A SOBERING LIST OF SSRI LINK TO MASS SHOOTINGS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Index to SSRI Stories
http://www.ssristories.com/index.php?p=school

Watch this 8 minute video:
Antidepressants Are a Prescription for Mass Shootings | Citizens Commission on Human Rights of Florida (CCHR Florida)
http://www.cchrflorida.org/blog/antidepressants-are-a-prescription-for-mass-shootings/

Who our irresponsible leaders are not holding accountable - Big Pharma
White House ramping up gun violence discussions - Yahoo! News
http://news.yahoo.com/white-house-ramping-gun-violence-discussions-110136366--politics.html

By JULIE PACE | Associated Press

"Psychiatrists generally will tell you that these people were mentally ill and they weren’t treated in time or didn’t get enough help to prevent the tragedy. However, Dr. Peter Breggin, who is a psychiatrist, stated that depression rarely leads to violence and that it’s only since the SSRI’s came on the market that such mass shootings have taken place."

"No one can talk their way out of explaining how a person who is previously non-violent and given antidepressants suddenly becomes violent or suicidal. There are multiple cases of children who have committed suicide days after starting to take an antidepressant. In a YouTube video, various parents tell their story about what the antidepressants did to their kids.

A parent retells how his child couldn’t stand how the drugs made him feel and so he committed suicide. Another parent is stuck with the image of his child running in front of a moving car because the child wanted to die. Imagine calling 911 because your child is trying to kill herself when you know your child was not like that before taking the antidepressant. Imagine what you would feel like upon finding out that your child is the shooter in a murderous rampage on the school campus."

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Axehead said:
Index to SSRI Stories
http://www.ssristories.com/index.php?p=school

Watch this 8 minute video:
Antidepressants Are a Prescription for Mass Shootings | Citizens Commission on Human Rights of Florida (CCHR Florida)
http://www.cchrflorida.org/blog/antidepressants-are-a-prescription-for-mass-shootings/

Who our irresponsible leaders are not holding accountable - Big Pharma
White House ramping up gun violence discussions - Yahoo! News
http://news.yahoo.com/white-house-ramping-gun-violence-discussions-110136366--politics.html

By JULIE PACE | Associated Press

"Psychiatrists generally will tell you that these people were mentally ill and they weren’t treated in time or didn’t get enough help to prevent the tragedy. However, Dr. Peter Breggin, who is a psychiatrist, stated that depression rarely leads to violence and that it’s only since the SSRI’s came on the market that such mass shootings have taken place."

"No one can talk their way out of explaining how a person who is previously non-violent and given antidepressants suddenly becomes violent or suicidal. There are multiple cases of children who have committed suicide days after starting to take an antidepressant. In a YouTube video, various parents tell their story about what the antidepressants did to their kids.

A parent retells how his child couldn’t stand how the drugs made him feel and so he committed suicide. Another parent is stuck with the image of his child running in front of a moving car because the child wanted to die. Imagine calling 911 because your child is trying to kill herself when you know your child was not like that before taking the antidepressant. Imagine what you would feel like upon finding out that your child is the shooter in a murderous rampage on the school campus."

Why are they depressed in the first place?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
In the 1990\s Clinton commissioned a study to find out the causes of tragedies like Columbine etc

The common denominator was the perps were all on some type of anti-depressant meds.

previous to that they had no mental health issues.

Rebellion , anger , suicide , etc are contraindications for a small percentage of people on those meds.

Clinton decided not to go public with the results.

No need to. Just read the fine print on the pharma info , it's all there.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
JB_Reformed Baptist said:
Why are they depressed in the first place?
There can be many reasons that anyone is "depressed". Physical, Emotional or Spiritual reasons.

For children it is odd that large numbers of them seem to be depressed. I have some ideas.

When they took away the public school teacher's authority to discipline it made it difficult for them to conduct a class and deal with "interruptions" from unruly kids.

When I was growing up, schools did not have psychologists, now many do and the answers for unruly kids is Ritalin. Ritalin is the introduction into stronger SSRI drugs. When I was growing up in the 60s and 70s there was no such thing as ADD, ADHD, etc. So, today we have a "diagnosis" and if we have a diagnosis, then we have a medicine for it. So, there you have it, teachers don't need authority anymore, because discipline isn't needed because young boys have been medicated by the thousands.

I read a study once by two Phd psychiatrists and in their study, they concluded that boys do not need to start school until about 9 years old. That it was unnatural to make a 5 or 6 year old to sit still for most of the day. That they have too much pent up energy to be sitting all day and should be running around chasing butterflies, catching bullfrogs, climbing trees and digging holes. I totally agreed with them. Having been a boy with pent up energy and having two boys myself I can attest to the truth in their study. I probably would have been diagnosed with ADHD, but in my time the cure was discipline by the teachers and I got plenty of it. I used to finish my work and just get up from my desk and start walking around. I did that a few times and finally the paddle won the day.

We homeschool and I am so glad I read that study when my boys were babies. We did not push them and demand them to "sit still". Girls are different. Contrary to public opinion, girls are different, quite different. They are more settled and compliant at an early age and that is why you don't see this problem with them. My oldest daughter started reading a 4. My second son, did not start really reading until he was 9. It was too difficult to teach him, his mind was not into it. My oldest boy did a lot better, meaning he read earlier. Today, my boys, still in their teens, are voracious readers with very good vocabularies. My 2nd oldest (boy) is graduating from high school and also finishing his first year of college (all A's). All my kids are very independent thinkers and don't cave in to peer pressure which we are grateful for.

