A most shocking response

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A little earlier I received ( in part ) the following response to my thoughts on the forum.
" Who cares what the Lord desires in an internet forum ? This is not some church, ", there was a little more but it's not needed for this post.
This is totally shocking to me ! This person seems completely unaware of the truth, that we ARE the Church ( if we are In Christ )...You cannot choose to be a 'christian', only if you're in a 'church' meeting.
I can see a little more clearly now, why these forums can be such poison to our souls, and yet we sit here daily and lap it up, when we ought to be 'eating' and 'drinking' from the Spirit of Life.
I am appalled at the thinking some have that we only need to 'seen' to be christians when we are in church meetings, what a crock of dung, that is !
You either ARE the church, or you are not, no matter where you are at any given time, and you cannot represent Christ in this fashion...I know we all have times when we know we are not being 100% In Him, and thankfully He has already taken care of that, but to say God doesn't care how His Son is represented, well that's just not the Truth.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You either ARE the church, or you are not, no matter where you are at any given time

interesting, are we the 'church' when on our own or merely a Christian on their own.?
Are we only the 'church' when two or three are gathered together to pray, wordhip etc?

I don't have an answer to this one.

What I would say is that the internet whether a forum on an online service is not a medium or replacement for Christian worship.
For that we physicaly have to be present.

Reactions: Willie T

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
interesting, are we the 'church' when on our own or merely a Christian on their own.?
Are we only the 'church' when two or three are gathered together to pray, wordhip etc?

I don't have an answer to this one.

What I would say is that the internet whether a forum on an online service is not a medium or replacement for Christian worship.
For that we physicaly have to be present.

A forum may be the only place a person has for Christian fellowship.
You are the church, especially when you stand alone.
You meet an unsaved person somewhere, you are given a chance to present the Gospel.
You can't do that in a church service.
You can be fed and feel good and hopefully hear a decent sermon and make friends.
But the homeless guy out in the street corner, he needs for you to give him the Word of God, and maybe he needs a donation more than the church building needs it.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Very few people in the west are unable to get to a church service, even though that service may not feed or encourage that Christian. The Christian is joining with others to worship, he is also witnessing to those there ot how serious he values worship and chrstian fellowship.

Witnessing to a nonchristian is something one does prior to going to church with them.

The 'homeless' needs personal contact more than a handout, if one is going to help a 'homeless' person, talk to them and listen to them, be a regular part of their routine.
Find out what options there are for help, shelter etc.

Don't be disapointed ifyou're seen as an easy mark. Not everyone can do this.

As for contributing to supporting your churc. Find out how they use the money. Is it better used helping someone buy drink/drugs or in running a wide range of sevices to a whole community?

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Very few people in the west are unable to get to a church service
very few there are unable to serve in the military either i guess, same "service" going on in either place imo
Witnessing to a nonchristian is something one does prior to going to church with them.
witnessing is for those who call you to account, not for strangers wadr

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Physicall present in a church to join in corporate worship.
so then, "church" as an Establishment, not at all the definition of Church as presented in Scripture imo.
i can show you a pdf of the contract if you like?
the agreement the deceived ("ordained") make with the rulers, to "establish" a "church."

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
so then, "church" as an Establishment, not at all the definition of Church as presented in Scripture imo.
i can show you a pdf of the contract if you like?
the agreement the deceived ("ordained") make with the rulers, to "establish" a "church."

witnessing is for those who call you to account, not for strangers wadr

When I read the story of Duncan Campbell, the minister involved in the Lewes revival, I was impressed and surprised that he regularly attended church as a young Christian, even though he knew the minister was not a Christian. That same minister later admitted it was seeing the quality of his life and the dependability of his attendance that challenged him. Resulting in his conversion.

Paul tells us in Hebrews not to neglect to meet together and includes that we are to encourage others, it is not all about what we get from a church service.

If you are talking to a non christian about Christianity, trying to do so in the midst of a church service is a bad time, it is somethging that should have been done before going into the church.

If you find yourself sitting next to someone who wants to discuss Christianity durring a service, then I would suggest take them out of the service and findsomewhere to sit and discuss Christianity with them.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
When I read the story of Duncan Campbell, the minister involved in the Lewes revival, I was impressed and surprised that he regularly attended church as a young Christian, even though he knew the minister was not a Christian. That same minister later admitted it was seeing the quality of his life and the dependability of his attendance that challenged him. Resulting in his conversion.

Paul tells us in Hebrews not to neglect to meet together and includes that we are to encourage others, it is not all about what we get from a church service.

If you are talking to a non christian about Christianity, trying to do so in the midst of a church service is a bad time, it is somethging that should have been done before going into the church.

