About the Signs of the Second Coming of Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now disasters are occurring frequently around the world. The signs of the second coming of Jesus have appeared. Clearly, the prophecies the Lord Jesus said 2,000 years ago have been fulfilled, like “And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, see, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood” (Revelation 6:12), and “For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows” (Matthew 24:7–8). Facing frequent disasters, how can we welcome the Lord’s return and avoid missing the chance to reunite with the Lord? The following content will tell you the answer.

1. The Appearance of the plagues, War, Famine, and Earthquakes
2. Spiritual Famine
3. The Restoration of Israel
4. Visions Appeared in the Stars
5. The Gospel Spreads to the Ends of the Earth
6. The Appearance of False Christs and Antichrists

Reactions: Gary Urban and Kaz

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now disasters are occurring frequently around the world. The signs of the second coming of Jesus have appeared. Clearly, the prophecies the Lord Jesus said 2,000 years ago have been fulfilled, like “And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, see, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood” (Revelation 6:12), and “For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows” (Matthew 24:7–8). Facing frequent disasters, how can we welcome the Lord’s return and avoid missing the chance to reunite with the Lord? The following content will tell you the answer.

1. The Appearance of the plagues, War, Famine, and Earthquakes
2. Spiritual Famine
3. The Restoration of Israel
4. Visions Appeared in the Stars
5. The Gospel Spreads to the Ends of the Earth
6. The Appearance of False Christs and Antichrists

Have you put everything in place in their right order and on a timeline that places Christ's final return, e.g. His second coming, in the distant future, over 1,000 years from now.

I think you are suggesting a near future timeline for when Christ returns, i.e. His second coming, and this is a pined for desire which is completely unscriptural and does not comply with any reliable interpretation of the scriptures.

But far be it for me to say that you are wrong, when so many people believe as you do.

Shalom

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you put everything in place in their right order and on a timeline that places Christ's final return, e.g. His second coming, in the distant future, over 1,000 years from now.

I think you are suggesting a near future timeline for when Christ returns, i.e. His second coming, and this is a pined for desire which is completely unscriptural and does not comply with any reliable interpretation of the scriptures.

But far be it for me to say that you are wrong, when so many people believe as you do.

Shalom

I'm confused. Are you saying that Jesus is not coming for, at least, another 1000 years? I see it as less than 10 years.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm confused. Are you saying that Jesus is not coming for, at least, another 1000 years? I see it as less than 10 years.

Why do you see Jesus coming within the next ten years? What is your biblical scriptural support for such an interpretation on Jesus coming within the next ten years?

The beast and the false prophet will not be cast into the Lake of Fire by Jesus until after they are released from the Bottomless pit, and shortly afterwards, Satan is also captured and thrown into the Lake of fire with them.

In Daniel 12 He is told that all the prophetic wonders that he had been told about would not be fulfilled until three and a half ages had passed. My understanding is that an Age and a Day of the Lord has the same duration length and that length is a little longer than 1,000 years where Satan is given a little while after he is released to do his worst, and the duration of that time period is somewhere between 20 to 30 years. It is after Satan is dispatched into the Lake of fire that Jesus' second coming to judge all the peoples of the earth will occur.

So putting this in context, Daniel was given this time period, at the time of the 3.5 ages from when Adam was created, so adding 3.5 ages to the time that Daniel Lived the time of when Adam was created to when Jesus comes to judge all the people of the earth is for 7 ages.

Were are we at this present time? Well from my understanding of the times, I believe that we are presently nearing the end of the 6 age which should occur within the next 25 or so years from now.

So when this present age ends, with the Armageddon Judgement Event of the Kings of the earth and the heavenly host , and they are imprisoned in the Bottomless pit, there will be another Age to follow before the Millennium Age draws to its conclusion and the Saints are able to inherit the whole earth as promised to Abraham, and reiterated in Daniel 7:27.

Shalom

Now from my study of the scriptures, I believe that Ezekiel 47:1-12 confirms this POV.

Shalom

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you see Jesus coming within the next ten years? What is your biblical scriptural support for such an interpretation on Jesus coming within the next ten years?

The beast and the false prophet will not be cast into the Lake of Fire by Jesus until after they are released from the Bottomless pit, and shortly afterwards, Satan is also captured and thrown into the Lake of fire with them.

In Daniel 12 He is told that all the prophetic wonders that he had been told about would not be fulfilled until three and a half ages had passed. My understanding is that an Age and a Day of the Lord has the same duration length and that length is a little longer than 1,000 years where Satan is given a little while after he is released to do his worst, and the duration of that time period is somewhere between 20 to 30 years. It is after Satan is dispatched into the Lake of fire that Jesus' second coming to judge all the peoples of the earth will occur.

So putting this in context, Daniel was given this time period, at the time of the 3.5 ages from when Adam was created, so adding 3.5 ages to the time that Daniel Lived the time of when Adam was created to when Jesus comes to judge all the people of the earth is for 7 ages.

Were are we at this present time? Well from my understanding of the times, I believe that we are presently nearing the end of the 6 age which should occur within the next 25 or so years from now.

So when this present age end with the Armageddon Judgement Event of the Kings of the earth and the heavenly host , and they are imprisoned in the Bottomless pit, there will be another Age to follow before the Millennium Age draws to its conclusion and the Saints are able to inherit the whole earth as promised to Abraham, and reiterated in Daniel 7:27.

Shalom

Now from my study of the scriptures, I believe that Ezekiel 47:1-12 confirms this POV.

Shalom

I disagree with your "ages." It is actually 3 1/2 years, and another 3 1/2 years making 7 years from the time the Antichrist is revealed until the return of Christ. It is the same timing as Daniel 9:27 of a week - 7 years. The middle of the week would be 3 1/2 years on each side. Or 42 months, or 1260 days. I know SDA's think 1260 years, but I don't. The reason it is not a day/1000 years is because of the different specifics - times/months/days. When you have the same quantity of times said three different ways, the prophetic day to a year or 1000 years does not apply. That is why in Daniel 8, 2,300 evenings and mornings (specific) makes those actual 24 hour days like in creation week. And that prophecy of the Greek emperor happened in 67 BC to 60 BC - almost 7 years (6.3 years - 2,300 days). I think we may have had this discussion before. Therefore, the 2300 day prophecy was fulfilled before Christ. It is where we get Hanukkah. The books of Maccabees is about this Greek monster.

Anyway, Revelation 8, I believe will be fulfilled on April 13, 2029 when the asteroid that NASA has been watching is due to hit the earth. That is close to the return of Christ, so minus 7 years is next year that the Antichrist will be revealed. If the asteroid is just a near miss and just take out some satellites as being claimed (to not give rise to panic), then it is not the fulfillment of Rev. 8. But if the Antichrist is revealed next year, then the asteroid WILL hit the earth and not be a near miss. Then Jesus is right around the corner.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I disagree with your "ages." It is actually 3 1/2 years, and another 3 1/2 years making 7 years from the time the Antichrist is revealed until the return of Christ. It is the same timing as Daniel 9:27 of a week - 7 years. The middle of the week would be 3 1/2 years on each side. Or 42 months, or 1260 days. I know SDA's think 1260 years, but I don't. The reason it is not a day/1000 years is because of the different specifics - times/months/days. When you have the same quantity of times said three different ways, the prophetic day to a year or 1000 years does not apply. That is why in Daniel 8, 2,300 evenings and mornings (specific) makes those actual 24 hour days like in creation week. I think we may have had this discussion before.

Anyway, Revelation 8, I believe will be fulfilled on April 13, 2029 when the asteroid that NASA has been watching is due to hit the earth. That is close to the return of Christ, so minus 7 years is next year that the Antichrist will be revealed. If the asteroid is just a near miss and just take out some satellites as being claimed (to not give rise to panic), then it is not the fulfillment of Rev. 8. But if the Antichrist is revealed next year, then the asteroid WILL hit the earth and not be a near miss. Then Jesus is right around the corner.

Well, good luck with this being confirmed when you expect it to be. The star that is said to fall from the heavens, does not happen until after the Bottomless Pit is unlocked by the Angel which is still over 1,000 years into the future from now.

Shalom

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The beast and false prophet are never cast into the bottomless pit at all. They are the first two that enter the lake of fire......1000 years before Satan finally does.

He's coming soon..... :)

Revelation 19:20 NKJV — Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelation 20:10 NKJV — The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, good luck with this being confirmed when you expect it to be. The star that is said to fall from the heavens, does not happen until after the Bottomless Pit is unlocked by the Angel which is still over 1,000 years into the future from now.

Shalom
The bottomless pit will open when Jesus comes and starts the 1000 year millennium. Satan is gone from the earth for those 1000 years.

Jay, you might be interested in a prophecy that is actually a day for 1000 years.

Hosea 6:1-3
Come, and let us return to the Lord;
For He has torn, but He will heal us;
He has stricken, but He will bind us up.
2 After two days He will revive us; (2,000 years)
On the third day He will raise us up,(resurrection and 2nd coming and 1000 year millennium)
That we may live in His sight.
3 Let us know,
Let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord.
His going forth is established as the morning;
He will come to us like the rain,
Like the latter and former rain to the earth. (1st and 2nd comings of Christ.)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The beast and false prophet are never cast into the bottomless pit at all. They are the first two that enter the lake of fire......1000 years before Satan finally does.

I agree. Read my posts and tell me if you agree. Look up the NASA asteroid

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand a very.literal interpretation to Revelation 19 and 20, as you seem to. He's coming soon :)

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not willing to set a date that specific....though I LERSONALLY believe it is very likely. He's coming soon, and I think it's sooner than many imagine...

Reactions: Nancy

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

He's coming soon..... :)

Revelation 19:20 NKJV — Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelation 20:10 NKJV — The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Well, if you carefully read the Book of Revelation, we are told that the False prophet comes up out of the earth. Rev. 13:11. Also if we consult Rev. 17:8 it clearly states that the Beast will rise up from the Bottomless Pit. Also in Isa. 24:21-22 we are told that the heavenly hosts and the kings of the earth are both judged at the same time and are going to be imprisoned for many days within a pit. The time for this judgement is during the Armageddon Event when the Kings of the Earth are judged for their trampling of God's Sanctuary and His earthly Hosts. This will occur after the fulness with respect to time of the Gentiles trampling God's Sanctuary and His earthly hosts which is still going on at this present time as the Armageddon event is a near future event, (around 25 years into our future), that will occur at the end of this present age. It is then that God will Gather the descendants of Abraham to Himself and plant them in a fertile field and teach them about the religion of Israel, where they have been scattered throughout the whole earth, to be a blessing to the people who will be living around them.

It seems to me that your interpretation of the scriptures does not allow you to see linkages between the various passages that gives the relevant information to fully understand the big picture of the End Time Prophecies.

As a point of interest, Rev. 19 spans the whole of the Millennium Age, with the capture of the False Prophet and the beast occurring towards the very end of the Millennium Age, just before Satan is also captured and dispatched into the Lake of Fire.

Shalom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The bottomless pit will open when Jesus comes and starts the 1000 year millennium. Satan is gone from the earth for those 1000 years.

Jay, you might be interested in a prophecy that is actually a day for 1000 years.

Hosea 6:1-3
Come, and let us return to the Lord;
For He has torn, but He will heal us;
He has stricken, but He will bind us up.
2 After two days He will revive us; (2,000 years)
On the third day He will raise us up,(resurrection and 2nd coming and 1000 year millennium)
That we may live in His sight.
3 Let us know,
Let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord.
His going forth is established as the morning;
He will come to us like the rain,
Like the latter and former rain to the earth. (1st and 2nd comings of Christ.)

