A thread specifically for Christians who like horror. If you don’t, this thread is not meant for you

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So hopefully those who read them post, realize this post is meant for Christian’s who enjoy horror to fellowship, but still decide to ignore that and post how evil or how much horror is will be minimal or nonexistent.
But I don’t have much hope in that based off other threads. Instead of creating their own thread to debate on they enter one not meant for debating for the sole purpose of being annoying. Even if it’s subconsciously their decision.

with that said I really like horror. It’s my favorite genre. I read, watch and listen to horror on a daily basis. From early 1920s silent films the the sci fi horror of the 50s all the way to modern stuff. My favorite style of horror tends to be body horror. The Bible is full of a lot of horror as well. From the horror of the flood, the demon possessed to the imagery used to illustrate hell and all throughout the book of revelation.
Anyone else in here a fan of horror?

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, let me say I don’t judge you. I’ll tell you about me: I enjoyed horror movies, but now I struggle to not watch them. If the eye is evil, the whole body is evil (careful what you watch). How can the body be filled with light and enjoy the dark? Are horror movies holy and acceptable to God? Most are full of violence, cursing and nudity. BTW, I’m speaking for myself. Whatever we want to watch, we are bringing into our “called out”lives and in doing so, we shouldn’t want to bring into our lives and homes the appearance of evil. Yes, evil is in the world. But just because it exists, doesn’t mean we need to bring every form of it in for entertainment. I loved watching horror movies. From Jason, Freddy, Piranha, Hellraiser etc. But I am changed. I’m supposed to walk in Christ Likeness. Though I don’t watch horror anymore, it’s always in the back of my mind when something new is on TV. The flesh constantly wars against the spirit. But do I give into the flesh or let the spirit guide me? For me, though I enjoyed watching scary movies, I know what comes with them is a bad testimony. But every person needs to make their own choice on such things. That’s how I view it anyway.
-With Love

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I avoided the most violent horror movies for years. At a certain point, the political climate in the united states became darker and more frightening than horror films. Around that time is when I began watching portions of the horror genre which I previously avoided.

In the search for truth, knowledge and God I'm trying to look everywhere leaving no stone unturned.

Its what I've always done since I was a child.