A Modern Twist to the Parable of the Wheat and the Tares.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“A man sowed good seed in his field; but while men slept, Monsanto came and sowed his own patented seeds among the wheat and went his way. But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, unbeknownst to the owner the genetically modified wheat also appeared.

Then Monsanto came to the owner and said, 'My seed is planted in your field, and yet I have not been paid. So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have genetically modified wheat?’ He said to them, ‘Monsanto has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ But he said, ‘No, let both grow together until the harvest". But at the time of harvest Monsanto said to the reapers, “Gather together my stolen patented seed with the wheat, and bind it in bundles to burn.” ’ ”

This is not just a true story, but commonplace among farmers who are being prevented from cleaning their seeds due to the inablity of other farmers to keep their gmo seed from blowing into their neighbor's fields. Monsanto simply reports farmers who have not purchased their gmo seeds and when the government agents discover the seed, the farmers are found guilty of growing Monsanto's seed and must then burn ALL of it.

When a corporation makes Satan look like a small time vandal who is impotent to destroy his enemy, they redefine evil. Satan only manages to have his own tares burned while Monsanto manages to have all wheat destroyed along with the farmer's livelihood.

Over 250 thousand farmers in India have committed suicide due to their genetically modified crops failing.