A Prayer For Those Who Need Joy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father, I thank you for the joy you've given me. There's joy in just thinking about Who You are and the dark places you've been with me and delivered me from.

There's joy in the seemingly small mercies we take for granted every day. The way you provide us food and clothing. There's joy in the ability to move our bodies and make a difference for others. And even if we can't move, we can still pray for others. Thank you for all this, Lord.

You are the reason for joy. You love us and You give is strength. You teach us to weep with those who weep and so we strengthen the brokenhearted. You give us life abundantly. You are the Father of lights. At your right hand are pleasures forevermore. You made life enjoyable. I praise you for that, God. Your wisdom provides us with happiness and laughter and every good thing.

Please restore the joy of my brothers and sisters who are hurting, who have been oppressed by life's circumstances, and beat down by the lies of the enemy. Help them see that your hand is there to support them and that your Holy Spirit is the Comforter.

Joy is our heritage as your children. Help everyone who reads this to walk in it and increase their joy. Help us renew our minds with the truth. The truth is that you love us and your intentions toward us have been good from the beginning. You never intended the abuses and traumas we have gone through. That was the enemy, who comes to kill, steal, and destroy.

Your plan for us has always been Emmanuel---God with us. To be distinct yet united with us. To love us and for us to love You. I pray the truth would shatter the destructive lies of the enemy. I pray that we would each be established in the love of Jesus.

Thank you, Lord. Thank you for revealing you're heart. Who you are is amazing and You are worthy of praise.

Thank you for restoring my joy and my husbands joy. Let our joy increase in Jesus' name. Amen.