Abortion ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible that an aborted soul is born again - twinc

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 9:27 - Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,

I believe aborted souls go to Heaven.

Although this situation is a little different than abortion I believe the same principle can be applied (tell me if you think otherwise) King David and Bathsheba's baby died and from the context we can know that that baby would not be coming back reincarnated.

2 Sam. 12:23 - But now that he is dead, why should I go on fasting? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me."

Last edited:

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
2 Sam. 12:23 - But now that he is dead, why should I go on fasting? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me."[/QUOTE]

slipshod interpretation - he will not return to me does not mean he will not return - twinc

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Sam. 12:23 - But now that he is dead, why should I go on fasting? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me."

slipshod interpretation - he will not return to me does not mean he will not return - twinc[/QUOTE]

The fact that David says, "I will go to him" shows that the baby is not returning in any way, shape, form, or reincarnation.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
who told you - where in scriptures - twinc

By God's grace, we know that babies and aborted fetuses go to be with God for eternity in heaven.
Psalm 139 says that we are unique persons, even before birth in our mother's womb.
This means that an aborted baby is a child of God who, by God's mercy and love, goes to heaven when he or she dies.

When King David lost his baby son, it's obvious that he knew his baby was in heaven with God.
People asked him, "Why are you acting this way? While the child was alive, you fasted and wept, but now that the child is dead, you get up and eat!" David responded, "While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept. I thought, 'Who knows? The LORD may be gracious to me and let the child live.' But now that he is dead, why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me" (2 Samuel 12:21-23).

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
By God's grace, we know that babies and aborted fetuses go to be with God for eternity in heaven.
Psalm 139 says that we are unique persons, even before birth in our mother's womb.
This means that an aborted baby is a child of God who, by God's mercy and love, goes to heaven when he or she dies.

When King David lost his baby son, it's obvious that he knew his baby was in heaven with God.
People asked him, "Why are you acting this way? While the child was alive, you fasted and wept, but now that the child is dead, you get up and eat!" David responded, "While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept. I thought, 'Who knows? The LORD may be gracious to me and let the child live.' But now that he is dead, why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me" (2 Samuel 12:21-23).

nonsense - crazy interpretations - heaven had not yet been opened etc - twinc

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An aborted soul goes directly to be with Jesus..
So do children up to the age of accountability...
As much as I wish this to be 100 percent proveable from Scriptures, it is not. Not saying it is not correct... just that this is a specific instance where the Scriptures really are not 100 percent clear. I pray for the souls of those babies lost to the heinous crime every time it crosses my mind, but in the end, We do not know what God does concerning these children.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As much as I wish this to be 100 percent proveable from Scriptures, it is not. Not saying it is not correct... just that this is a specific instance where the Scriptures really are not 100 percent clear. I pray for the souls of those babies lost to the heinous crime every time it crosses my mind, but in the end, We do not know what God does concerning these children.

Our God is a just God and He does what is right.
Young children who die go to heaven not because they are “innocents” but because God is loving and gracious!

Reactions: Mayflower and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
slipshod interpretation - he will not return to me does not mean he will not return - twinc

The fact that David says, "I will go to him" shows that the baby is not returning in any way, shape, form, or reincarnation.[/QUOTE]

It is also good proof that where the baby was, was a good place, as David said he was going there too. :)

Yes all babies go to the "Good Place" in God.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
nonsense - crazy interpretations - heaven had not yet been opened etc - twinc

twinc ...now you are just being obtuse.
If it makes you feel better...babies go to "the Good Place in God."
Any place with in God is heavenly.
I do agree with you , that no one but God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and His Angels are in Heaven yet. The Day of all Judgements is not passed.

But where ever the dead in Christ are...it is a good place in God.
( I do not believe in soul sleep )

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Can I throw a spanner in the works for a moment.

How old was David's first son with Bathsheba? Is there any information that tells us how old he might have been?

Does the word "then" mean "immediately"? No. When it is found in scripture, it only tells us what the next event in the sequence in the story being told, is. It does not in any way indicate the time gap that is between the two separate event separated by the word "then" in the scriptures.