That is your private interpretation of Hosea 6:1-3. This passage is speaking of the two ages where God has turned his back on the Nation of Israel, and at the completion of the visitation of the iniquities of the fathers on their children and their Children's children, during the third and fourth age of their existence, God will raise up the Nation of Israel once more to re-establish the Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nations and His Possession among the nations, covenant and will make it like new again for them with subtle changes, so that they will live in His sight.

I am assuming that your Pre-trib bias is causing you to miss the significance of the End Time Prophecies, particulars those having an impact on the Nation of Israel. In the Matt 25 Ten Virgins parable we are told of a fleeting visitation of the Lord to the face of the earth to gather and to enter into a marriage relationship with Israel once more. The Lord comes to the door, enters into the wedding feast and the door is shut after Him until He comes again to Judge the people of the earth in the Great White Throne room. You have a need once again to go back and read very slowly all of the scriptures so as to connect all of the dots and not just the dots that you want to satisfy your private conclusions.

Shalom

Last edited:

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I posted the verses that explain in detail, the differences in the destinies of the beast, the false prophet- and Satan. I know where the beast comes from. Once he is released to take up his short reign on this earth, he will not see the pit again, as Satan will.
I don't believe Rev 19 is contiguous with the millennial reign at all. Revelation 20 opens with "AFTER THIS....", some translations say "Then....". Both are time indicators telling us one thing occurs AFTER another. The events of Rev 19 and Rev 20 are sequential, not synonymous.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is your private interpretation of Hosea 6:1-3. This passage is speaking of the two ages where God has turned his back on the Nation of Israel, and at the completion of the visitation of the iniquities of the fathers on their children and their Children's children, during the third and fourth age of their existence, God will raise up the Nation of Israel once more to re-establish the Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nations and His Possession among the nations, covenant and will make it like new again for them with subtle changes, so that they will live in His sight.

It am assuming that your Pre-trib bias is causing you to miss the significance of the End Time Prophecies, particulars those having an impact on the Nation of Israel. In the Matt 25 Ten Virgins parable we are told of a fleeting visitation of the Lord to the face of the earth to gather to enter into a marriage relationship with Israel once more. The Lord comes to the door, enters into the wedding feast and the door is shut after Him until He comes again to Judge the people of the earth in the Great White Throne room. You have a need once again go back and read very slowly all of the scriptures to connect all of the dots and not just the dots that you want to satisfy your private conclusions.

Shalom
What in the world gave you the idea I am pre-trib????? ROFL I'm ready to go through the Great Tribulation unharmed, than being raptured next year.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It am assuming that your Pre-trib bias is causing you to miss the significance of the End Time Prophecies, particulars those having an impact on the Nation of Israel. In the Matt 25 Ten Virgins parable we are told of a fleeting visitation of the Lord to the face of the earth to gather to enter into a marriage relationship with Israel once more. The Lord comes to the door, enters into the wedding feast and the door is shut after Him until He comes again to Judge the people of the earth in the Great White Throne room. You have a need once again go back and read very slowly all of the scriptures to connect all of the dots and not just the dots that you want to satisfy your private conclusions.

Shalom
Yes, it is about Israel, and Israel has everything to do with end times. I guess you didn't like a day/1000 years on this one. What is it? 2 days, or 2 years? That is hysterical that you adhere to a day/1000 years except when it doesn't fit your thinking. Here was a perfect opportunity to grow, and you blew your chance by keeping your mind closed.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I posted the verses that explain in detail, the differences in the destinies of the beast, the false prophet- and Satan. I know where the beast comes from. Once he is released to take up his short reign on this earth, he will not see the pit again, as Satan will.
I don't believe Rev 19 is contiguous with the millennial reign at all. Revelation 20 opens with "AFTER THIS....", some translations say "Then....". Both are time indicators telling us one thing occurs AFTER another. The events of Rev 19 and Rev 20 are sequential, not synonymous.

Well I disagree.

Rev. 19 is all about what Christ will be doing during the Millennium Age, whereas Rev. 20 starts off about Satan, then speaks of the first resurrection people who have been beheaded for their belief in Christ, and then it speaks of what Satan will be doing after he is released 1,000 years later.

