a threat to the Life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dogs in their pack show no threat to a dog with more power by laying down before them and the like. As though a dead animal is. Hence no threat to the life of the more powerful dog. An A dog if you will. Therefore, even animals know that the dead is of no threat to their own life.

So Jesus says: Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

So how is it that the condemned already could be a threat to the Life that is not condemned?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dogs in their pack show no threat to a dog with more power by laying down before them and the like. As though a dead animal is. Hence no threat to the life of the more powerful dog. An A dog if you will. Therefore, even animals know that the dead is of no threat to their own life.

So Jesus says: Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

So how is it that the condemned already could be a threat to the Life that is not condemned?

They are no threat. They are under the threat of Hell. HEll where the crimson worm(Christ) dieth not. Where the fire is never quenched. No worm on a tree that becomes food for its children. Where there is no sacrifice, no offer, no promise, no hope of life. Where their worm becomes their tormentor.

Isaiah 51:7-8 KJV
[7] Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings. [8] For the moth shall eat them up like a garment, and the worm shall eat them like wool: but my righteousness shall be for ever, and my salvation from generation to generation.

Mark 9:46 KJV
[46] Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Psalm 22:6-18 KJV
[6] But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people. [7] All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying , [8] He trusted on the Lord that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him. [9] But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts. [10] I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly. [11] Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help. [12] Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round. [13] They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion. [14] I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels. [15] My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death. [16] For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. [17] I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. [18] They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

Evil dogs compasses the King. HE Willingly submitted to their brutality. They were no threat to Him. In humility, HE was the real threat. Overcoming the gates of hell with love.

Isaiah 1:18 KJV
[18] Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord : though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Those that believe in him are born of Spirit. There is no more condemnation. Those that are not of Him and reject Him are of the flesh and condemned by the Law.

John 3:18 KJV
[18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Last edited:

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are no threat..
so what you are saying here is they can burn your children and rap you and they are no threat? drug you until you become a sex slave, none of that is a threat correct?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. They are no threat. What they do to my flesh wouldn't change how the LORD sees me, which is as a child of God. Would I need the power and strength of the Holy SPirit to make it through something so horrendous, absolutely. By make it through, I don't mean to live. I mean to represent Him as a child.

God is the threat to those that prefer to stay in darkness.

Matthew 10:28 KJV
[28] And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Luke 12:4 KJV
[4] And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
so what you are saying here is they can burn your children and rap you and they are no threat? drug you until you become a sex slave, none of that is a threat correct?
No. They are no threat. What they do to my flesh wouldn't change how the LORD sees me, which is as a child of God. Would I need the power and strength of the Holy SPirit to make it through something so horrendous, absolutely. By make it through, I don't mean to live. I mean to represent Him as a child.

God is the threat to those that prefer to stay in darkness.

Matthew 10:28 KJV
[28] And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Luke 12:4 KJV
[4] And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
and let's be honest, most children are abused by ppl in trusted positions, parents et al, anyway. This characterization of needing to fear some stranger is mostly fear-mongering yack.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Here is your question: "So how is it that the condemned already could be a threat to the Life that is not condemned?"

Since you capitalized "life" the assumption should be that you mean a threat to eternal life. So, none of that is a threat to eternal life.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and let's be honest, most children are abused by ppl in trusted positions, parents et al, anyway. This characterization of needing to fear some stranger is mostly fear-mongering yack.

I am sorry I thought the question was also about the scripture posted. There is plenty to fear in this perverted world. I wouldn't say children should be taught to trust strangers. But you are talking to a girl raised by an antagonist step-father who taught her to fear everything. I do mean everything. For the longest time I couldn't hear dogs bark a couple blocks away without looking for something to climb up on because I automatically thought they were going to eat me. It took years for God to convince me that I could take a nature walk in the woods by our house by myself and be okay.

Fear is torment.

Suspicion of truly dangerous situations is one thing. But torment that keeps a person from living life...that is something entirely different. God has taught me to trust that whatever happens, He is there. And He will see me through it.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry I thought the question was also about the scripture posted. There is plenty to fear in this perverted world. I wouldn't say children should be taught to trust strangers. But you are talking to a girl raised by an antagonist step-father who taught her to fear everything. I do mean everything. For the longest time I couldn't hear dogs bark a couple blocks away without looking for something to climb up on because I automatically thought they were going to eat me. It took years for God to convince me that I could take a nature walk in the woods by our house by myself and be okay.

Fear is torment.

Suspicion of truly dangerous situations is one thing. But torment that keeps a person from living life...that is something entirely different. God has taught me to trust that whatever happens, He is there. And He will see me through it.

of course I meant scripture, but that "Life" in Christ has hazards, surly if you would continue to have that type of fear you would be rendered ineffective as a Christian and it would surly interfere with one's relationship with the Lord, correct? as far as the survival of the soul, no, no one can take you away from the Lord, but the growth is on us isn't it? and there is threat to that just about every day, even in churches.

thing is most of the time those who don't have the Life are participants in the threat to that. kind of like one has to live in the world but one doesn't have to let the things of world live in them.

and don't be sorry for honest answers.

Reactions: Truth

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
surly if you would continue to have that type of fear you would be rendered ineffective

I understand and yes: Considering my step-father used scripture he memorized and took out of context to justify his actions. I suppose he was a threat. I ran from God because of the image of God my step-father put inside my head. But I didn't find God, He found me four years ago. In that four years God has completely overturned and overruled all the enemies attempts. So was there ever any real threat? I thank God that I was broken. I thank God that I was weak. If I had been anything else, I would have never saw I needed Gods mercy.

I will add and others may not agree. But I don't believe being Christian means prosperity and goodness here. Life abundantly means Life with Christ. Here there is always a threat for the gospels sake. We rush into the dark in hope others see Him: the dark is a threatening place. But as the scripture you posted: the works of the dark can NOT steal our life in Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand and yes: Considering my step-father used scripture he memorized and took out of context to justify his actions. I suppose he was a threat. I ran from God because of the image of God my step-father put inside my head. But I didn't find God, He found me four years ago. In that four years God has completely overturned and overruled all the enemies attempts. So was there ever any real threat? I thank God that I was broken. I thank God that I was weak. If I had been anything else, I would have never saw I needed Gods mercy.

I will add and others may not agree. But I don't believe being Christian means prosperity and goodness here. Life abundantly means Life with Christ. Here there is always a threat for the gospels sake. We rush into the dark in hope others see Him: the dark is a threatening place. But as the scripture you posted: the works of the dark can NOT steal our life in Christ.

that is correct, well said.