A prophecy.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I lay on my bed and saw a vision of the Lord.

I saw three sticks set upon each other in the form of a teepee. I expected a fire to ignite as it appeared to be the configuration of wood for a fire.

Then, hanging from the top of the three sticks was a golden lamp: and it was being lowered into a bag.

The Lord said, "I am lowering my people into a place of being hidden from the world; but they will still be on the earth."

Then the bag was being hauled off to a place of torment. But before the torment could take place, the golden lamp was being poured into bottles like honey.

I saw another vision, that a container was pouring honey into a larger bin.

The Lord said, "The honey is the spirits of my people; and they are going to be poured into a place of great width, length, depth, and height."

Thus saith the Lord "The bottles represent their glorified bodies"

The visions are the same and yet they represent different aspects of what the Lord is saying to His church.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To whom are you responcible, answerable to for discipline.
In the OT we see chaos with God speaking through an unpopular prophet who suffered at the hands of false prophets and there supporters.

I find it interesting that Gods prophets are rarely popular, their message is hard to recieve, while false prophets always give a 'nice' comfortable message.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To whom are you responcible, answerable to for discipline.
In the OT we see chaos with God speaking through an unpopular prophet who suffered at the hands of false prophets and there supporters.

I find it interesting that Gods prophets are rarely popular, their message is hard to recieve, while false prophets always give a 'nice' comfortable message.
To whom was the prophet Jeremiah responsible for discipline?

The answer is, I am accountable to the Lord.

If a man must find accountability from man before he can prophesy, no one would prophesy...they would be considered as seeking the office of prophet and might be accused of selfish ambition in the process.

I am not certain that my message is a "comfortable" one.

But even if it is, there is a scripture that tells us that true prophecy is indeed for comfort:

1Co 14:3, But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I saw three sticks set upon each other in the form of a teepee. I expected a fire to ignite as it appeared to be the configuration of wood for a fire.

Then, hanging from the top of the three sticks was a golden lamp: and it was being lowered into a bag.

The Lord said, "I am lowering my people into a place of being hidden from the world; but they will still be on the earth."

Then the bag was being hauled off to a place of torment. But before the torment could take place, the golden lamp was being poured into bottles like honey.

The Lord said, "The honey is the spirits of my people; and they are going to be poured into a place of great width, length, depth, and height."

The visions are the same and yet they represent different aspects of what the Lord is saying to His church.
Hi Just by faith,

What is the meaning you find in this?

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Just by faith,

What is the meaning you find in this?

Much love!
It is meant to be cryptic and a message for the church.

If I explain the meaning, then the world will know the meaning of it.

It is intended as being like a parable.

If you do not understand the meaning intended by the Holy Spirit, then I would suggest asking Him about it.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Blessings in Christ Jesus! "but they still will be on the earth" Fear not, for what is appointed to happen, will happen, but it will not come near your tents.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To whom was the prophet Jeremiah responsible for discipline?

The answer is, I am accountable to the Lord.

If a man must find accountability from man before he can prophesy, no one would prophesy...they would be considered as seeking the office of prophet and might be accused of selfish ambition in the process.

I am not certain that my message is a "comfortable" one.

But even if it is, there is a scripture that tells us that true prophecy is indeed for comfort:

1Co 14:3, But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

There are many who claim to be a 'prophet' none of them accept the authority of a pastor and most spout rubbish, which is why I ask who is responcible for you.

As you accept no authority I am not prepared to accept any message you have is valid.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many who claim to be a 'prophet' none of them accept the authority of a pastor and most spout rubbish, which is why I ask who is responcible for you.

As you accept no authority I am not prepared to accept any message you have is valid.
I accept the authority of the Old Testament; which tells us that if the prophecy of any prophet does not come to pass, you shall not fear him.

I accept the authority of the church at large; if any prophet will judge that what I am saying is false or not of the Lord, then I am subject to him to a small degree. (see 1 Corinthians 14:29).

Of course, anyone might be able to speak up, including those who are not true themselves.

So I would just say that you are welcome to reject what the Lord has given to me to say to the church; but that its validity will be revealed in God's timing.

If it turns out to be a false prophetic word, then I will accept that I do not even have the spiritual gift of prophecy but only thought that I did because of my diagnosed mental illness.

However, there is a good possibility that, even with my mental illness, the things that I am prophesying shall come to pass:

Hos 9:7, The days of visitation are come, the days of recompence are come; Israel shall know it: the prophet is a fool, the spiritual man is mad, for the multitude of thine iniquity, and the great hatred.

Jesus has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise:

1Co 1:26, For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1Co 1:27, But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28, And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1Co 1:29, That no flesh should glory in his presence.

2Co 12:7, And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
2Co 12:8, For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
2Co 12:9, And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2Co 12:10, Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HI JBF,

Be encouraged for your word, and don't be dismayed by those who do not have the Spirit of the LORD. -- As your vision unfolded, so too I anticipate the aspects which you conveyed to be fulfilled in the church in the present, and future when we join those who have gone before us.

I suspect that many more will experience ever increasing dreams and visions as we approach the day the LORD Returns.

With Blessings,
Bobby Jo

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As it is written in the prophet Ezekiel, "Whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear."

Last edited: