A time line

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
A Time Line:

1. Gen. 1, The Garden/Adam

2. Flood, 2350BC

3. Babel, 2175BC

4. Abraham, 2000BC

5. Moses, 1500BC

6. The Law added, 1100BC

7. King David, 1000BC

8. Babylon & Nebuchadnezzar, 606BC

9. Jesus and His crucifixion

10 Jesus’ ascension, Psalms 110:1

11. Peter and the other 11 trying to convince the Jews that Jesus is their Messiah so Jesus could return and set up the kingdom. About 40 years

XX. Paul begins to preach the Mystery and starts the grace church

12. The temple destroyed, 70 AD

XX. The grace church age, 2000AD?????

XX. The Rapture of the grace church.

13. The Tribulations, 7 years.

14. The second coming of Jesus to set up the 1,000 year kingdom and the goat sheep judgment.

15. The White Throne Judgment.

16. Eternity

The time between the XX and XX was not mentioned by the O.T. prophets because it was hidden in God and not revealed until Jesus revealed it to Paul.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
Hi RichardBurger,

I can't imagine the difficulty of capturing 6,000 years of history in such a short synopsis, without someone suggesting both corrections and additions. And here I am. LOL

First of all, the Corrections:

A. Regarding your #12, second xx
Rev. 20:5 only accounts for the martyred to be raised and return, and the rest of the dead staying in the grave until the thousand years are ended. And we know that the rapture sequence is the dead first, then the living. Thus the Rapture belongs immediately prior to #15.

B. Regarding your #13
Rev. 13:5 says the tribulation lasts 42 months. The "seven year" tribulation doctrine is based upon a false rendering the Daniel 9, which has absolutely nothing to do with that duration.

And secondly, the Additions:

A. I would add the 1924 calling of the Jews to become a nation. (As a year-specific Scriptural and Historical basis).

B. I would also add the 1948 international recognition of that nation. (Also as a year-specific Scriptural and Historical basis.)

C. I would personally also provide the year the Tribulation starts, and the year Jesus returns. (This could help the church realize exactly how short the time really is!)

BibleScribe

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Hi RichardBurger,

I can't imagine the difficulty of capturing 6,000 years of history in such a short synopsis, without someone suggesting both corrections and additions. And here I am. LOL

First of all, the Corrections:

A. Regarding your #12, second xx
Rev. 20:5 only accounts for the martyred to be raised and return, and the rest of the dead staying in the grave until the thousand years are ended. And we know that the rapture sequence is the dead first, then the living. Thus the Rapture belongs immediately prior to #15.

B. Regarding your #13
Rev. 13:5 says the tribulation lasts 42 months. The "seven year" tribulation doctrine is based upon a false rendering the Daniel 9, which has absolutely nothing to do with that duration.

And secondly, the Additions:

A. I would add the 1924 calling of the Jews to become a nation. (As a year-specific Scriptural and Historical basis).

B. I would also add the 1948 international recognition of that nation. (Also as a year-specific Scriptural and Historical basis.)

C. I would personally also provide the year the Tribulation starts, and the year Jesus returns. (This could help the church realize exactly how short the time really is!)

BibleScribe

If you can say what year the tribulations begin then you must have gotten it from God because it is not revealed in the scriptures.

Thanks for your reply and you are welcome to your opinon but I will stick to the timeline as I presented it.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
If you can say what year the tribulations begin then you must have gotten it from God because it is not revealed in the scriptures.

Thanks for your reply and you are welcome to your opinon but I will stick to the timeline as I presented it.

Hi RichardBurger,

I would assert that GOD gives us information through the Scriptures. As such I have read the Scriptures and received that information.

Did you not read the Scriptures?

BibleScribe

To All,

Please be aware that just because GOD says "no man knows the day nor the hour", that we can't know the week, the month, the season, the year, the decade, the score, the century, the daytona (the 500), or the millennium. The fact is, the year is identified in Scripture.

Did you think that the Master would tell neither the servant nor the son?

BibleScribe

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

Please be aware that just because GOD says "no man knows the day nor the hour", that we can't know the week, the month, the season, the year, the decade, the score, the century, the daytona (the 500), or the millennium. The fact is, the year is identified in Scripture. ...

But we can study and learn. You are misreading Matthew 24:36. The word "knoweth" is intuitive knowledge. We do not know intuitively but we can learn if we study.

Reactions: tomwebster

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Hi RichardBurger,

I would assert that GOD gives us information through the Scriptures. As such I have read the Scriptures and received that information.

Did you not read the Scriptures?

BibleScribe

To All,

Please be aware that just because GOD says "no man knows the day nor the hour", that we can't know the week, the month, the season, the year, the decade, the score, the century, the daytona (the 500), or the millennium. The fact is, the year is identified in Scripture.

Did you think that the Master would tell neither the servant nor the son?

BibleScribe

Since you indicate that you know the week, the month, the season, the year, the decade, from your studies then perhaps you will share that information with us.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
But we can study and learn. You are misreading Matthew 24:36. The word "knoweth" is intuitive knowledge. We do not know intuitively but we can learn if we study.

This would be extremely poor advice. Certainly arguments can be made for any perspective, including the innocence of O.J. Simpson. But TRUTH demands objectivity, -- in which you error.

BibleScribe

Since you indicate that you know the week, the month, the season, the year, the decade, from your studies then perhaps you will share that information with us.

You misread the Post. I simply observed that I DO NOT know the day nor the hour, but that doesn't mean I don't know ANYTHING. (This is to say that SCRIPTURE provides that knowledge.) But for you to assert that I may know the "week" would be presumptuous at best, for I will only assert the year, and presume the season/month.

