accusers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just why does the accuser accuse? What for, what is to be gained on the accuser’s part? Especially in the Presence of God.

Aug 11, 2015
Faith
Country
Canada
What else can he do? He has no other option. He can't do himself any good...
What strikes me as interesting in our simple way of thinking.
A person could come to terms with defeat but what would drive him crazy is that no matter how hard he tries he can not get out of the loop of serving God's will by his actions.

Reactions: Mjh29

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What else can he do? He has no other option. He can't do himself any good...
What strikes me as interesting in our simple way of thinking.
A person could come to terms with defeat but what would drive him crazy is that no matter how hard he tries he can not get out of the loop of serving God's will by his actions.

sounds like you are referring to Satan. it seems its about attempting to justify the trust of one's own judgement, rather than God's Judgement. whether it be Satan or anyone else that seeks to prove that their own judgement or man's judgement is righteous. which is deceptive and deceiving in and of itself. Where as only God's Judgement is Righteous and good.

even when the Lord pointed out Job's up-rightness Satan questioned God's Judgement portraying a trust and or belief in his own judgement of Job, even though Satan knows better then most of mankind, that what God says is absolute truth.

Old Man

Apr 28, 2011
Steubenville, OH
stpaulcenter.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you referring to the accuser of Rev 12:10? Then the answer is simple. He tempts us to sin, "Come on. It won't hurt anyone. It doesn't matter. Nobody will find out." Then when we do give in to the temptation, he switches tactics. "Now you've done it. You are so wicked. God will never forgive you. How could you have been so stupid?" He becomes the accuser. Why? So that we despair. We lose hope in God's forgiveness. We give up on ever trying to be a good disciple and he gains another soul.

Reactions: Job

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you referring to the accuser of Rev 12:10? Then the answer is simple. He tempts us to sin, "Come on. It won't hurt anyone. It doesn't matter. Nobody will find out." Then when we do give in to the temptation, he switches tactics. "Now you've done it. You are so wicked. God will never forgive you. How could you have been so stupid?" He becomes the accuser. Why? So that we despair. We lose hope in God's forgiveness. We give up on ever trying to be a good disciple and he gains another soul.

though that may be so, what I have noticed so far is its presumed that its Satan, but what of man? Man accuses his or her fellow, all the time, for what ever reasoning they may have. if man doesn't follow, the devil is not the issue, though he may be the principal accuser. therefore what do men have to gain as the accuser?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Accuser accuses because it is his job. He is good at his job. He started in The Garden when to Eve he accused God of holding out on her ( of good and evil) in not giving her full knowledge.
He didn't just wander in by accident when God was called an assembly to speak about Job.. God did not tell him to 'get out' ..God even acknowledged him!
Job 1 6 "Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them. And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it."
His job is to test, sift, look for flaws and weakness, dross in the gold. God uses him as a tool. NOT that God doesn't already know all things...but so that WE see our weaknesses highlighted so that we can address it. We need to be 'proved'. There can be no victory without a battle. No testimony without a test.
God says in Isaiah 54.16 " Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for His work; and I have created the waster to destroy."
The accuser is all part of God's Plan, and has been from the beginning....God said- "Let us make man in our image and likeness..." We are still 'a work in progress'.. God hasn't finished yet.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Accuser accuses because it is his job. He is good at his job. He started in The Garden when to Eve he accused God of holding out on her ( of good and evil) in not giving her full knowledge.
He didn't just wander in by accident when God was called an assembly to speak about Job.. God did not tell him to 'get out' ..God even acknowledged him!
Job 1 6 "Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them. And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it."
His job is to test, sift, look for flaws and weakness, dross in the gold. God uses him as a tool. NOT that God doesn't already know all things...but so that WE see our weaknesses highlighted so that we can address it. We need to be 'proved'. There can be no victory without a battle. No testimony without a test.
God says in Isaiah 54.16 " Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for His work; and I have created the waster to destroy."
The accuser is all part of God's Plan, and has been from the beginning....God said- "Let us make man in our image and likeness..." We are still 'a work in progress'.. God hasn't finished yet.

that's all well and good, I can read the bible also, but what of men accusing?

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was answering your opening post which says:-
"Just why does the accuser accuse? What for, what is to be gained on the accuser’s part? Especially in the Presence of God."

I don't understand your question re 'man accusing'. If it is an invalid accusation it is of no consequence at all.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hes accusing man to God as only living for self and for the most part he is right. He is accusing all men as being unrighteous. And he is wrong. satan doesnt tell God lies. he knows its pointless.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was answering your opening post which says:-
"Just why does the accuser accuse? What for, what is to be gained on the accuser’s part? Especially in the Presence of God."

I don't understand your question re 'man accusing'. If it is an invalid accusation it is of no consequence at all.

didn't they accuse Jesus? didn't they accuse Moses? didn't they accuse the adulterous woman? if my memory serves Job's friends accused him.

men accuse, even in the Presence of God like in Moses' case, not necessarily to God but knowing the Presence of God was near.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Jobs case Satan accused him of cursing God, if God stripped him of his prosperity, that Job would turn on God if he allowed him to go through tribulation. The accuser only accuses those who have slipped, and may not have yet repented,or were ignorant of a sin. that is why we have a priest of the order of Melic Zedik! who stand before God to assure Him that we are His, and that we are covered in His blood.The Scripture reads " We all sin and fall short of the glory of God. If God reacted to every one of his accusations there would be a lot of funerals goin on. By the Spirit we walk and hopefully sin not.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Jobs case Satan accused him of cursing God, if God stripped him of his prosperity, that Job would turn on God if he allowed him to go through tribulation. The accuser only accuses those who have slipped, and may not have yet repented,or were ignorant of a sin. that is why we have a priest of the order of Melic Zedik! who stand before God to assure Him that we are His, and that we are covered in His blood.The Scripture reads " We all sin and fall short of the glory of God. If God reacted to every one of his accusations there would be a lot of funerals goin on. By the Spirit we walk and hopefully sin not.

its true that Satan assumed Job would, but you've also said the accuser accuses those who have slipped and in this case Job didn't, but his friends insisted that he had done something that God would turn on him. so they accused Job of something he didn't do.

KJV
Job 1:9 Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought? 10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land. 11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.

and we know Jesus did not sin, but the Pharisees accused Him of such at every opportunity that they saw. the thing is why do men accuse, and also accuse falsely, when it comes to one's relationship with God? to what value would that be?

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keeps one's ego intact

if you mean, accusing others maintains one's higher view of one's self in one's own judgement then I'd say that's a good point. it seems scriptural that the root of man's nature as apposed to God's Nature is to maintain justification within one's own heart that one's own judgement is in one's best interest. A&E were convinced of that by trusting the words of the serpent.

man is to execute God's Judgements in the earth, and God's Judgement is Life, notice man's judgement is otherwise. so again to maintain that delusion that one's own judgement is better than God's, yes.

Reactions: bbyrd009