• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mal'ak

Jan 15, 2019
Cedar City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wanted to give a typical day of a Christian to cut through all the falsehood, giving a very simple and Biblical typical day for a Christian using myself as an example.

A Typical Day for a Christian Biblically:

*Every day I wake up and pray to the Father in Jesus' name based on the 'Our Father', which Jesus commands us is the manner to pray (Matthew 6:9). I ask for guidance, protection, give thanks, give glory, express my love, express my fear in God, pray for family and others, then ask for forgiveness of every sin I may I committed the day before that I am not aware of. We are commanded to ask for forgiveness and it is the only way to be forgiven because we all sin, anyone who says they do not sin is a liar. (1 John 1:9-10)

*Throughout my day I am confronted with choices, of what to do and what to say. I follow the teachings of David by considering my way and asking myself if this choice is Christ-like (Psalm 39:1), the Father guides me by sending the Holy Spirit to call into remembrance scripture (John 14:26), then I make a choice for myself of what I am going to do based on scripture as a lamp at my feet as I take each step in life (Psalm 119:105).

*Every person here that is real with themselves know they sin, that the false belief that we do not commit sin as Christians is a lie. There are times we make quick choices, we make choices based on anger or fear, say something we regret because we are upset. In those times our conscience calls out to us and we pause in horror and shame, "why did I just do that!?" But I know God is merciful, so I pray to the Father asking for forgiveness (1 John 1:9) knowing because of Jesus' sacrifice I will be cleansed. The difference between sweepingly asking forgiveness in the morning and after I realized I just sinned, is that I am not sure what sins I may have committed the day before but still want to be forgiven while when you see your sin it changes to repentance. If you look up the meaning of "repent", it means "to change one's mind for better, heartily to amend with abhorrence of one's past sins". Which is more then saying sorry, it is realizing you did wrong and change your mind on how you will behave in the future so you do not commit the sin again. You use the Lord's name in vein, ask forgiveness, then do it again, ask forgiveness, then do it again. It is clear to God you are not really ashamed or sorry since you keep doing it, so you are not forgiven, since you are just saying the words you think will ease your conscience while you continue in your sin uncaringly. Also forgive others, or you will not be forgiven (Matthew 6:15).

*During the day I am directed by the Holy Spirit to do works for God (Acts 8:26), based on my Spiritual gifts (1 Corinthians 14:12), which include teaching for me personally though each of us have different gifts and so different works. As a teacher of God's Word I do lots of different things in my life, but these forms are an example of one work. I was led to a few Christian forums to learn and teach, and I will check the site and look through the posts to see where I am lead to reply. When I do reply I am guided by the Holy Spirit just like when I make choices in my life, by the Holy Spirit calling into remembrance scripture related to the topic (John 14:26). I am led to do works, but still my free will choice if I am going to write a post here. Some times I get home after working ten hours and tired, the flesh cries out to me "you are tired and worked all day, just go sit down get something to drink instead of posting". But I choose to do God's work because it is the right thing to do and I have hope that maybe I can help someone that is in spiritual need, but that is not saying I have not let the flesh persuade me from doing God's work. These idea on these forums of "you can not sin", I know I have sinned and honest enough with myself to admit it and repent (others on here are welcome to lie to themselves to feel better or holy). I know my works are my own and God does not mind control me like some say here, because I have chosen not to do them when felt led to do them in my life. Not something I am proud of, but I know I am human and I let the whispers of satan along with the flesh pull me from what I should do.

*I study God's Word, so I can know how to be a better Christian and to do works. There is the lie that the Holy Spirit mind controls you to be righteous and to do works, all that are honest know it is a choice we make. As stated before, Jesus tells us we are not mind controlled, but that the Holy Spirit comes to us to call into remembrance scripture we have read to base our actions/works on (John 14:26). That is why we need to study the Word of God, because if we have no knowledge there will be nothing the Holy Spirit can cause us to remember for us to be righteous or do works (2 Timothy 2:15).

"Matthew 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

The reason why our burden as Christians is "light" and "easy", is because the Bible gives us step by step direction on how to behave, we only need to study and apply the teachings to our lives.

"Christians can not sin", then why are there so many Scriptures talking about "IF you ask for forgiveness you will be cleansed"? Why did Jesus die? Why do am I commanded to repent?

"All you need is faith", then why does Jesus say we will be judged on our works? What is the point of life, if not the "trial of our faith"? What is the trial of our faith, if not proving our faith by works and continuing to be Christ-like even though we do not know even if there is a Christ?

"Once saved always saved", then why are there so many warnings about following lusts and the darts of the devil? Why are we given examples of the sins and failings of those in the past to learn from, if everything is predestined? Why do I need the Armor of God to protect me from satan's darts, if I am already saved and nothing can change that?

The one thing all three of these have in common, is that they are all 1 verse doctrine taken out of context and purposely dismissing the rest of the Bible to create a cop out. This is our trail of faith, this is our time to prove our grit to God. You can be scared and live in a cop out to ease your mind, or you can be a soldier of Christ and stand for your beliefs.

Reactions: icxn and Nancy

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your post, I try to do the same but my human emotions take over and I find myself asking for forgiveness over and over again.

I agree with your last three verses.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your post, I try to do the same but my human emotions take over and I find myself asking for forgiveness over and over again.

I agree with your last three verses.
"I find myself asking for forgiveness over and over again."
Hi J.P.
This is my issue as well. I HATE that there are certain instances that can cause me to be angry, and toss, and break my stuff! Tears, and curses will come out during the episodes. They are much further and few between than ever before but, it usually ends with me on the floor, frustrated, spent of energy, crying like a baby and wondering WHY!!! I constantly ask His forgiveness with this sin and am constantly begging Him to remove this from me and to give me the strength and ability to resist immediately. I must wonder if this kind of thing happens to all of us at one time or another. It's like, that certain sin that seems to trip us up. This sin is NOT against anybody but God and somehow that makes it all the more worse! These peaks and valleys can be rough, for sure.
Sure am glad that we can go to Him for forgiveness. ♥

Reactions: JohnPaul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The 'normal' - if I can even use that word - pursuits of a believer are prayer and the Scriptures. Plus if available, with other Christians, the Acts 2.42 activities.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I find myself asking for forgiveness over and over again."
Hi J.P.
This is my issue as well. I HATE that there are certain instances that can cause me to be angry, and toss, and break my stuff! Tears, and curses will come out during the episodes. They are much further and few between than ever before but, it usually ends with me on the floor, frustrated, spent of energy, crying like a baby and wondering WHY!!! I constantly ask His forgiveness with this sin and am constantly begging Him to remove this from me and to give me the strength and ability to resist immediately. I must wonder if this kind of thing happens to all of us at one time or another. It's like, that certain sin that seems to trip us up. This sin is NOT against anybody but God and somehow that makes it all the more worse! These peaks and valleys can be rough, for sure.
Sure am glad that we can go to Him for forgiveness. ♥
I think it happens to a lot of Christians, Nancy, even if we resist, because after all we are human.

I will pray to the Lord to give me patience and like you ask him to take these thoughts and foul words from me, and when pushed will act out and then ask for forgiveness again, I try hard not to commit the same sins over and over again, no matter how hard I try, I find myself doing it.

All we can do is try harder and like Jesus forgive those who tempt us and push us, which in human form is very hard to do, because we want to react towards those who try to hurt us.

Keeping you in my prayers sister Nancy.

