A strong soul, is more important, than a more powerful evolution (selah)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So this is a simple thought, but when you consider its implications, it has lifelong significance:
A strong soul, is more important, than a more powerful evolution (selah)
This is David and Goliath stuff, right? I mean who would think that a soul, could overcome a powerful evolution? But that's the fact, as the Holy Spirit, revealed to us. The soul is strengthened by things like patience and temperance and understanding - evolution only has contention (out of which it makes all kinds of confusion, when done in sin). If we strengthen our soul, our lives will always prosper: that is the will of God.

If we sin, we can confess - even if we think we came from monkeys, that is something we can confess. Of course we should also remember, that God has given them over to a strong delusion: it is folly to think we can undo what God has decreed is for fools. Neither is it our place to condemn, but we are to live out our lives for God, as He empowers us to strengthen our soul that we meet every evolution with the answer that God has given us. There are many ways to show our soul strong, the words of Jesus are the paramount - if we remember His Words, we have surely remembered to strengthen our souls!

Meekness also, is strength for the soul, we have this in Jesus also - we are able to practice that out for the rest of our lives, to seventy years (a good life) and beyond. There are so many ways to strengthen our soul, evolution will never be able to keep up with them all! This is courage, that it is not one single expression of the truth, that saves us, but a constant coming to life feeding and drinking on the word of God - that is what saves us! If we share this power, it is by the Holy Spirit - praise to God!

There are so many ways to strengthen the soul, evolution will never be able to keep up with them all (selah)
Not now, not ever!

Peace be upon you, and in you, and for you, in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wonder if in the context of sustaining the importance of the soul, it might help to examine how it is that the young are prepared for death. In simple survival terms, young that are prepared for death, are more likely to survive - because they do not live with the pretense, that their life is forever. Even if they never adapt, at some point they will die. Navigating the difference between life and death, will make them strong. But how do we tabulate this?

One way to tabulate the difference between life and death, is to look at how we cope with the problem, throughout life - that is, from stage of life to stage. The baby when he is born, is completely vulnerable to anything that might threaten his life, the child less so, the young adult almost not at all and so on and so forth. If a child is prepared to face death in all these contexts, what that child develops in terms of Evolution, is a survival instinct that transcends struggle for life - life in this life. Can we strengthen our souls, greater than this?

There is power in knowing that at some point, death ceases to intimidate - the child having faced death through so many stages cannot be budged to take a lesser calling in life: his aim is for the highest calling, regardless of death. The Evolutionist that wants to survive the same in every phase of his life, has belittled God - God to the Evolutionist is a distraction, it's not possible for him to build on past survival, because all survival is given by chance: he becomes tentative and uncertain, in greater and greater degrees. What remedy is there for this?

The end of the matter is this, does God relate to us, in believable chunks of experience, experience that builds on prior relation to God, or is God late to the party, ready to take glory in His Creation for reasons He doesn't understand? The point is, that in one case we make progress that takes diligent effort at responding and in the other case, we are told chance at any moment could derail the whole enterprise. We can learn from this, it is right to lean on God for His promise to mean something, even if the fool says "I will doubt forever". We have to stop looking at our lives, as though they could crumble at any minute, because we have taken on the proverbial leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees in the context of the world, its "Evolution". We have to want to be something excellent and to guide our children in the way that they should go for that. God can use every stage of our lives, if we will just let Him?

I don't know if we will reach the same point, on this, but I hope the light has begun to creep through the crack in the Door. We can do this? Together?

God bless.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think it bears noting, as well, that a strong soul is more important than a more powerful Evolution for life.

There is no point at which an adaptation can take precedence, over a matter of the soul.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it bears noting, as well, that a strong soul is more important than a more powerful Evolution for life.

There is no point at which an adaptation can take precedence, over a matter of the soul.
I will have to say, how could it completely be known if evolution is part of creation.

99% of all life that has ever been on earth is extinct up to this point, most all of it turned to dirt.

I can only go by what I can see and touch that is real, and that is the dirt and everything that is involved in producing dirt. Because that's where man came from last life form to be created fused with a breath.

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I can't remember if it's in the bible, but I read this saying somewhere and it impressed me-
"Of all God's creatures, only man prays, or has need to"

Reactions: BeyondET