Now the beast, the false prophet and Satan are all heavenly hosts, i.e. angels, who have fallen, and Isa. 24:21-22 tells us that they will be judged at the same time as the kings of the earth and scripture tells us that the kings of the earth will be gathered at the end of this present age and we have had this confirmed when the three foul frog like spirits went out from the mouth of Satan, the beast and the false prophet, to do signs and wonders for all of the earth to see. These signs and wonders all happened on one day and the whole earth watched and wondered as the signs were unfolding before their very eyes on their television sets. Do you remember the 9/11 events, and the beginning of the leading of the kings of the nations towards assembling at Armageddon which will occur at the end of this present age, with the timing being given by Jesus in the lesson of the fig tree parables where He was suggesting that the beginning of the harvest season of souls would begin around 91 or so days after we see the fig tree begin to bud once more, which occurred in 1948. That is why I am able to say that the judgement of the heavenly hosts and the kings of the earth will occur in around 25 or so years from now. In Isa. 24:21-22, we are told that those judged will be imprisoned for many days to await their time of punishment in a pit, i.e. the Bottomless pit, and we also know from scripture that this pit will be locked for 1,000 years.

The kings of the earth and their armies will be entities that rise up out of the pit, and we are told that Abaddon, i.e. the destroyer who is Satan, is in the pit and that he is their king. Rev. 9:11.

Now Rev. 20:1 begins with the Greek word "Kai," which is like our English word, "and," which is not "after this . . " as you are saying the English translations use. Both "and" and "then" only tell us the order that John recorded what he had seen in his visions, and not necessarily the order in which all the events occurred as he moved back and forth in time, in his vision. It seems to me that you need to go back and put everything that you are seeing in the scriptures on a coherent timeline that makes sense.

Shalom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, it is about Israel, and Israel has everything to do with end times. I guess you didn't like a day/1000 years on this one. What is it? 2 days, or 2 years? That is hysterical that you adhere to a day/1000 years except when it doesn't fit your thinking. Here was a perfect opportunity to grow, and you blew your chance by keeping your mind closed.

And yes it is hysterical that you do not adhere to a year for a day when it does not fit your thinking as well and have been sold a pup by Satan in his orchestration of the Maccabee revolt to mirror the 2,300 days instead of the 2,300 years in which Satan through the Little Horne/false prophet will be trampling God's Sanctuary and His earthly Hosts, i.e. the Israelites, even today. But because you have only focused on one aspect of the Daniel 8 prophecy, you are forcing this prophecy into a much shorter timespan that was given in the prophecy for the earthy Hosts of God to be trampled as well. The Israelites are still being trampled today, even though the have retaken the Land of Canaan in their own strength in their attempt to force God's hand to redeem them.

From my research of the scripture, both a Day of the Lord and an Age have the same duration in time and both are a little longer than 1,000 years, and we can determine the duration of a Day of the Lord and an Age from the book of Genesis by correctly determining that Isaac was born in the year 2049 from the creation of Adam, which was the start of the third Day of the Lord or the Age of Mankind.

As for having a closed mind, I believe that the shoe, in that regard, is on your foot and not mine as you believe what you want to believe, regardless of what the Scriptures actually state.

Now we can all make mistakes, which we need to repent of, but there is none so blind as those who believe that they have all of the answers. I know that I am still looking to discover all of the answers. Are you?

Shalom

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yes it is hysterical that you do not adhere to a year for a day when it does not fit your thinking as well and have been sold a pup by Satan in his orchestration of the Maccabee revolt to mirror the 2,300 days instead of the 2,300 years

My dear Jay. What I need for you to see is that when it says a day with nothing else then it could be a prophetic day of either a year or a 1000 years. But in this case there were the specifics of morning and evening, verifying that it is a normal 24 hour period of time like during creation week. Get it?

Follow the RULES of prophecy. There are conditions.

Last edited: