A new title for Good Friday!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Instead of calling to day Good Friday in remembrance of Jesus dying for us, I say we should from henceforth callit:

GREAT,WONDERFULSPECTACULAR, AWESOME, SPLENDID, MAGNIFICENT, SUPERB,AMAZING,SUPER-DUPER, FANTABULOUS, SPLENDIFEROUS, BEST EVER FRIDAY.

Jesus suffered at the hands of the Father on my behalf on this day so many years ago. Just expressing my feelings about it!

Happy Friday above and a splendid resurrection day to all!

Reactions: Lambano and Pearl

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is strong evidence that 'Good' in 'Good Friday' is an Anglo-Dutch corruption word for God's Friday, as goodbye is a corruption of the words 'God be with you.'

I would think 'Sacrificial Friday' is appropriate.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Whatever we choose to call it it's still wonderful to think that our God died in such agony out of love for us. No other religion has a god who died for them and then rose from the grave. Praise be to his holy name.

And when I think that God, His Son not sparing,Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,He bled and died to take away my sin;

Reactions: Lambano