So first of all, are you familiar with the concept proposed by J.R. Church in his book "Hidden Prophecies in the Psalms"?

And secondly, where "tomwebster" apparently believes he can know the "day" and/or the "hour", please seek his council. For I am quite confident he can present that information to this audience. :rolleyes:

BibleScribe

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
This would be extremely poor advice. Certainly arguments can be made for any perspective, including the innocence of O.J. Simpson. But TRUTH demands objectivity, -- in which you error.

BibleScribe

You misread the Post. I simply observed that I DO NOT know the day nor the hour, but that doesn't mean I don't know ANYTHING. (This is to say that SCRIPTURE provides that knowledge.) But for you to assert that I may know the "week" would be presumptuous at best, for I will only assert the year, and presume the season/month.

So first of all, are you familiar with the concept proposed by J.R. Church in his book "Hidden Prophecies in the Psalms"?

And secondly, where "tomwebster" apparently believes he can know the "day" and/or the "hour", please seek his council. For I am quite confident he can present that information to this audience. :rolleyes:

BibleScribe

You said: "I will only assert the year, and presume the season/month." Okay do it, supply us with your insight.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you check out my video on the seven church ages you will find that I admit that this timeline is not exact. If we could figure out exact dates then the scripture is none effect...

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. - Matthew 24:36 Mark 13:32

As a history and a bible guy I couldn't resist making the following video... With admissions that these dates are not exact...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7rTb4BJQsg

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

And secondly, where "tomwebster" apparently believes he can know the "day" and/or the "hour", please seek his council. For I am quite confident he can present that information to this audience.
BibleScribe

Mar 13:23

But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
We can actually... know within a 3.5 day period when Christ's coming will occur...

Rev 11:7-15
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever.
(KJV)

Problem is, no one knows when that event will begin, not until we see the bodies of those two witnesses laying dead in the street of Jerusalem.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
To All,

Well, it seems some have a semblance of response, however presumptuous it may be. But no one can provide even the decade much less the year in spite of some assertions as to the DAY and the HOUR.

So I guess no one really has an answer, that is, unless Scripture can provide that YEAR, where upon I can surmise the season/month. And as suggested, it's an easy resolution.

Of course, it is interesting that there are so many ~experts~ without any expertise. :blink: But please do not be dismayed, I quite confident that someone can arrive at the simple determination which GOD so graciously provides to HIS children.

BibleScribe

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Im not taking sides. Just saying though, he could foretell all things without telling us when they all happen. :)

God said He tells us beforehand when He does things (Isaiah 42:9). A lot of that is written in the OT prophets which many supposed to be learned in Christ's Church don't study it, some even being told the lie it's all past history. Tom is correct, just as our Lord Jesus is when He said He already told us all things. You just have not come to realize it, but will if you keep studying all of God's Word, and not just popular parts of it.

sniper762

Sep 5, 2007
in reply to op' #16

10:1-11 And another angel came down from heaven clothed with a cloud with a rainbow upon his head, his face was as the sun and hIs feet as pillars of fire. He had a little book open in his hand and stood with one foot in the sea and one on the earth and swore by God that there be TIME NO LONGER.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Im not taking sides. Just saying though, he could foretell all things without telling us when they all happen. :)

But that is not what the text I quoted said. It said, "But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

===
Sniper are you posting on the correct forum, your post was #16.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
God said He tells us beforehand when He does things (Isaiah 42:9). A lot of that is written in the OT prophets which many supposed to be learned in Christ's Church don't study it, some even being told the lie it's all past history. Tom is correct, just as our Lord Jesus is when He said He already told us all things. You just have not come to realize it, but will if you keep studying all of God's Word, and not just popular parts of it.

To All,

Please do not be deceived. Jesus DOES NOT know all things.

Mark 13:32

[sup]32[/sup] “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

And yet here in this "christian" forum we have people who would convince you that THEY can determine the day and the hour. -- I have few words to express my dismay at such heresy.

So the question remains, -- if we can't know the day or the hour --, can we know the week, the month, the season, etc.? And where some would again deceive you with false and empty words assuring you of mathematical prowess , I would assert there is no truth in them. But equally, I would propose that Scripture DOES provide a clear and convincing prophecy which DOES provide the YEAR of Jesus' return. And there's no math, no lies, and no liars, -- just simple Scripture.

But beware, of Paul's admonition:

1 Phil
[sup]15[/sup] It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. [sup]16[/sup] The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. [sup]17[/sup] The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. [sup]18[/sup] But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

BibleScribe

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
To All,

Please do not be deceived. Jesus DOES NOT know all things.

Mark 13:32

[sup]32[/sup] “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

And yet here in this "christian" forum we have people who would convince you that THEY can determine the day and the hour. -- I have few words to express my dismay at such heresy.

Mar 13:23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

The word "knoweth" is intuitive knowledge. We do not know intuitively but we can learn if we study.

Mar 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
Mar 13:33Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Mar 13:23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

Sorry if you are not able to read Scripture with understanding, bs! You might want to study more or get a teacher. I could show you but you would need to be willing to work and I don't think you are. You think you know everything now. Be careful!

Reactions: tomwebster

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
Hi tomwebster,

Does your blathering ever have any substance? In Posts #5 &11 you intimated you could determine the "day" and/or the "hour", but I've yet to see that presentation.

Oh, sorry, -- it appears you only preach Christ out of envy and rivalry.

BibleScribe