A Mississippi wedding venue rejected an interracial couple, citing ‘Christian belief.’

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"By early Tuesday, the clip had amassed more than 2 million views across Twitter and YouTube, with critics slamming the business’s owners as “hateful racists” and calling for the venue to be shuttered. Following the backlash, Boone’s Camp Event Hall took down its Facebook page and its owner penned a lengthy apology, which, in part, chronicled her realization that “biracial relationships were NEVER mentioned in The Bible!”

deepsouthvoice.com/index.php/2019/09/01/no-mixed-or-gay-couples-mississippi-wedding-venue-manager-says-on-video/ …

Actually Moses is recorded to have married a Cushite woman....an Ethiopian woman. She was black. When Miriam protested Moses' choice of bride God struck her with leprosy...so much for her purity of skin...

Bigotry is just bigotry.

Racism is based on ignorance...not Christian faith. Anyone can believe a lie after all.

B

Butterfly

As soon as I saw ' deepsouthvoice.com - ' deep south' has got quite a reputation over here in the UK
On a personal note I don't think anyone should be forced to ' say yes ' or ' apologise ' to anyone else for not wanting to use their own business or property for something. If they own it, then its surely up to them.
It does not mean that everyone will agree with their decision or their reasons. Society claims that ' it's against human rights not to be exclusive to everyone ' but what about the individuals human right to say no if they do not agree or feel something it wrong . What about their rights.
I do not agree with the reason they give for saying no, but I equally don't agree with them having to justify there choice. Its them that will lose business , just move on and get married somewhere else - don't take offence
Just my opinions
Rita

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And why on Earth would anyone want to get married where they don't want to marry you? It's prejudice, sure, but so are all sorts of things both Blacks and Whites do everyday. I think this couple just wants attention. I am sure there are Black churches and businesses that would not marry them. Are they making a stink about those places? Of course not, it wouldn't make news.

Reactions: Helen and prism

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"By early Tuesday, the clip had amassed more than 2 million views across Twitter and YouTube, with critics slamming the business’s owners as “hateful racists” and calling for the venue to be shuttered. Following the backlash, Boone’s Camp Event Hall took down its Facebook page and its owner penned a lengthy apology, which, in part, chronicled her realization that “biracial relationships were NEVER mentioned in The Bible!”

deepsouthvoice.com/index.php/2019/09/01/no-mixed-or-gay-couples-mississippi-wedding-venue-manager-says-on-video/ …

Actually Moses is recorded to have married a Cushite woman....an Ethiopian woman. She was black. When Miriam protested Moses' choice of bride God struck her with leprosy...so much for her purity of skin...

Bigotry is just bigotry.

Racism is based on ignorance...not Christian faith. Anyone can believe a lie after all.

Yes Bigotry is bigotry. Not illegal. Not unChristian. It is an Opposiing Belief.

Racism? The denial of access to the Venue had nothing to do with Racism.

A Racist is one who IS AGAINST all others of a RACE other than their own.
The venue owner was NOT OPPOSING ANY RACE. She was Opposiing the MARRIAGE of two different Races. And THAT is where the LAW of man enters the situation.

Any person, Christian or Atheist who operates a business to serve the Public at Large, can and can not DO certain things regarding a potiental patron.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Helen and Willie T

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Bigotry is bigotry. Not illegal. Not unChristian. It is an Opposiing Belief.

Racism? The denial of access to the Venue had nothing to do with Racism.

A Racist is one who IS AGAINST all others of a RACE other than their own.
The venue owner was NOT OPPOSING ANY RACE. She was Opposiing the MARRIAGE of two different Races. And THAT is where the LAW of man enters the situation.

Any person, Christian or Atheist who operates a business to serve the Public at Large, can and can not DO certain things regarding a potiental patron.

Glory to God,
Taken
Most people have heard RACIST! screamed so loudly for so long, that not only do they not have any idea what the word means, they have come to accept that it must mean anything they don't like.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most people have heard RACIST! screamed so loudly for so long, that not only do they not have any idea what the word means, they have come to accept that it must mean anything they don't like.

Agree. In a nutshell it is like ANY Truth turned into a Lie.

Lies are perpetuated BY men FOR men...to: form a BOND of Like "minded" men.

Surprise....God is Forming THROUGH Christ the Lord...A BOND of Like "hearted", Like "spirited" men.

The name calling....particularly...
Bigot, Racist, Hater....are a mans WAY, driven by the thoughts of his MIND to make himself "APPEAR" worthy to be IN AGREEMENT WITH him.

Surprise....God favors a man who is IN AGREEMENT with God!

It's all about perspective...in what each individual chooses to be yoked with...
Minds of Men or the Spirit of God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Helen

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Bigotry is just bigotry.

Their bigotry isn't exactly a financially beneficial idea. Turning away business usually never is. However, why do we get bent when someone exercises their freedom of choice just because they're in business? Why don't we also force people to patronize certain establishments as well? Well, on second thought , we do force people to buy insurance, and a few other things, but other than that. Why shouldn't consumers be forced to patronize against their will rather than just the business being forced to serve against their will?

Shouldn't we also force people to patronize the non-bigoted, non-racist establishments as well?

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What gets me is that most people already know if a particular place is going to object or resist whatever it is they are going to approach them with. So, why bother with them?...……. Unless you just want the attention your insistence is going to stir up. I wouldn't go to a Jewish deli, and insist they prepare me a pork chop sandwich.

Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What gets me is that most people already know if a particular place is going to object or resist whatever it is they are going to approach them with. So, why bother with them?...……. Unless you just want the attention your insistence is going to stir up. I wouldn't go to a Jewish deli, and insist they prepare me a pork chop sandwich.
Like the gun shop that requires eating bacon before purchasing a gun.