The time span of the word "then" between the conception of David's first son with Bathsheba is not found in the 2 Samuel 12 as such, it is found elsewhere in scripture in 1 Chronicles. However, there is one piece of information that is needed out of 2 Samuel 12 that helps us understand the time gap and it is found in 2 Samuel 2:24

2 Sam 12:20-25: - 20 So David arose from the ground, washed and anointed himself, and changed his clothes; and he went into the house of the Lord and worshiped. Then he went to his own house; and when he requested, they set food before him, and he ate. 21 Then his servants said to him, "What is this that you have done? You fasted and wept for the child while he was alive, but when the child died, you arose and ate food."
22 And he said, "While the child was alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, 'Who can tell whether the Lord will be gracious to me, that the child may live?' 23 But now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me."

Solomon Is Born
24 Then David comforted Bathsheba his wife, and went in to her and lay with her. So she bore a son, and he called his name Solomon. Now the Lord loved him, 25 and He sent word by the hand of Nathan the prophet: So he called his name Jedidiah, because of the Lord.
The other piece of information is found in 1 Chronicles 3: 5: -
1 Chronicles 3 : 5: - 5 And these were born to him in Jerusalem: Shimea, Shobab, Nathan, and Solomon — four by Bathshua the daughter of Ammiel.​

Now by accepting that the order of Bathsheba's four sons is in their correct chronological order then between the birth of Shimea and Solomon, two other sons were born. So, in considering this information, we can determine that a minimum of around 7 years separated David's sin of turning away from the Lord and stealing the hearts of the people of Israel, so that, they too turned away from the Lord also, and the death of Shimea, his first born son by Bathsheba. Since, this is the case, the child that died was not a baby, but was rather around 6 + years old. Now because he was David's son, and David heart was for the Lord, it is only natural that Shimea, if he followed his father's lead, also had a heart after the Lord like his father even though was still quite young. David, would have been able to see this in his son, if it was so.

Sadly, this thread has been derailed because of a lack of understanding of the story about King David and his punishment for his sins by God and when that punishment took place.

Shalom

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Can I throw a spanner in the works for a moment.

How old was David's first son with Bathsheba? Is there any information that tells us how old he might have been?

Does the word "then" mean "immediately"? No. When it is found in scripture, it only tells us what the next event in the sequence in the story being told, is. It does not in any way indicate the time gap that is between the two separate event separated by the word "then" in the scriptures.

The time span of the word "then" between the conception of David's first son with Bathsheba is not found in the 2 Samuel 12 as such, it is found elsewhere in scripture in 1 Chronicles. However, there is one piece of information that is needed out of 2 Samuel 12 that helps us understand the time gap and it is found in 2 Samuel 2:24

2 Sam 12:20-25: - 20 So David arose from the ground, washed and anointed himself, and changed his clothes; and he went into the house of the Lord and worshiped. Then he went to his own house; and when he requested, they set food before him, and he ate. 21 Then his servants said to him, "What is this that you have done? You fasted and wept for the child while he was alive, but when the child died, you arose and ate food."
22 And he said, "While the child was alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, 'Who can tell whether the Lord will be gracious to me, that the child may live?' 23 But now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me."

Solomon Is Born
24 Then David comforted Bathsheba his wife, and went in to her and lay with her. So she bore a son, and he called his name Solomon. Now the Lord loved him, 25 and He sent word by the hand of Nathan the prophet: So he called his name Jedidiah, because of the Lord.​
The other piece of information is found in 1 Chronicles 3: 5: -
1 Chronicles 3 : 5: - 5 And these were born to him in Jerusalem: Shimea, Shobab, Nathan, and Solomon — four by Bathshua the daughter of Ammiel.​

Now by accepting that the order of Bathsheba's four sons is in their correct chronological order then between the birth of Shimea and Solomon, two other sons were born. So, in considering this information, we can determine that a minimum of around 7 years separated David's sin of turning away from the Lord and stealing the hearts of the people of Israel, so that, they too turned away from the Lord also, and the death of Shimea, his first born son by Bathsheba. Since, this is the case, the child that died was not a baby, but was rather around 6 + years old. Now because he was David's son, and David heart was for the Lord, it is only natural that Shimea, if he followed his father's lead, also had a heart after the Lord like his father even though was still quite young. David, would have been able to see this in his son, if it was so.

Sadly, this thread has been derailed because of a lack of understanding of the story about King David and his punishment for his sins by God and when that punishment took place.

Shalom

off at a tangent is what happens again and again and all sorts of nonsense is added - the original claim was that David's son went to Heaven even before heaven was opened - Abraham's bosom was a good place to be as Paradise whilst waiting to be born again as a Christian - twinc