Abortion kills a unique human being.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The unborn child is dependent on the mother, but he or she is not an appendage. The mother’s thumb has the same DNA she has. The unborn is a unique life. His or her DNA is different from the mother’s. If the unborn child were just another part of the mother, then she would have two heads, two hearts, four kidneys, and twenty toes. The unborn is a unique person. The other two answers are even simpler. The unborn baby is alive — and its species is human.

Therefore, abortion kills a unique human being.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The unborn child is dependent on the mother, but he or she is not an appendage. The mother’s thumb has the same DNA she has. The unborn is a unique life. His or her DNA is different from the mother’s. If the unborn child were just another part of the mother, then she would have two heads, two hearts, four kidneys, and twenty toes. The unborn is a unique person. The other two answers are even simpler. The unborn baby is alive — and its species is human.

My son's partner is currently expecting a child and as I have followed the progress of the baby's growth I am amazed that at just 8 weeks she was already moving her little arm and leg buds. A few week later she was sucking her thumb in preparation for the real thing and also drinking. And already with her unique finger prints and her eggs. Her heart is beating, she is growing and moving and is already a little tiny person. God's wonderful creation.

Last edited:

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm against abortion, but the unique DNA isnt the case at all.

All humans have the same 99.9% DNA.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The baby is NOT part of the mother!! The unborn child is dependent on the mother, but he or she is not an appendage and not trash to be thrown away.

Reactions: Matthias and Pearl

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If, as you claim, abortion kills a human being, then logically, a fetus could be removed from the mother and survive on its own, regardless of its development. Of course, this is impossible. A fetus is in the stage of development to become a human being, and a lot can go wrong during that phase. Fetuses can have fatal defects, such as defective hearts, lungs, kidneys, etc. that ensure it cannot survive separated from the mother.

Reactions: Stan B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The baby is NOT part of the mother!! The unborn child is dependent on the mother, but he or she is not an appendage and not trash to be thrown away.
The fetus is entirely dependent on its mother for survival; it cannot exist on its own. Some fetuses have lethal anomalies that insure that they will not be able to survive on their own outside the womb. What is your solution?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My son's partner is currently expecting a child and as I have followed the progress of the baby's growth I am amazed that at just 8 weeks she was already moving her little arm and leg buds. A few week later she was sucking her thumb in preparation for the real thing and also drinking. And already with her unique finger prints and her eggs. Her heart is beating, she is growing and moving and is already a little tiny person. God's wonderful creation.
I am happy for your son, his partner, and the rest of your family. Unfortunately, there are other pregnancies that result in fatal anomalies: the fetus is incapable of surviving on its own. What is your solution to that situation?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Reductio ad absurdum. Not every pregnancy results in the birth of a baby capable of surviving outside of the womb. There are a number of different fetal anomalies that guarantee that the fetus will die very shortly after birth. Not having functioning lungs is one example. Should a newborn suffer an agonizing death because of a fatal defect?

Reactions: Stan B

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am happy for your son, his partner, and the rest of your family. Unfortunately, there are other pregnancies that result in fatal anomalies: the fetus is incapable of surviving on its own. What is your solution to that situation?
There always has to be somebody with a bucket of cold water.

Reactions: marksman and dhh712

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wrote that there are other pregnancies that result in fatal anomalies: the fetus is incapable of surviving on its own. What is your solution to that situation?

That is your solution? A bucket of cold water?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Absolutely. The baby is not totally dependent on the mother as it has its own heart which is beating to keep it alive. And as with all humans if the heart stops it will die. These days. 20 week babies weighing just a few ounces can be kept alive after a premature birth.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely. The baby is not totally dependent on the mother as it has its own heart which is beating to keep it alive. And as with all humans if the heart stops it will die. These days. 20 week babies weighing just a few ounces can be kept alive after a premature birth.
The age of viability, the age at which a fetus can generally be resuscitated and survive is about 24 weeks. However, there are many conditions of a fetus that makes its survival impossible, regardless of its development, for example, lack of functioning lungs. That is why the decision to abort a pregnancy must be left to the parents and their physician.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked you this question: There are pregnancies that result in fatal anomalies: the fetus is incapable of surviving on its own. What is your solution to that situation?

And the above is your answer???

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm against abortion, but the unique DNA isnt the case at all.

All humans have the same 99.9% DNA.
So how come that DNA is used to identify criminals and also determine the paternity of a child. It is because we are all different - unique - with the 0.10% that matters.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how come that DNA is used to identify criminals and also determine the paternity of a child. It is because we are all different - unique - with the 0.10% that matters.
You were not talking about solving crimes. 99.9% of the new born child is the same as the parents, except for identical twins they are 100% the same between them.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You were not talking about solving crimes. 99.9% of the new born child is the same as the parents, except for identical twins they are 100% the same between them.
I was talking about a living being with its own beating heart and unique DNA - however similar it is to the parents it is unique for that child. Just it already has its unique fingerprints. And a girl will already have her full quota of eggs. How can a Christian argue against this wonderful creation. How can you justify high-jacking a lovely thread and pour contempt upon it. You don't need to answer that as i won't be reading your reply.

Reactions: marksman

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was talking about a living being with its own beating heart and unique DNA - however similar it is to the parents it is unique for that child. Just it already has its unique fingerprints. And a girl will already have her full quota of eggs. How can a Christian argue against this wonderful creation. How can you justify high-jacking a lovely thread and pour contempt upon it. You don't need to answer that as i won't be reading your reply.
Because DNA isn't unique as a whole. What is unique is the soul, you didn't even address it. I guess it means nothing to you just the DNA matters to you.