A Simple Overview of Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found this to be pretty good.
<iframe width="584" height="329" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When a guy labels LITERAL VISIONS as "symbolic visions" you know he is TOTALLY OFF BASE.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As I said earlier, our preconceived notions of what are "facts" will build our doctrine. LOL
Well this guys preconceptions are that Revelation is all symbolic. Which is UTTER NONSENSE. Those literal visions present literal spiritual realities. There is a literal throne of God in Heaven (for example, since he used that to illustrate "symbolic visions"). And if this guy can't believe this basic truth, he does not really believe the Bible.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...or maybe, it just doesn't line up with 'your' vision of end times.
If you believe his nonsense, then everything in Scripture should be taken as symbolic, which would thoroughly undermine the Gospel. Here is what would be taught: a symbolic Christ died on a symbolic cross to pay for symbolic sins. Heaven is symbolic and so is Hell. So why worry? Eat, drink, and be merry, because everything is an illusion. But Gautama Buddha already taught that, and now these false teachers are teaching the same nonsense.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you believe his nonsense, then everything in Scripture should be taken as symbolic, which would thoroughly undermine the Gospel. Here is what would be taught: a symbolic Christ died on a symbolic cross to pay for symbolic sins. Heaven is symbolic and so is Hell. So why worry? Eat, drink, and be merry, because everything is an illusion. But Gautama Buddha already taught that, and now these false teachers are teaching the same nonsense.

What I mean is. There is no "throne of God"....like the Queen has. It is symbolic.

God does not have a bottom which needs to be placed on a chair/throne.
God speaks to us in pictures, as Ant-talk or mouse talk. There is no way our minds can picture heaven , throne, or anything else.

That is why so often God writes "likened to"... in the bible.

Jon Mathews

May 7, 2019
indianapolis, in
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I mean is. There is no "throne of God"....like the Queen has. It is symbolic.

God does not have a bottom which needs to be placed on a chair/throne.
God speaks to us in pictures, as Ant-talk or mouse talk. There is no way our minds can picture heaven , throne, or anything else.

That is why so often God writes "likened to"... in the bible.

I disagree. Ezekiel, Daniel, and John the Revelator all saw the Throne of God and saw God SEATED on it. If they saw it, it's not merely symbolic.
Revelation 4:2-10
Isaiah 6:1-5
Daniel 7:9-10
Ezekiel 1:26
Revelation 5:1

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I disagree. Ezekiel, Daniel, and John the Revelator all saw the Throne of God and saw God SEATED on it. If they saw it, it's not merely symbolic.
Revelation 4:2-10
Isaiah 6:1-5
Daniel 7:9-10
Ezekiel 1:26
Revelation 5:1

Whatever you say.

...they were still human, with a human mind...they too saw it as God revealed it, in a way that 'they' could understand.

Last edited:

Jon Mathews

May 7, 2019
indianapolis, in
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever you say.

...they were still human, with a human mind...they two saw it as God revealed it in a way they could understand.

It's not really whatever I say at all. It's whatever the Scriptures say. And the Scriptures say the Prophets and Apostles saw the Throne and saw God seated on it. To say God is seated on His throne is not limiting God.... a spirit can be seated in Heaven and in our hearts on earth at the same time. And God's literal throne and Him literally seated on it does represent a lot, but it's not just a representation of some other fact.... it's a fact itself.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, the overview of Revelation is right at the beginning. Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified [it] by his angel unto his servant John".

that's the OVERVIEW, the Revelation of Jesus christ as God in flesh.

PICJAG.

ps I'm just now viewing your youtube.

Jon Mathews

May 7, 2019
indianapolis, in
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love all this "Literal" talk. As if Christ would ride around trying to clamp a sword in His mouth.

When His Tongue comes out of His mouth as a sword and kills all the followers of the Anti-Christ, you will understand the Sword of the Spirit.

Jon Mathews

May 7, 2019
indianapolis, in
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even with that, here you are finding yourself forced into admitting that what you envision isn't what is "literally" written.

A sword has two sides, just like the tongue. When possessed by the Holy Spirit, it flicks around with power, like a flame of fire or a expert swordsman. Jesus' Tongue will slay the Multitudes of the Beast. It's more powerful than a literal sword. It's the literal Sword of the Spirit.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A sword has two sides, just like the tongue. When possessed by the Holy Spirit, it flicks around with power, like a flame of fire or a expert swordsman. Jesus' Tongue will slay the Multitudes of the Beast. It's more powerful than a literal sword. It's the literal Sword of the Spirit.

And, right there you have spoken spiritually, not literally. It's not a literal sword.

Reactions: Willie T

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone please explain to me how claiming a book in the bible is symbolic (so you can't apply a literal meaning to it) when the symbols have a very profound literal meaning to it.
Example...Daniel interpreting Nebuchadnezzar's dream. It was all symbolic of a literal event that would take place at a future time.
I guess I could be misunderstanding what the poster is really saying so that is why I am asking for clarity. Thanks