A petition to allow access to other sections of the forum.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

InquisitiveAgnostic

Nov 30, 2012
Ontario Canada
Hello all,

I come to you with a small favor. I would like to ask permission to be able to post on the other sections of this forum.

Currently I am relegated to the two smallest segments, The Outreach Ministry Christian Forum; and the Christian Fellowship Forum. While these are both fun and useful sections, they are rarely trafficked and generally hold more superfluous issues.

Even though I don't share your beliefs, I have always been respectful and mindful of them, if allowed access to the other sections I could provide a viewpoint from another world view, sometimes in agreement, sometimes not; but hopefully always in the interest of furthering a conversation.

I fully understand that if I were given this priviledge I would be walking a fine line. I would not blaspheme, instigate or 'de-convert'. Any conflicts that might arise I would restrain to private messages, or if it were appropriate, the two sections I am able to post on anyways.

I do hope the moderators give my plea an honest consideration, as I would love to help enrich the conversations here further.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
No, then you might learn the "Secret Christian Handshake". ;)

But anyway, it's not my call nor within my power to grant or deny your petition. But while you may hold true to your word and personal convictions there are others who could not. If one exception is made then where is the line left to be drawn. Once a line is erased it is erased. Besides, we have enough on our hands banning "christian" posters who can't play nice.

And for complete disclosure: I kind of live on the line between decorum and desolation, anyway. So I am talking to myself as well.

I can't say the answer is "No" (like I said, it isn't my call), but if you pose the questions you want to pose I don't think you'll get substantially different answers whether you are "inside" or "outside" the lines of demarcation already established.

I am sure the other mods, super mods, and super-duper mod (the site owner) will also read and carefully consider your petition.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi IA! :)

The decision to allow "other faith members into other sections of the community is entirely up to HammerStone.
You can PM him for faster results or otherwise wait until he reads this thread.

Thanks for the message,

Blessings!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IA, while I don't particularly doubt that you would not abuse your given privileges, we originally went down this road some time ago. Unfortunately, while a smile minority would handle this ability well, most cannot. Case upon case witnessed a situation where believers would discuss an issue, and nonbelievers [of Christianity] would express some doubt or argument that was tangental to the discussion at best, essentially derailing the entire thread. It was a case of people talking about two different things entirely.

If I allow a select group of people "in" - and I don't like that terminology because I don't desire to be exclusive of legitimate discourse nor is the kingdom of God exclusive of people in any sense other than faith - then the charge of opportunism (choosing people favorable to argument with) and/or favoritism will arise. It's just not worth the slippery slope argument, because it's yet another aspect we must develop guidelines/rules for and administrate.

I am fully open to suggestions on what we can do to make this part of the forum more robust for profitable discussion. This is actually something on my heart for a time now. I have simply not acted because I am not sure the route that we would go down. I'm all ears if you maybe have some suggestions to make this place better.

InquisitiveAgnostic

Nov 30, 2012
Ontario Canada
I think a suitable condition for non-believers to be allowed to post on other sections of the board could be as simple as having 100 or 200 posts on the forum without displaying harmful or combative intent. Then they would be elligable for approval.

This would ensure that idle trolls or people who only have negative things to say would either have to log WAY too many hours and/or prove their malicious intent before reaching the goal number.

I know I'm not even close to there yet, but I see it as a fair possibility that I would have no problem working towards.