A little about JW's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
There are numerous Jehovah Witnesses who stand outside the local shopping centre in my area that wait patiently to spread their beliefs. I have talked to them on many occasions, but what strikes me as unusual is how happy they are. They're so sold on the idea of their church that they are completely closed minded, and nothing I say gets their mind's ticking over.

Because I've had a long history with modern Christianity in the past, I can see the differences in their theology. But I also can see how their differences have altered their perception away from many harmful mindsets that the outside believer can adopt.

They have no hell.
They don't celebrate tradition.
They don't endorsed war.
They are unified in their beliefs.
They don't tolerate agitators in their church.
They don't preach to people unless they approach them first.
They believe that miracles have ceased for a time.

These beliefs seems to have taken the pressure off God in a sense. That they have no underlying need for questioning why such beliefs (That the outside Christian has) Is not being addressed.

It's a simple belief structure, one I think has it's own merits. But their still dead wrong, and why are they dead wrong.

Because they can't accept change or views outside of their own beliefs, which makes them lousy friend's and companion's.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There are numerous Jehovah Witnesses who stand outside the local shopping centre in my area that wait patiently to spread their beliefs. I have talked to them on many occasions, but what strikes me as unusual is how happy they are. They're so sold on the idea of their church that they are completely closed minded, and nothing I say gets their mind's ticking over.

Because I've had a long history with modern Christianity in the past, I can see the differences in their theology. But I also can see how their differences have altered their perception away from many harmful mindsets that the outside believer can adopt.

They have no hell.
They don't endorsed war.

These beliefs seems to have taken the pressure off God in a sense. That they have no underlying need for questioning why such beliefs (That the outside Christian has) Is not being addressed.

It's a simple belief structure, one I think has it's own merits. But their still dead wrong, and why are they dead wrong.

Because they can't accept change or views outside of their own beliefs, which makes them lousy friend's and companion's.
Basically, they deny that 'the Word was God', which is what John chapter 1 declares.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They have no hell.
Some others agree with this if it is taken in the sense of no never ending torment.

How tradition-free are any of us? How free of it should we be?

They don't endorsed war.
Who among us does? In the Civil War of the United States which side was the Lord's side?

So were the builders of the tower Babel: Genesis 11

Quenching the Holy Spirit is what this is called and I have seen it happen in every church of my experience.

If you mean they wait for an open door, is that a bad or unbiblical approach?

Perhaps they only openly say what many others openly practice in this respect.

These beliefs seems to have taken the pressure off God in a sense.
God is not under pressure anyway, is He? Isn't pressure a man thing?

That they have no underlying need for questioning why such beliefs (That the outside Christian has) Is not being addressed.

Perhaps members of the more orthodox [so-called] churches would be equally lousy companions if they regularly practiced what the official stance of their churches were....

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Some others agree with this if it is taken in the sense of no never ending torment.

How tradition-free are any of us? How free of it should we be?

Who among us does? In the Civil War of the United States which side was the Lord's side?

So were the builders of the tower Babel: Genesis 11

Quenching the Holy Spirit is what this is called and I have seen it happen in every church of my experience.

If you mean they wait for an open door, is that a bad or unbiblical approach?

Perhaps they only openly say what many others openly practice in this respect.

God is not under pressure anyway, is He? Isn't pressure a man thing?

Perhaps members of the more orthodox [so-called] churches would be equally lousy companions if they regularly practiced what the official stance of their churches were....
It won't be long now until I kill all those who would follow a false cross, but fail to follow my desire.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I started this threat and to date the only ones who have replied to are those that tried to send members of LDS, Jehovah witnesses and SDA as being Christian.

While they are probably born again it speaks to Bible warnings against false gods, Christ's in Gospels.

Of course we are in apostasy when people are critical of those exposing cults as being unloving and unchristian like.

Jehovah witness and by default Bible Students

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JellyJam says about Jehovah's Witnesses:

Because they can't accept change or views outside of their own beliefs, makes them lousy friend's and companion's.[/QUOTE]

That's because your views and beliefs and those like you have made yourselves friends to the world which is ruled by Satan, therefore you and those like you have made yourselves enemies to God. You can't be friends with the world, but that is what your churches have done. So yes in your opinion and those like you because Jehovah's Witnesses refuse to be friends to the world as your churches have done you will see us as lousy friends.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Basically, they deny that 'the Word was God', which is what John chapter 1 declares.

We believe the Word to be Jesus Christ Which the scriptures teach us is the Only Begotten Son of God. John's gospel at chapter 20 verses 30,31 he tells us that everything he wrote was to teach that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. This what we Jehovah's witnesses believe.

Last edited: