A Note of Apology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Note of Apology

We are such selfish creatures, me included. We are so caught up in what we have going on that we seldom pay attention to those around us. And if we do notice, heaven forbid someone(God) throws a ripple in our well-mapped-out day and calls us to do something other than what we have planned. God speaks at the most inconvenient times. And rarely does it match our plan. God speaks and something urgent appears out of nowhere that causes us to inwardly groan, “I don’t want to do that today.” It is easy to obey God when He moves us toward something that is important to us, but when it is something important to God and not us, we tend to whine. Or at least I do.

You are important to God.

I want to tell you, “I am sorry.” I am sorry I have not been doing what God called the church to do and as a result, you have been neglected. You continue to go unseen and unheard. I have missed it for so long. I could not see past my own nose long enough to notice your pain. That was not God’s plan.

God did not commission the church to be blinded by this world. God called the church toward compassion and selflessness. It is me that is not fulfilling the mission. Instead, I argue my point and belief because I need to feel smart. Even worse, I use God’s scripture to do it. I speak of truth (in my own eyes) but seldom turn those words into action. I claim to know God but seldom pay attention to God’s heart for His people.

I am called to hug you when you desperately need a hug, without condemnation. I am called to listen when you need someone to listen (truly listen instead of baiting you and steering you toward what I want to talk about.) God, gave me eyes to see and ears to hear for a reason. You are that reason. I am called to put your needs above my own, even when it is not convenient. I am called to be different than the world that tramples all over your cries for help as if you are invisible. You are of the utmost importance, and somehow, I have missed it. You are the mission. Not for another notch for my ego, but because YOU are what is important to God. You have been in front of me this entire time, and somehow, I didn’t see you, and for that I am sorry.

(Matthew 25) "For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well this cant be right you got over fifty viewers in here and no one agrees with you. No one says amen, no one says I am the same so much silence. Well I would like to thank you for the second best post I seen in here so far, The best post I saw was you other post. Its true all you said here. I love truth and embrace it. Thats what we do. So thank you and bless you and I bless God for you.

Lord thank you for honest brethern. And Lord I want to thank you that what ever we didnt do. There is no condemnation in Christ. Thank you Father for how you see us through Christ and we are beautiful in your sight.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
hmm, seems like with the propensity of people on forums to be disagreeable (perhaps simply as a matter of forwarding a debate), it could be remarked that 50 people read the OP and no one disagreed, and how amazing is that? :)