A place where two ways met:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two Covenants:

(Zechariah 9:9) Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

[SIZE=medium](Matthew 21:2-7) “Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find as ass tied, and a colt with her: loose [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]them[/SIZE][SIZE=medium], and bring [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]them[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] unto me. And if any [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]man[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] say ought to you, ye shall say, The Lord hath need of them; and straightway he will send them. All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass. And the disciples went, and did as Jesus commanded them, And brought the ass, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]him[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] thereon.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Was Jesus riding upon an ass, or upon the foal of an ass?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]"loose [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]them[/SIZE][SIZE=medium], and bring [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]them[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] unto me"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Two covenants found in Genesis: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](Genesis 49:11) “Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass’s colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes:”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]A place where two ways met:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](Mark 11: 4-8) ”And they went their way, and found the colt tied by the door without in a place where two ways met; and they loose him. And certain of them that stood there said unto the, What do ye, loosing the colt? And they said unto them even as Jesus had commanded: and they let them go. And they brought the colt to Jesus, and cast their garments on him; and he sat upon him. And many spread their garments in the way: and others cut down branches off the trees, and strawed them in the way.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]They that went before, and they that followed:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Mark 11: 9-10) “And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord: Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord:[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Hosanna in the highest.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](Galatians 4: 22-31) “[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.”
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] (Proverbs) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the
Lord[/SIZE], she shall be praised.
[SIZE=12pt]Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Who can find a virtuous woman?
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Jesus.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]This passage is not about one[/SIZE] singular woman, it is about a virtuous woman for Christ. The book of Ruth beautifully displays the two covenants and ties in perfectly with the virtuous woman found in the book of Proverbs.

[SIZE=medium](Genesis[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]) Binding his foal unto the vine [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium](Genesis) [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]and his ass’s colt unto the choice vine[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium](Mark) A place where two ways met:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt](Ruth 3:11) “And now, my daughter, fear not; I will do to thee all that thou requirest: for all the city of my people doth know that thou art a virtuous woman.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Who is Ruth? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Who does Ruth represent when she asks Boaz “spread therefore thy skirt over thine handmaid; for thou art[/SIZE] a near kinsman.” Remember when the woman with the issue of blood (Luke 8) “touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched.” The border of Christ's garment symbolizing His authority. What was Jesus’ response? (Luke 8: 46) “And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me.”

[SIZE=12pt]Virtue.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Strength. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt](Psalm 8:7) "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him."[/SIZE]

Last edited: