A question:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Recently I’ve been told this board is a waste of time and where I need to be is on an MS board talking to others with MS. That has been a prayer of mine, a plea really to God ... “I don’t want to proclaim some disease. I want to proclaim you.”

It has been heavy on my heart that I don’t want to spend my time talking about a disease and death but spend what time God allows on life and freedom from disease.

Is our testimony supposed to be of Him or of us and our disabilities? Would I do more speaking on MS or of Christ?

D

Dave L

Recently I’ve been told this board is a waste of time and where I need to be is on an MS board talking to others with MS. That has been a prayer of mine, a plea really to God ... “I don’t want to proclaim some disease. I want to proclaim you.”

It has been heavy on my heart that I don’t want to spend my time talking about a disease and death but spend what time God allows on life and freedom from disease.

Is our testimony supposed to be of Him or of us and our disabilities? Would I do more speaking on MS or of Christ?
Thanks for sticking around.........and for sharing with us.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another question:
Are you (or me, or anyone) not a Christian if they still sin? This is basically what you are saying if you say that a homosexual who still feels attracted to other men cannot be just as "Christian" as one of us who has not beat OUR OWN sinfulness.

I’m not sure what you are asking?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Good to read your continuing contributions.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For starters, I didn't even know you had MS. I'm going to have to look into it so I understand the condition better... and pray for you : )

Absolutely you should focus on Christ and not some disease that's only temporary. MS will be completely gone from you one day, if not in this life then soon in the life to come, and what will remain is you and Him, and your relationship with Him and with fellow-believers in Christ.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christians are to be witnesses to Christ and to the grace of God in their lives.

Almost everyone has some kind of disability or disease, and that should not come to the forefront. God has guaranteed His children the eventual redemption and perfection of their bodies.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear VIJ;

Support groups no matter the basis tend to wallow in misery rather than speak faith.
A male friend and Christian had Lupus as my mother had from the age of 25.

All my friend did was spend all day reading on and meditating on his disease. He died young leaving a fine wife and thee children.

I want to live and for you to live as long as God has allotted. Not only to live but enjoy it. I listen to and meditate on the healing scriptures. God healed me of a serious heart condition 40 +years ago and I want to squeeze as much life into my remaining years as I can.

The things I say are not self pity but a mere witness. I paced the floor two nights ago praising God and quoting scriptures as I was afflicted with a demonic smothering sensation. I fought an urge to rush off in a costly trip to the ER. Acid reflux has scarred my esophagus and every time I eat I spend an hour clearing my airways by coughing. Very vexing. My Vietnam vet brother had to have his esophagus lined with Teflon the acid reflux was so bad. I'd rather die in belief and faith than glorify the afflictions. Disease never lifts up God. BUT According to your faith be it done unto you.

The next night, last night, a severe headache floored me it was still here this morning. It was a BP headache and it stayed 197/90 for hours. I have always believed that God wants me well no matter the demonic attacks so I hold on in faith. It is evening now and my no is lower but not perfect yet.

I pray that you be healed and live in health. I've seen God do much in these four plus decades. Our old time pastor Gene Mullenax, was given a brand new lung in an AA Allen tent meeting to replace the one that had been removed. FBI confiscated his X-rays looking for wire fraud and never came back, J. Edgar Hoover was convinced.

I'd rather hear faith than to go over and over my misery. Kenneth Hagin has this healing scripture video on you tube that is over an hour long. In the midst of my spiritual attack I put it on and went to sleep listening. If we feed our spirit man the word of God our physical body will respond. If we feed it death and negativity it will respond also as my friend Clyde Allen's did.

JFYI;

My mother was saved and filled with the Holy Spirit after I was and before she died it was found that there were no longer evidence of lupus erythematosus in her body. This after decades of hospital stays, surgeries and worst of all perhaps the high dosages of prednisone which has devastating side effects.

My prayers are for you in whatever afflictions you may have been assaulted with.

The AA support groups do nothing but remind each other that they are permanent alcoholics. Maybe there are support groups that are beneficial but largely they are misery loves company meetings.

Prayers up for you in the name of our savior and healer.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

My dad has had 2 heart attacks my brother who is 5 years younger than me has had bypass, it seems to be in the family , mots of my male rellys have died this way. I could spend all my days as Frank puts it,. troubled by these things and all the other issues we get as we get older, or do as Jesus said, have a life. So ill keep walking up those steps till I cant and iI will keep riding my bike till I can, than someone asks why I did it, I can only said I did it while I could.. and God is my strength,

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

ahhhhh, disease!!! I find it is one of the enemies tactics to make the most straight forward matters complicated by fluffing them up with copious words and quotes and texts. It may have an appearance of insight but it is devoid of power.
Jesus is familiar with this stuff yet he bore long with us bringing the proud to face their own foolishness.

Silence is/are words from God in language as mysterious as his salvation plan. It allows his people to hide in the heart of the rock and teaches them that instant gratification does not work his ways.

With God's strength I will set my heart to proclaim his righteousness plus nothing.