A zero in the light

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Something that's been bugging me about the concept of God being omnipresent (Existing everywhere) doesn't seem to be logical.

Let me explain.

Omnipresence is being infinite and having no end, but how is that possible if God exists in heaven? Heaven would have to be greater than God. But that cannot be the case, for a God who is infinite. When people believe that after they die they will live with God in heaven, that also seems illogical, because how can anything or anyone be outside of God?

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
This diagram might explain the basic principle behind our expanding universe.
basic_universal_architecture001.jpg

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When people believe that after they die they will live with God in heaven, that also seems illogical, because how can anything or anyone be outside of God?
With God nothing is impossible. Humans simply cannot fathom the Mystery of God.

Also, physicists and astronomers have concluded that the universe if finite.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is the I Am ...He created Heaven (and everything else) ...He created time and time will cease to exist at some point.

“All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.” — John 1:3 (KJV)

Colossians 1 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹⁶ For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: ¹⁷ And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

God the Creator existed before the creation of time and before the creation of the heavens (even the heaven of heavens where His throne is) and the earth.

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
God is the I Am ...He created Heaven (and everything else) ...He created time and time will cease to exist at some point.

“All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.” — John 1:3 (KJV)

Colossians 1 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹⁶ For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: ¹⁷ And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

God the Creator existed before the creation of time and before the creation of the heavens (even the heaven of heavens where His throne is) and the earth.
Time? As in 24/7 time? (That is not actual time)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Omnipresence is being infinite and having no end, but how is that possible if God exists in heaven?

As a unitarian, I reject the 3-person (or being model) for God. Where do you get the idea that God is in heaven? Jesus plainly says this. How then, to reconcile God's Omnipresent nature? For me it is simple. God is Spirit. His Spirit is Holy. So, while Jesus is closely tied to being 'of God,' the Spirit is less so. Just because people often fail to use the prepositional phrase 'of God' regarding the Spirit, does not make it any less valid. The Holy Spirit of God is in everything He created, i.e., Omnipresent.

So, there are only 2 Beings: God and His Son. God's being resides in heaven but His Creation cannot help but retain His Spirit connection, any more than a loving mother can be far from her infant's need for her milk.

The only exception to this are when beings, such as humans or angels turn from God. So, by definition, Hell is a condition more than a place void of the Spirit of God. It is a place I pray never to be.

Shalom

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
As a unitarian, I reject the 3-person (or being model) for God. Where do you get the idea that God is in heaven? Jesus plainly says this. How then, to reconcile God's Omnipresent nature? For me it is simple. God is Spirit. His Spirit is Holy. So, while Jesus is closely tied to being 'of God,' the Spirit is less so. Just because people often fail to use the prepositional phrase 'of God' regarding the Spirit, does not make it any less valid. The Holy Spirit of God is in everything He created, i.e., Omnipresent.

So, there are only 2 Beings: God and His Son. God's being resides in heaven but His Creation cannot help but retain His Spirit connection, any more than a loving mother can be far from her infant's need for her milk.

The only exception to this are when beings, such as humans or angels turn from God. So, by definition, Hell is a condition more than a place void of the Spirit of God. It is a place I pray never to be.

Shalom
I get the idea that God is in heaven from the Bible.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something that's been bugging me about the concept of God being omnipresent (Existing everywhere) doesn't seem to be logical.

Let me explain.

Omnipresence is being infinite and having no end, but how is that possible if God exists in heaven? Heaven would have to be greater than God. But that cannot be the case, for a God who is infinite. When people believe that after they die they will live with God in heaven, that also seems illogical, because how can anything or anyone be outside of God?

:) Read Zechariah chapter 4, and then go back and read Genesis 1, and you'll see the entire God head in it, explaining his omnipresence quite clearly. Its not hard to understand, you just have to stop listening to the authors of confusion that's all. Time is short, so there is no time for the foolishness espoused on websites like this.

The seven lamps:

(Zechariah 4:2-4) "And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof: {3} And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof. {4} So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?".........

(Zechariah 4:10) "For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth."

(Revelation 4:2) "And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne."

(Revelation 4:5) "And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God."

The Godhead:

(Genesis 1:1-5) "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. {2} And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. {3} And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. {4} And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. {5} And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

This is your answer for how he can be everywhere at once while remaining in one physical, specific location at the same time. It wasn't God himself moving upon the face of the deep, it was his "spirit", his holy spirit. Every time he spoke things into existence, that was Jesus in action, being the word made flesh, as the "word of God". And, in case you are wondering, yes, he was deadly serious when he said we were made in his image, because Ezekiel confirms it in his vision.

(Ezekiel 1:26-28) "¶ And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it. {27} And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about. {28} As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake."

This is the entire Godhead in a nutshell from the very words written in the Bible. Anybody claiming to understand the Godhead and his nature anymore than what is written is just pissing in the wind. ;)

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
:) Read Zechariah chapter 4, and then go back and read Genesis 1, and you'll see the entire God head in it, explaining his omnipresence quite clearly. Its not hard to understand, you just have to stop listening to the authors of confusion that's all.
Where do you get the idea that I am listening to authors of confusion? (This thread topic comes from my present reasoning)

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you get the idea that I am listening to authors of confusion? (This thread topic comes from my present reasoning)

I'm a bit jaded by being a long time member of this website, listening to people turning something simple into rocket science, sorry. The same questions get asked over and over again. They make the Bible, and how it explains God much harder to understand than it needs to be. That's why I call this website the poster child for confusion and strife, not a shred of unity in it, as you can see with members constantly at each other throats.

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
I'm a bit jaded by being a long time member of this website, listening to people turning something simple into rocket science, sorry. The same questions get asked over and over again. They make the Bible, and how it explains God much harder to understand than it needs to be. That's why I call this website the poster child for confusion and strife, not a shred of unity in it, as you can see with members constantly at each other throats.
You can always walk away. Hard at first, but better than continually banging your head on a wall.

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Breaking Infinity.

All I have left is my inner voice
One hope, one desire, one shout
I'll receive a echo from that divide•