A Testimonial

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

carriedsolider+

Nov 9, 2016
USA!
Just a week ago, I went to this really amazing church. For years I had been hoping to go there only able to watch Sermons from this church on TV. Going there, I was nervous and kept on thinking my expectations might be too high. I got to the service a little early and relaxed, taking in some of the worship music playing through the speakers. When the service started, I felt energized and sang at the top of my lungs (good thing the speakers drowned out my off-key pitch). The sermon had some good humor, but when the message about Baptism was preached I was convicted (I hadn't been baptized as an adult). It was when the preacher said "we shouldn't ask questions, instead, we should just do Bible things the Bible way," that I knew I had to get baptized. I was concerned I'd have to sign up and schedule a Baptism, but by then I would be out of town. Fortunately however, after the service, the church was baptizing and I decided to join in. I was brought under and although I was dripping wet, drenched with the weight of the water, I felt lighter. At that moment I thought to myself it was a great night, but if I could only meet the Pastor who had brought me closer to Christ and thank him, it would be perfect. I changed into dry clothes and dropped some things out of my bag. I was frustrated, but picked them up. As I left the room I made my way to get some coffee. To my surprise out from the door in front of me was the pastor I had hoped to meet. He smiled, stuck out his hand and asked my name. I told him my name and told him thanks for everything 3 or 4 times and then we laughed and at that point I think he might of been as surprised as I was. If things had gone the least bit differently, if I hadn't dropped my belongings, things wouldn't have played out the way they did. As I so desperately needed it, that night reminded me that God has a plan for all of us. Since then God, through his Holy Spirit, has used me in different ways to help others and has provided for my needs as promised. Praise God!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Wow cool man thanks. a few views and no amens, ahh well glad you on the way up. Speaking in other tougnes yet? If not ask God to let it come out of ya. Look up YT good vids on there to help. We all need it. Thats how you stir up the Spirit/Holy Ghost. Bless you . We prayer for ya. Lord thank you for my bro you are growing him into the image of Christ. In Jesus name.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nice, congratulations on your baptism, it's good fun isn't it. ;)