If you find yourself sitting next to someone who wants to discuss Christianity durring a service, then I would suggest take them out of the service and findsomewhere to sit and discuss Christianity with them.
i think ppl who want to discuss (which really means "sermonize my point of view," right) Christianity should understand that they are the Greeks of the NT, and imo they all belong in mortgaged buildings either collecting or giving money, and pretending that is Church; exactly what we have now, iow. Let the blind lead the blind

"daughters of Jerusalem, do not find love until you are ready"

in that context i think you make some good points though, don't get me wrong.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
or to put this another way i would perceive other, better interpretations of two or three gathered together in My Name than what an Institutional Christian will assure you is Church, yet demonstrably is not.

calling a building a "church" is arguably a grave sin, even

Reactions: Dan57

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A little earlier I received ( in part ) the following response to my thoughts on the forum.
" Who cares what the Lord desires in an internet forum ? This is not some church, ", there was a little more but it's not needed for this post.
This is totally shocking to me ! This person seems completely unaware of the truth, that we ARE the Church ( if we are In Christ )...You cannot choose to be a 'christian', only if you're in a 'church' meeting.
Unfortunately, there are too many people who attend churches and/or Christian forums, but really don't know or worse don't care what pleases God.

I can see a little more clearly now, why these forums can be such poison to our souls, and yet we sit here daily and lap it up, when we ought to be 'eating' and 'drinking' from the Spirit of Life.

There are likely some few who visit here who really are hungry and thirsty for God and His kingdom. It may well be that it is through you or me such a person receives something that is really wanted and needed. This is why we need to be able to see and to hear so that we know when God wants to use us. Sometimes we need to be eating and drinking but sometimes it is we are to feed others.

I am appalled at the thinking some have that we only need to 'seen' to be christians when we are in church meetings, what a crock of dung, that is !
You either ARE the church, or you are not, no matter where you are at any given time, and you cannot represent Christ in this fashion...I know we all have times when we know we are not being 100% In Him, and thankfully He has already taken care of that, but to say God doesn't care how His Son is represented, well that's just not the Truth.
Yes, so many do not understand that people are the Church. We may well be the best foot of the Body of Christ that needs to be put forward. Does our natural foot take a break from being our foot?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
or to put this another way i would perceive other, better interpretations of two or three gathered together in My Name than what an Institutional Christian will assure you is Church, yet demonstrably is not.

calling a building a "church" is arguably a grave sin, even
If people are worshipping God in spirit and in truth, do you think God cares whether they are in someones front room, gathered in a field, on a plain building with church written on it or in a ornate building.

Remember God insituted organised worship, you can read about it in Leviticus and in Acts.

God is dealing with us as individuals not as tribal or family groups and he arranges us in a new society which he calls the church, both as groups of people and as organised groups of people.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

a crock of dung?

if you are so appalled, then maybe its because you don't have a realistic expectation of your fellow man. and something like an internet forum that is open to every jerk and brain fart you're going to hear it all. which doesn't change where you stand in the Lord does it?

Psa 110:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. 2 The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

the Light of the Lord shines into the darkness of the world until the Father separates the two. just as the first day:

Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

right now He is looking to the Light is good hence to His satisfaction and when that is fulfilled then.

creation is for the living not the dead.

Reactions: Taken and pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If people are worshipping God in spirit and in truth, do you think God cares whether they are in someones front room, gathered in a field, on a plain building with church written on it or in a ornate building.
imo the Q is not so much whether God cares as whether the "if" there is true or not.
Certainly one can serve God wherever they are at, and if you "go to church" to tell people that they are following an Institution, and can only be deceived there, then imo that is what you are doing
Remember God insituted organised worship, you can read about it in Leviticus and in Acts.
you would have to Quote the vv, sorry, the word "institution" is used exactly once in the Bible,
1 Peter 2:13 Lexicon: Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority,

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God is dealing with us as individuals not as tribal or family groups and he arranges us in a new society which he calls the church, both as groups of people and as organised groups of people.
so you say, but to my mind the bolded is a contradiction. Maybe i'm just missing something, i'll read this again in the am

Last edited:

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Which group is organized and which group is not organized?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, forums are very much just a little sampling of the world, and not the church so much. When most go to church services they act differently than in the world. We all do that a little with our temper, etc., but face to face with people we at least try to show a little love. I should think that the amount of difference in behavior that a person has between the way they are in church as opposed to how they act in the world, is probably equal to the amount of the face to face love that is actually phony and not real. Makes since.

Nonetheless, the church doors are open to have an impact on such behavior. Hopefully that is true here too. Sometimes, that is perhaps the only reason to show up. The apostle Paul makes a good example, saying, "I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some."