A profound story of a beautiful wife and a rich man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alice Chen

May 29, 2018
Seoul
www.holyspiritspeaks.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Korea, Democratic Peoples Republic Of
This evening, during cleaning the room, I listened to a wonderful sermon which talks about a story about a beautiful wife and a rich man. It's very meaningful. So I'd like to share it with you all. May we get more enlightenment from it.
1f609.png
1f609.png

1f935.png
1f487_200d_2640.png
There once lived a billionaire in a city. He married a very pretty woman as his wife. For this woman was very beautiful, this rich man always felt worried about their marriage. He worried that this pretty woman married him just for his money, so he never trusted her. However, this pretty woman didn't care about how he treated herself. She just worked hard to look after the whole family including the old and the young. More than ten years had passed, this pretty woman still kept her duty and never changed. Thus, he felt very sorry for his attitude toward his wife. I thought within: My pretty wife is different from other beautiful women. She truly loves me and wants to live with me till grey. She really paid too much for this family. I couldn't have treated her like that. I need to trust her totally as a husband. After a fierce thinking of this matter, he decided to give all his property to his wife for this he thought she was deserved.

1f622.png
1f622.png
Later, he applied to the court for transferring his all property to his pretty wife to confirm her life. One day, the rich man came back home from work, he didn't see his wife as usual. He felt a little sad. Then he went to the kitchen and found none cooked the meal. Then he still consoled himself within: No worries. I won't die if I miss just one meal. However, when he came to the table, there was a white paper with two big words in it. Do you know what it said? "Bye Bye."

1f620.png
1f620.png
This story is over. However, the profound meaning needs us to ponder. From this story, we can see this woman was so malicious that she pretended so deeply in order to get the rich man's property. She deceived the rich man from the beginning to the end by paying much effort for this family. If we just look at the superficial thing, we will say: wow, this pretty woman is so diligent and really a good woman. However, for what did she do that? For herself to get the property easily. So such a paying effort is disgusting and worthless. None will approve such devotion.

1f61e.png
1f61e.png
However, when we reflected ourselves, I found the relationship between God and us is just like the relationship between the rich man and the beautiful woman. We love God or we serve God is not just pure for God but we also have impurity in it. We wanna get good fate, happy family or nice job from God. So we pretend to do something good outside. However, if one day, God deprives all that we have, we may quarrel with God and can't obey God anymore. So if we can't remove the wrong motivation within, then we can't get the approval by God. :);):(:cool::p:D:eek::rolleyes:
33871310_646945932319940_3147758076421996544_n.jpg

Reactions: Katherine

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This evening, during cleaning the room, I listened to a wonderful sermon which talks about a story about a beautiful wife and a rich man. It's very meaningful. So I'd like to share it with you all. May we get more enlightenment from it.
1f609.png
1f609.png

1f935.png
1f487_200d_2640.png
There once lived a billionaire in a city. He married a very pretty woman as his wife. For this woman was very beautiful, this rich man always felt worried about their marriage. He worried that this pretty woman married him just for his money, so he never trusted her. However, this pretty woman didn't care about how he treated herself. She just worked hard to look after the whole family including the old and the young. More than ten years had passed, this pretty woman still kept her duty and never changed. Thus, he felt very sorry for his attitude toward his wife. I thought within: My pretty wife is different from other beautiful women. She truly loves me and wants to live with me till grey. She really paid too much for this family. I couldn't have treated her like that. I need to trust her totally as a husband. After a fierce thinking of this matter, he decided to give all his property to his wife for this he thought she was deserved.

1f622.png
1f622.png
Later, he applied to the court for transferring his all property to his pretty wife to confirm her life. One day, the rich man came back home from work, he didn't see his wife as usual. He felt a little sad. Then he went to the kitchen and found none cooked the meal. Then he still consoled himself within: No worries. I won't die if I miss just one meal. However, when he came to the table, there was a white paper with two big words in it. Do you know what it said? "Bye Bye."

1f620.png
1f620.png
This story is over. However, the profound meaning needs us to ponder. From this story, we can see this woman was so malicious that she pretended so deeply in order to get the rich man's property. She deceived the rich man from the beginning to the end by paying much effort for this family. If we just look at the superficial thing, we will say: wow, this pretty woman is so diligent and really a good woman. However, for what did she do that? For herself to get the property easily. So such a paying effort is disgusting and worthless. None will approve such devotion.

1f61e.png
1f61e.png
However, when we reflected ourselves, I found the relationship between God and us is just like the relationship between the rich man and the beautiful woman. We love God or we serve God is not just pure for God but we also have impurity in it. We wanna get good fate, happy family or nice job from God. So we pretend to do something good outside. However, if one day, God deprives all that we have, we may quarrel with God and can't obey God anymore. So if we can't remove the wrong motivation within, then we can't get the approval by God. :);):(:cool::p:D:eek:
33871310_646945932319940_3147758076421996544_n.jpg
Hello Alice,
Welcome to the forum.
Even though men fail you there is one who sticks closer than a brother. He will not.

Alice Chen

May 29, 2018
Seoul
www.holyspiritspeaks.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Korea, Democratic Peoples Republic Of
Hello Alice,
Welcome to the forum.
Even though men fail you there is one who sticks closer than a brother. He will not.
First, thank you brother for your encouraging words. Second, I think you get me wrong again. If you are available, you can read my post again. Thank you. may you have a good time. God bless