Acknowledge Jesus Christ before men, even if it costs you your earthly life.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nov 24, 2018
Southern California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 10:26-33

Believers must acknowledge Jesus Christ before men, even if it costs us our earthly life.

I never see anyone doing this in public. I often acknowledge Jesus in public, usually by saying "Jesus Christ is Lord." I very rarely find someone respond in a Christian and believable way. Most who do respond quip something in reply and drop the subject. The few Christians who do respond, engage in a believable conversation. I reason from this and other experiences like preaching the gospel, that over 7 billion on earth are unbelievers.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Believers must acknowledge Jesus Christ before men, even if it costs us our earthly life.

I never see anyone doing this in public. I often acknowledge Jesus in public, usually by saying "Jesus Christ is Lord." I very rarely find someone respond in a Christian and believable way. Most who do respond quip something in reply and drop the subject. The few Christians who do respond, engage in a believable conversation. I reason from this and other experiences like preaching the gospel, that over 7 billion on earth are unbelievers.

Your sample size is too small to extrapolate anything meaningful.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I didn't state my sample size.

I know that but from what you wrote I can extrapolate that you do not interact with enough people to have a large enough sample size to draw any meaningful conclusions such as you have done.

Reactions: bbyrd009
Nov 24, 2018
Southern California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that but from what you wrote I can extrapolate that you do not interact with enough people to have a large enough sample size to draw any meaningful conclusions such as you have done.
I wrote:
"I reason from this and other experiences like preaching the gospel, that over 7 billion on earth are unbelievers."
From this, you do not have enough information to extrapolate anything worth considering.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wrote:
"I reason from this and other experiences like preaching the gospel, that over 7 billion on earth are unbelievers."
From this, you do not have enough information to extrapolate anything worth considering.

Yes I agree with you that you do not have enough information to extrapolate anything worth considering. But you want to still disagree with what I have extrapolated from your data that you yourself do not have a big enough sample from which to extrapolate the conclusion that you have proudly reached.

Shalom

B

brakelite

It is one thing to be persecuted for our Christian witness...whether it be our lifestyle which stands as an open rebuke to the wicked, or our testimony which glorifies the God Who has loved us enough send His Son to die, and to change us into the image of His Son and free us from all our self abuse and addictive passions. However, to be persecuted for being obnoxious and invading others personal space without first giving any thought nor care for them as a person, is to be fully expected...and deserved.

Nov 24, 2018
Southern California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I agree with you that you do not have enough information to extrapolate anything worth considering. But you want to still disagree with what I have extrapolated from your data that you yourself do not have a big enough sample from which to extrapolate the conclusion that you have proudly reached.

Shalom
My sample size from experience is more than sufficient. Again, you don't know the sample size. But I can understand your unwillingness to admit fault.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My sample size from experience is more than sufficient. Again, you don't know the sample size. But I can understand your unwillingness to admit fault.

Is there not a prophet in the OT who had to be shown that he was not alone and that there were other faithful Saints alive at that time who were also worshipping God just as he was?

When I feel as if I am the only Saint left in this world, I go down on my knees and ask God to reveal to me those who are around me that also are worshipping in righteousness. It is surprising the numbers that are revealed.

God reveals to me those who He calls righteous, and shows that I am to judgemental of those around me for them to be revealed to me without asking God to reveal them to me.

Know what I mean?

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Lord states that we should always be ready to give a reason for the hope that is within us, to proclaim the Gospel message in season and out of season. The problem is that many overly zealous believers in their eagerness to proclaim God’s message forget the part about “in season and out of season”, and intrude the gospel on to others who are not prepared at the time to receive its message and in so doing have caused many to disdained both Christians and their message as being intrusive, pushy.

The message should only be proclaim when convenient (“in season”) to those with whom we address, when they are in a receptive attitude, when they have indicated an interest in the gospel message, this we should always be willing to do even when it is not necessarily convenient for us. Thus we are always prepared as faithful ambassadors of Christ to give a reason for our hope even “out of season” for us. Being an ambassador for Christ is a life-time appointment and we are on call 24 hours a day.

As to your assessment that there are over 7 billion non-believers on the earth that’s a bit extreme don’t you think? The earth’s population at present is about 7.7 billion, according to your theory that only leaves about 700,000 believers whereas both Catholics and Protestants alike claim millions of adherents.

Nov 24, 2018
Southern California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there not a prophet in the OT who had to be shown that he was not alone and that there were other faithful Saints alive at that time who were also worshipping God just as he was?

When I feel as if I am the only Saint left in this world, I go down on my knees and ask God to reveal to me those who are around me that also are worshipping in righteousness. It is surprising the numbers that are revealed.

God reveals to me those who He calls righteous, and shows that I am to judgemental of those around me for them to be revealed to me without asking God to reveal them to me.

Know what I mean?
I know you have an unwillingness to admit fault.

Nov 24, 2018
Southern California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As to your assessment that there are over 7 billion non-believers on the earth that’s a bit extreme don’t you think? The earth’s population at present is about 7.7 billion, according to your theory that only leaves about 700,000 believers whereas both Catholics and Protestants alike claim millions of adherents.
Holy Bible - Revelation 20:10
"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."
The devil is an extreme deceiver. The reported number of adherents does not adequately approximate the real number of believers. The churches are apostate, filled primarily with the devil's servants.

