is going to lose. Initially, not just the white people will lose, but other color people will too. Since this movement is about giving supremecy to the black people. Everyone else will suffer, and the black people will continue to suffer, because none of this is the problem.

It IS about education, but that education is what happens in the family. So many black people don't even have an intact family! So many in these communities grow up understanding the messages that they cannot succeed for so many reasons.

Much love!

now Marks, i want to let you know that i have appreciated many of your posts, but we are simply going to disagree here.

Black families were broken apart during slavery, over and over again so they never had a history of strong families.

i see no evidence of black lives matter promoting black superiority - none at all. White people like to claim that all lives matter, which is true, but misses the point. if you told your wife/gf "i love you", you might be hopeful that she responds with "i love you" in return; if she said, "we are called to love everyone", it would sound like a dismissal, even if it is true.

we have an entire race of people who are not living up to their potential and it is time that we come together to support them, rather than throwing up road blocks.

and yes, public education is failing. we need to take it seriously, rather than trying to destroy it.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians should simply boycott Christianity Today.

BTW, there is an article today which states that the first slave owner in America was a black man. Also, the families of blacks murdered by blacks should be demanding reparations from their black murderers.

oh my gosh! well, it looks like white people have finally been vindicated! right here on Christianity boards! congrats, enoch!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not believe anyone should lose.

I just do not believe the solution to past systemic racism is to implement systemic racism.

One solution I have seen quite a bit lately is to start implementing systemic racism by selecting people because of race in an attempt to correct past instances where people were selected because of race. IMHO racism cannot solve the problem of racism. The problem can be solved only by ending racism.

i think white people are afraid of receiving the same treatment we have dished out to black people.