Reactions: GodsGrace

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy ...Episodes of fret, frustration and even outbursts are not necessarily sin to our Father. We sometimes just do it to ourselves and we should pray to our Father to fix it. Our hearts can play tricks on us out of excessive emotions and worries over time. It can turn into a syndrome, and a bad habit. We may be convicting ourselves of sin where the spirit of God says it is not sin at all. And of course there is the converse situation that is more crucial to our lives. We can also delude ourselves and ignore that we are actually sinning. The Spirit will eventually nab us and convict of these....I would agree with @Mal'ak and say the scripture brings to light our path to life. And its not a 1.2.3 step procedure or recipe. Each person is engaged in the Spirit differently in their walk.

@Mal'ak ...we sin in the flesh for sure, although we are sinless in the eyes of God because of the spirit of truth and comfort, within us. As a believer we know what is truly sin and we speak in sincerity and contrite heart to truth in spirit to acknowledge it without any fanfare, and for it to be dismissed in our lives. As a believer, at least for me, I do not make sinning a lifestyle because not of my own efforts, it is because the Spirit residents within me, and is working on me. Man, the changes in sinning-less from when I became first a believer 45 years ago is amazing.... and yes that armor of a spiritual nature is crucial and must be worn....you get used to it....

Bless you,

APAK

Reactions: Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually there is nothing "normal" about the life of a Christian. ;) We are being constantly challenged to leave our "normal" way of doing things behind.

So I guess the normal Christian day is to remove us from what we have always seen as normal. We are being led into a miraculous relationship with a miraculous God. And God is anything but normal or natural in His ways.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy ...Episodes of fret, frustration and even outbursts are not necessarily sin to our Father. We sometimes just do it to ourselves and we should pray to our Father to fix it. Our hearts can play tricks on us out of excessive emotions and worries over time. It can turn into a syndrome, and a bad habit. We may be convicting ourselves of sin where the spirit of God says it is not sin at all. And of course there is the converse situation that is more crucial to our lives. We can also delude ourselves and ignore that we are actually sinning. The Spirit will eventually nab us and convict of these....I would agree with @Mal'ak and say the scripture brings to light our path to life. And its not a 1.2.3 step procedure or recipe. Each person is engaged in the Spirit differently in their walk.

@Mal'ak ...we sin in the flesh for sure, although we are sinless in the eyes of God because of the spirit of truth and comfort, within us. As a believer we know what is truly sin and we speak in sincerity and contrite heart to truth in spirit to acknowledge it without any fanfare, and for it to be dismissed in our lives. As a believer, at least for me, I do not make sinning a lifestyle because not of my own efforts, it is because the Spirit residents within me, and is working on me. Man, the changes in sinning-less from when I became first a believer 45 years ago is amazing.... and yes that armor of a spiritual nature is crucial and must be worn....you get used to it....

Bless you,

APAK

Thank you APAK, you are right and, I do pray for Him to purge me of any and everything that is not of Him. I feel as if it is sin when it's happening so, it is back to asking forgiveness and strength and CONTROL to overcome it. This is just one of those areas that seems to trip me up. ♥

Reactions: APAK

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually there is nothing "normal" about the life of a Christian. ;) We are being constantly challenged to leave our "normal" way of doing things behind.

So I guess the normal Christian day is to remove us from what we have always seen as normal. We are being led into a miraculous relationship with a miraculous God. And God is anything but normal or natural in His ways.

Hi Epi!
"Actually there is nothing "normal" about the life of a Christian." Tru dat me bro! But then, "normal" can be pretty tough to pin down any definition (other than status quo) of "normal". There seems to be more ab-normal than there is normal anymore, lol.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
anyone who says they do not sin is a liar. (1 John 1:9-10)

I think you are misinterpreting those verses.

If you go further down in the epistle, you will find a statement that whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin, for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 1:10 tells us that all of us have sinned (past tense).

1 John 1:8 tells us that we all have the element of sin dwelling in our mortal flesh. Nevertheless it can be rendered dead (Romans 7:8, Galatians 5:25, Romans 6:6) so that is has no say over what we do.

1 John 1:9 tells us that if we sin, the remedy so that we can be forgiven is that we confess our sin(s).