There are many sad things about government schools and this is just one of them.

Some more ideas why kids have depression:

Diet high in sugar, chemicals in food, pesticides, chlorine in water, bromine in bread, Mountain Dew, Gatorade, Fluoride in toothpaste all contribute to low thyroid.

Thyroid Disease

Your thyroid is the master metabolism gland in your body. It keeps you energized, happy, warm, allows you to concentrate and focus, had a role in heart rate and blood pressure, sexual health, weight gain/weight loss, skin health, digestion, and many others. Thyroid problems double in women after menopause, 30% of women with PMS have some sort of thyroid problem, and in men thyroid dysfunction climbs after age 60. But it is starting much earlier in many people. I have read reports that 30 million people have undiagnosed thyroid problems.

Flourine, Chlorine and Bromine are part of the Haldoid group and Bromine is the bully. They lodge in the thyroid when taken into your body and block iodine.

Increasingly people seem to be having issues with their thyroid. In the past, before iodized salt (added iodine to table salt), there was the goiter belt in the Midwest, where there was a high incidence of disfiguring neck swelling (enlarged thyroid glands) caused by an iodine deficiency in the local soil. Now a new epidemic of thyroid issues and iodine deficiency is occurring.

Your thyroid needs tyrosine and iodine to make its hormones: T4 (passive, storage hormone) and T3 (active hormone). Iodine, chemically is a halogen, found in the 17th group of the periodic table as are: Fluorine, Chlorine, and Bromine. Bromine, Chlorine, and Fluorine compete and block iodine in the thyroid leading to low thyroid symptoms.

Bromide has recently been added more and more to our food supply; it can be found in commercial breads/bakery products, Gatorade, Mountain Dew, and some pharmaceuticals (Atrovent inhaler, etc). Until recently, 25% of iodine in the diet was from wheat, because of the processing of flour – it acts a a dough softener; it was replace in the 1970’s with bromide (potassium bromide), which blocks the activity of iodine.

Bromine is also found in our environment as a pesticide and a fire retardant (polybrominated diphenyl ether, PBDE). This fire retardant is found in many household items including: computers, televisions, radios, electronics, clothing, draperies, carpeting, and furniture foams (e.g. mattresses). The small bodies of children concentrate PBDE much more than an adult body. Babies can be exposed to PBDEs in the womb. PBDE’s are linked to changes in learning, memory, behavior, including hyperactivity.

Fluorine and chlorine also compete with iodine and are found in our drinking water supply. This is a good reason to filter water. Chlorine is important in sanitizing water from disease causing parasites and bacteria (giardia, cholera, etc.) but that doesn’t mean we should be drinking it and bathing in it. Fluoride is found naturally and as an additive in drinking water. As well as interfering with thyroid function, high levels of fluoride damage tooth enamel (increasing dental caries) and lead to weakened bones and fractures in adults (article).

Lyme Disease - this is an insidious disease that attack all the systems of the body. Circulatory, respiratory, endocrine, etc. And there can be co-infections such a "Cat Scratch Fever". Yep, from cats. Read about how this can affect people. You will be shocked. And not all Lyme Disease comes from ticks.

Read this article and be prepared to be shocked. Psychological Effects of Lyme Disease

This is just a few things from one person that contribute to people's depression.

I have not even talked about social problems such as divorce or physical or emotional abuse.

And of course the spiritual realm or lack of it contributes to hopelessness and depression. Why am I here, no one loves me, everyone picks on me, my boyfriend just left me, I thought he loved me, etc, etc, etc.

Axehead

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
Obliviously there was more wrong with these individuals than depression.

An antidepressant saved my life, mental illness is a very serious illness, the brain is an organ that can be sick just like any other organs of the body, medicine helped me, medicine is not perfect,....just be careful that you do not place fear in people who are seeking help for such illness, just like heart meds, we need to do our research, but to come up with such a conclusion that ssri make people kill is bad science.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Ruth said:

An antidepressant saved my life, mental illness is a very serious illness, the brain is an organ that can be sick just like any other organs of the body, medicine helped me, medicine is not perfect,....just be careful that you do not place fear in people who are seeking help for such illness, just like heart meds, we need to do our research, but to come up with such a conclusion that ssri make people kill is bad science.
Best wishes ..... anti-depressants benefit many people ..... that is one of the reasons Clinton did not go public with the report ...... a smaller percentage it affects adversely .... suicide .... murder .... abnormal anger ...

And most importantly ..... those kids did not have genuine clinical depression before they were prescribed the meds .... it was a "convenience pill" for mothers and teachers to deal with overactive boys.

I would like to assure you I studied this exhaustively many years ago ..... I am not making it up ...... read the fine print on the prescription .... it is all there ..... and like I said .... only a small percentage are affected in a harmful manner.

The biggest problem (in my opinion) is that they are still blaming guns for the killings ..... instead of blaming the drugs.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Yes, that is very important, Ruth. There is an "other side" of the coin and there are testimonies of many that have been helped.

I learn quite a bit from reading about others experiences and stories such as on this forum where I am only a reader who is trying to understand the many different facets of SSRI drugs and the various groups of people that use them.
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130734

Coincidentally, I was listening the radio this morning and Laura Ingraham had a Doctor on her show who deals with ADD and ADHD problems continuously. He seemed very good, knowing both sides of the coin. He has written several books on the subject, "A Walk in the Rain with a Brain" and others.