A vision of His Face? Should we seek it? How?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First Judah speaks about his own brother, Joseph [a type of Jesus?]:

"And Judah spake unto him, saying, The man did solemnly protest unto us, saying, Ye shall not see my face, except your brother be with you.
If thou wilt send our brother with us, we will go down and buy thee food:
But if thou wilt not send him, we will not go down: for the man said unto us, Ye shall not see my face, except your brother be with you." Gen 43:3-5

What is this to us? Must we bring our brother with us to see His face?

And Moses speaks to the Lord:

"And he said, I beseech thee, show me thy glory.
And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.
And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen." Exo 33:18-23

What is this Rock? How does this relate to seeing even His back parts? His face, what of that today?

And here is Solomon:

"Where there is no vision, the people perish:..." Prov 29:18

And then David:

"When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek." Psalm 27:8

And the Apostle Paul:

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

And Jesus:

"And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him.
And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.
And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.
After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly." Mark 8:22-25

And does John make the Way clear to us?

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

When did we, [if we did], become sons of God? Or if not yet, when will be become sons of God so as to be like him and to see clearly [as He is]?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well i do know this , LET the peoples praise the Glorious Lord . Be ever thankful unto HIM . Let the LORD be praised my friends .

Reactions: amadeus

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When did we, [if we did], become sons of God? Or if not yet, when will be become sons of God so as to be like him and to see clearly [as He is]?

I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us.

For creation awaits with eager expectation the revelation of the children of God

Even so,
Come, Lord Jesus!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats exactly what john said near the end of revelation When JESUS had said behold i come quickly .
JOHN said , EVEN SO COME LORD JESUS . FOR it IS HE the lambs wait for . PRAISE BE TO THE GLORIOUS LORD my friends .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father." John 6:46

"Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God." Matt 5:8

"Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.

And their eyes were opened;..." Matt 9:29-30

Everyone was dead and therefore also blind to the things of God until and if they received a vision of Him. Early on the vision is blurry or is seen as through darkened glass, but as we decrease [which any believer should be doing] and as He increases within us, will not our vision move ever closer to the "then, face to face" about which Paul writes? For Moses to see His face was death, but Jesus brought possibilities not available to Moses.

"He must increase, but I must decrease" John 3:30

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father." John 6:46
John 1:14-16 KJV
[14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. [15] John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. [16] And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

Everyone was dead and therefore also blind to the things of God until and if they received a vision of Him. Early on the vision is blurry or is seen as through darkened glass, but as we decrease [which any believer should be doing] and as He increases within us, will not our vision move ever closer to the "then, face to face" about which Paul writes? For Moses to see His face was death, but Jesus brought possibilities not available to Moses.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have heard it said, "No man can 'see' God and remain a man."

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First Judah speaks about his own brother, Joseph [a type of Jesus?]:

"And Judah spake unto him, saying, The man did solemnly protest unto us, saying, Ye shall not see my face, except your brother be with you.
If thou wilt send our brother with us, we will go down and buy thee food:
But if thou wilt not send him, we will not go down: for the man said unto us, Ye shall not see my face, except your brother be with you." Gen 43:3-5

And Moses speaks to the Lord:

"And he said, I beseech thee, show me thy glory.
And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.
And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen." Exo 33:18-23

What is this Rock? How does this relate to seeing even His back parts? His face, what of that today?

And here is Solomon:

"Where there is no vision, the people perish:..." Prov 29:18

And then David:

"When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek." Psalm 27:8

And the Apostle Paul:

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

And Jesus:

"And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him.
And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.
And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.
After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly." Mark 8:22-25

And does John make the Way clear to us?

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

"When did we,(if we did), become sons of God?" The moment The Lord entered in (if He entered in) "Behold I stand at the door and knock"
"Or if not yet, when will we become sons of God so as to be like Him and to see clearly(as He is)?" For most, the cost is to high and most are not willing to lay down their life." Few that be that find it"

"What is this rock?" Picture for a moment a place in, say afghanastan, and a jagged cleft of a rock(clift) where a man could stand and yet not to much room for anything else. The Lord's brightness(His Face) would of consumed Moses(in this form, the flesh) had he been allowed to see it.

In the garden because of disobedience, mans eyes where opened to the knowledge of good and evil but at a cost of becoming blind by the fallen nature. Jesus healing of the blind man represents the moment a person is born again,(from above)(He enters in) I was blind but now I see.

I have written these things to be considered and not for the sake of argument. There is One who stands closer than a brother. Perhaps if we bring Him, we shall see His Face.

Reactions: Azim and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have heard it said, "No man can 'see' God and remain a man."
You bring then the question, What is a man? To carnal man he is often a highly self-exalted creature. To God he is an uncouth beast not worthy to be among the unclean beasts saved in the ark built by Noah. But... God sees the possibilities and the final results in those few who would and will humble themselves completely before Him. He will then lift them up to call them what? Paul uses the term, "new man", but that simply indicates a new start, bringing back perhaps to what men had in the Garden of Eden before they disobeyed and from there upward???

So then to become more than a man, means what?

"I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High." Psalm, 82:6

But I did not say or write those words... Another man did, but God inspired him to do so. What is it? Manna?

"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name." Rev 3:12

Reactions: Giuliano

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"When did we,(if we did), become sons of God?" The moment The Lord entered in (if He entered in) "Behold I stand at the door and knock"

"And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not." Matt 25:6-12

"Or if not yet, when will we become sons of God so as to be like Him and to see clearly(as He is)?" For most, the cost is to high and most are not willing to lay down their life." Few that be that find it"

"Jesus wept." John 11:35

"What is this rock?" Picture for a moment a place in, say afghanastan, and a jagged cleft of a rock(clift) where a man could stand and yet not to much room for anything else. The Lord's brightness(His Face) would of consumed Moses(in this form, the flesh) had he been allowed to see it.
Give God the glory! ... for now we may come to see His face and hear His voice!

"...and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice." John 10:4

In the garden because of disobedience, mans eyes where opened to the knowledge of good and evil but at a cost of becoming blind by the fallen nature. Jesus healing of the blind man represents the moment a person is born again,(from above)(He enters in) I was blind but now I see.

But as with the blind man in the example I cited, sometimes another touch of the Master's hand is needed... not because He is unable, but too often because we are unwilling to open up some of those dark recesses in ourselves... Give God the glory! We have a patient and willing God!

I have written these things to be considered and not for the sake of argument. There is One who stands closer than a brother. Perhaps if we bring Him, we shall see His Face.
Good, you were able to see something from Judah's words about Joseph. That one has not been so clear to me. Thank you!

Reactions: GTW27

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You bring then the question, What is a man? To carnal man he is often a highly self-exalted creature. To God he is an uncouth beast not worthy to be among the unclean beasts saved in the ark built by Noah. But... God sees the possibilities and the final results in those few who would and will humble themselves completely before Him. He will then lift them up to call them what? Paul uses the term, "new man", but that simply indicates a new start, bringing back perhaps to what men had in the Garden of Eden before they disobeyed and from there upward???

So then to become more than a man, means what?

"I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High." Psalm, 82:6

But I did not say or write those words... Another man did, but God inspired him to do so. What is it? Manna?

"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name." Rev 3:12
I think the question remains unanswered -- for now at least. I will be content to see the Son as he is.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the question remains unanswered -- for now at least. I will be content to see the Son as he is.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
Amen!

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not." Matt 25:6-12

"Jesus wept." John 11:35

Give God the glory! ... for now we may come to see His face and hear His voice!

"...and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice." John 10:4

But as with the blind man in the example I cited, sometimes another touch of the Master's hand is needed... not because He is unable, but too often because we are unwilling to open up some of those dark recesses in ourselves... Give God the glory! We have a patient and willing God!

Good, you were able to see something from Judah's words about Joseph. That one has not been so clear to me. Thank you!

Your welcome. It was given at the time that I thought I was done writing. So perhaps it was given to both of us. Today, when I read your reply of the parable of the virgins this came. Who are the wise virgins, but they that know that The Kingdom can not be bought. If one takes this back into the parable many things can be seen. Look at their response. Have a Blessed Day!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your welcome. It was given at the time that I thought I was done writing. So perhaps it was given to both of us. Today, when I read your reply of the parable of the virgins this came. Who are the wise virgins, but they that know that The Kingdom can not be bought. If one takes this back into the parable many things can be seen. Look at their response. Have a Blessed Day!
Thank you! Be blessed as well!

Reactions: GTW27

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi amadeus,

What a great question! I'd say that bringing our brother before the Lord helps us to see His face.

2 Corinthians 3:18 "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord."

2 Corinthians 4:6 "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

When we serve others in love, I think we see the face of God imprinted in our hearts.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi amadeus,

What a great question! I'd say that bringing our brother before the Lord helps us to see His face.

2 Corinthians 3:18 "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord."

2 Corinthians 4:6 "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

When we serve others in love, I think we see the face of God imprinted in our hearts.

Much love!
It also goes along with what Paul wrote here:

"Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself." Phil 2:3

And then again, Who is my brother?

"But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother." Matt 12:48-50

Reactions: Philip James