A word for the moderators of a different message board.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wrote this to the moderators of CARM (they are not as bad as some other message board moderators so I felt that they might even listen and heed these words) in a thread in the other Topics section, and wanted its words to be preserved here for the sake of a testimony. I want to make it clear that I don't have any beef with the moderators of this message board; because I have had no problems with them whatsoever; and I am very thankful for their kind and godly treatment of me as a minister here.

Does Revelation 22:19 teach that their part is taken out of the holy city and the book of life?

Are they taking away from the word of God?

I will not answer this question myself lest my answer be deleted.

But I think that my opinion on the matter should be quite clear: that I believe that when messages contain the word of God, for someone to delete them is to commit a grievous sin in the sight of the Lord.

Is there cleansing and forgiveness for such a sin?

Perhaps only if the thing that was deleted can be restored and is restored by the one who deleted it.

If it cannot be restored, then there is definite condemnation there in my pov; but if the person humbles himself/ herself in the sight of the Lord, tearing his/ her heart and not his/her garments; if they come to Him with a contrite heart and turn their laughter into mourning and their joy into heaviness: if they cleanse their hands and purify their hearts, and repent: perhaps the Lord will hear from heaven and forgive them of their iniquity.

There was a king in Jeremiah's day who hardened his heart and burned in the fire the prophecy that Jeremiah wrote. God told Jeremiah to rewrite the prophecy in another scroll; and many things were added over and above the original prophecy. But the king who hardened his heart and did this was judged severely by the Lord God. He never saw the second scroll; but you can be sure that it condemned him.

"Today, if you will hear His voice, harden not your heart, as in the provocation."

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I wrote this to the moderators of CARM (they are not as bad as some other message board moderators so I felt that they might even listen and heed these words) in a thread in the other Topics section, and wanted its words to be preserved here for the sake of a testimony. I want to make it clear that I don't have any beef with the moderators of this message board; because I have had no problems with them whatsoever; and I am very thankful for their kind and godly treatment of me as a minister here.

Rev 22:19 was for the preservation of scripture. Surely if God did not explicitly put a fear of condemnation along with manipulating the scriptures to suit our own ends, there would be many more false corrupted versions. This scripture was also written before biblical canon was established, so a legalistic view of it should not extend to the rest of scripture. However I think anyone who does manipulate any scripture to their own ends will face serious judgement.

Merely having a scripture in a post shouldn't be enough to keep it from being deleted. It could have been taken out of context and shared without love. For example seldom have I seen the pearls before swine verse spoken in the right Spirit.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what I have seen, it is almost standard procedure to nearly always automatically take Scripture out of context. I hardly ever expect to see the true context of Scriptures used. It seems the almost universal intent is to arbitrarily "prove" things by selectively cherry-picking unassociated verses.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
From what I have seen, it is almost standard procedure to nearly always automatically take Scripture out of context. I hardly ever expect to see the true context of Scriptures used. It seems the almost universal intent is to arbitrarily "prove" things by selectively cherry-picking unassociated verses.

Is out of context scripture even more deceptive than someone who changes the words of scripture? The latter can be easily verified.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider Hosea 11:1; and how Matthew under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost quotes it in Matthew 2:15, even out of context of the message of the original scripture. In Hosea 11:1 the son that God calls out of Egypt is Israel; but Matthew quotes it as referring to the Lord; and he was right in doing so; because Jesus is the Son of God.

Also, 1 Corinthians 2:13 (kjv) is a biblical hermeneutic. For example, in 2 Corinthians 9:6, the immediate context is referring to financial seeds, but we can derive sound application if we compare it to Luke 8:11 and/or Ecclesiastes 11:6.

So then, a minister who is accused of taking the word out of context may be simply giving Holy Spirit-led application based on topical context according to the biblical hermeneutic of 1 Corinthians 2:13 (kjv).

Thoughts, questions, comments?

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, the exhortation of the OP has to do with being very careful about what they might delete. If they know from the Holy Spirit that a post is false doctrine, even then it may be good to preserve what has been written if it has been responded to with sound doctrine and is refuted by someone with a Holy Ghost unction.

I think that I am really only contending for a kind of freedom of speech on the internet. If anything that we post is deletable without any repercussion for the one who deletes, then that person's freedom of speech has been effectively violated: their voice had been perfectly squelched.

Are people afraid of what might happen if there were to be a forum environment where people can raise any objection and/or be able to say anything without a fear of their posts being deleted by a moderator?

I, personally, am not afraid of things that might not be sound having a voice: for I believe that it is all answerable through scripture and that the Holy Spirit is able to raise up voices that will answer those things that might be contrary to sound doctrine.

The word of the Lord is sufficient to deal with any and every heresy (see 1 Corinthians 11:19).

Last edited:
Reactions: Willie T

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is common to translate any number of things to a different "context", but just how much Scriptural license can we take?

I find it totally wrong to convert John's letter addressed to seven existing churches in old Turkey, into that being the basis for claiming there are now "seven dispensations."

Reactions: Dave L

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"seven church ages".

There is evidence from history that each one of the churches in Revelation represents the atmosphere of the church in each subsequent period of church history.

It can also be applied as each church applying to seven different types of Christians.

Which is not to say that the literal interpretation is invalid. It is only to say that the interpretations that we find not to be the literal ones are more application than interpretation.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
"seven church ages".

There is evidence from history that each one of the churches in Revelation represents the atmosphere of the church in each subsequent period of church history.

It can also be applied as each church applying to seven different types of Christians.

Which is not to say that the literal interpretation is invalid. It is only to say that the interpretations that we find not to be the literal ones are more application than interpretation.
Some would see these seven churches as representing tendencies that may arise in any age of the church.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some would see these seven churches as representing tendencies that may arise in any age of the church.
That is another application of the passage that I failed to mention.

If there were seven church locations that had different spirits attributed to them (i.e. the sevenfold Spirit of God), then there may indeed be that variety of churches at different locations in our day.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is another application of the passage that I failed to mention.

If there were seven church locations that had different spirits attributed to them (i.e. the sevenfold Spirit of God), then there may indeed be that variety of churches at different locations in our day.
My only point is that we have actually built a spiritual discipline (possibly several) on the fact that there happened to be 7 churched on a local circular dirt road not far from where he was exiled, each about 30, or so, miles apart. I mean, honestly, how much theological stretching and exaggeration is THAT?

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What spiritual discipline is that / are those?
We've been talking about it..... Dispensationalism, and Spiritual types of churches and of people. These are all disciplines (teachings) that we banter around..... mostly derived from those letters John sent.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there was language barrier between us on that. I have always considered disciplines to be things like fasting or reading God's word.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we do them because the Bible says to do them. Because Jesus has saved us by His grace and because He is the Lord of our lives.