According to my original post, the number of believers is less than ((total population of "people") - (7 billion)). People = those commonly considered human.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You seem upset. I'm not harmed by this or by posting truthfully.
Ah, my apologies, i didn't mean to imply that you were.
You seem psychotic, and also defensive; why would my posting
"ty, you obv have no clue how revealing this is"
give you the impression that i am upset, i wonder? i would have chosen prolly five or ten other descriptives first?

You seem to have delusions of grandeur, fwiw this is a pretty normal thing, we make them in our society, and this is even acknowledged in counselling, after you have been made aware that you cannot claim any disability from it even though society intentionally installed the malady in you, just like Autism, etc, which i happen to suffer mildly from.

but anyway on the other thing, we all like Standing There ok--imagining we have this audience that is anxious to know how we believe things seem, etc--it is the human condition, you are certainly not alone, and i'm sure most ppl even understand and sympathize, or at least i do. If you knew me better you would know what my upset looks like, and therefore how funny your statement is, but i do not mean that i am faulting you for trying, ok, no hard feelings there i hope

I mean certainly i also believe that if the rest of the world would just do what i think we would all be fine! lol
ok not really, anymore, but it is a cliche after all right

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018
Southern California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord states that we should always be ready to give a reason for the hope that is within us, to proclaim the Gospel message in season and out of season. The problem is that many overly zealous believers in their eagerness to proclaim God’s message forget the part about “in season and out of season”, and intrude the gospel on to others who are not prepared at the time to receive its message and in so doing have caused many to disdained both Christians and their message as being intrusive, pushy.

The message should only be proclaim when convenient (“in season”) to those with whom we address, when they are in a receptive attitude, when they have indicated an interest in the gospel message, this we should always be willing to do even when it is not necessarily convenient for us. Thus we are always prepared as faithful ambassadors of Christ to give a reason for our hope even “out of season” for us. Being an ambassador for Christ is a life-time appointment and we are on call 24 hours a day.
This part of your post is flawed, an offense. First, it's off topic, not relevant to the original post. Second, the "in and out of season" is about giving a defense for a reason for the hope that is in you when asked. It's about doing so in and out of season, meaning whenever asked or prompted to give a defense. It's not about doing so uninvited. Third, it's not about putting the gospel out their uninvited. The problem is not about a zealous servant of the Lord pteaching the gospel. The far more common problem is misinterpretation of scripture for the purpose of serving the devil, such as to inhibit preaching of the gospel. Churches don't even preach the gospel today.
Holy Bible - Mark 16:15
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."
Your off topic and offensie post twisted Holy scripture to made a defense against preaching the gospel.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Holy Bible - Revelation 20:10
"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."
The devil is an extreme deceiver. The reported number of adherents does not adequately approximate the real number of believers. The churches are apostate, filled primarily with the devil's servants.

According to my original post, the number of believers is less than ((total population of "people") - (7 billion)). People = those commonly considered human.

I agree that the churches are apostate (Babylon), and that the majority of those in attendance (both Catholic and Protestant alike) are nominal Christians, Christians in name only, "tares", nevertheless having profess faith in Christ they are still considered at this time believers, members of the household of faith.

The distinction however is not between believers and non-believers its between believers and Christians. All professed believers in Christ are believers, but not all believers are Christians (true followers of Christ).

Nov 24, 2018
Southern California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, my apologies, i didn't mean to imply that you were.
You seem psychotic, and also defensive; why would my posting
"ty, you obv have no clue how revealing this is"
give you the impression that i am upset, i wonder? i would have chosen prolly five or ten other descriptives first?

You seem to have delusions of grandeur, fwiw this is a pretty normal thing, we make them in our society, and this is even acknowledged in counselling, after you have been made aware that you cannot claim any disability from it even though society intentionally installed the malady in you, just like Autism, etc, which i happen to suffer mildly from.

but anyway on the other thing, we all like Standing There ok--imagining we have this audience that is anxious to know how we believe things seem, etc--it is the human condition, you are certainly not alone, and i'm sure most ppl even understand and sympathize, or at least i do. If you knew me better you would know what my upset looks like, and therefore how funny your statement is, but i do not mean that i am faulting you for trying, ok, no hard feelings there i hope

I mean certainly i also believe that if the rest of the world would just do what i think we would all be fine! lol
ok not really, anymore, but it is a cliche after all right
You're too far out there, even to suggest your qualified to determine psychosis.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This part of your post is flawed, an offense. First, it's off topic, not relevant to the original post. Second, the "in and out of season" is about giving a defense for a reason for the hope that is in you when asked. It's about doing so in and out of season, meaning whenever asked or prompted to give a defense. It's not about doing so uninvited. Third, it's not about putting the gospel out their uninvited. The problem is not about a zealous servant of the Lord pteaching the gospel. The far more common problem is misinterpretation of scripture for the purpose of serving the devil, such as to inhibit preaching of the gospel. Churches don't even preach the gospel today.
Holy Bible - Mark 16:15
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."
Your off topic and offensie post twisted Holy scripture to made a defense against preaching the gospel.

You should slow down and take the time to thoroughly read a post before making a hasty comment, you appear to be implying something totally contrary to what was stated.