Acts 20:28 and The Deity of Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I fear that I may be casting my pearls before swine (Matthew 7:6); so I will cease and desist.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exo 3:14, And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

"I Am That I Am" One famous scholar said of this, "I was, I am, and I shall always continue to be."

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same Spirit (John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4) is that divine nature.

God the Father is a Spirit (John 4:23-24);

And He is come in the flesh (Isaiah 9:6, John 14:7-11, 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

He also released His same Spirit back to the Father (Luke 23:46);

Because He did not VACATE ETERNITY when He descended to become a Man.

That would be impossible.

For if anyone dwells in eternity (see Isaiah 57:15), they dwell there for ever.

When God said that in the last days I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh, (Acts 2:17), what Spirit was that?

It was the Holy Spirit, a separate person! Is the Holy Spirit a person?

He grieves as the scripture says, He has a will and desire. I would say that is a person.

In fact, the 3rd person of the Triune Godhead.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In the Old Testament we read in Isaiah 48.16 and Zechariah 2:6-11, where Yahweh SENDS Another Person Who is also called Yahweh. Jesus says in John 5.23 and elsewhere that the Father SENT Him.

John 15.26 says that Jesus will SEND the Holy Spirit FROM BESIDES the Father., where the Greek grammar shows THREE distant Persons

Jesus says the Holy Spirit is ANOTHER Comforter, which means Someone LIKE Himself and NOT Himself

John 1.1 says that the Word Who is Jesus Christ is WITH the Father, meaning BY THE SIDE OF

All very clear that the THREE Persons in the Trinity are DISTRICT and not one and the same Person

Reactions: Charlie24

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When God said that in the last days I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh, (Acts 2:17), what Spirit was that?

It was the Holy Spirit, a separate person! Is the Holy Spirit a person?

He grieves as the scripture says, He has a will and desire. I would say that is a person.

In fact, the 3rd person of the Triune Godhead.

Rom 8:9, But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Eph 4:4, There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Tell me, does the Spirit of Christ dwell in Christ?

Does the Spirit of God dwell in God?

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Old Testament we read in Isaiah 48.16 and Zechariah 2:6-11, where Yahweh SENDS Another Person Who is also called Yahweh. Jesus says in John 5.23 and elsewhere that the Father SENT Him.

John 15.26 says that Jesus will SEND the Holy Spirit FROM BESIDES the Father., where the Greek grammar shows THREE distinct <fify> Persons

Jesus says the Holy Spirit is ANOTHER Comforter, which means Someone LIKE Himself and NOT Himself

John 1.1 says that the Word Who is Jesus Christ is WITH the Father, meaning BY THE SIDE OF

All very clear that the THREE Persons in the Trinity are DISTINCT <fify> and not one and the same Person
I do not deny the distinct-ness in the Persons of the Trinity.

Nevertheless there is one Spirit / essence (Ephesians 4:4) who is God (James 2:19, John 4:24).

Last edited:

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 8:9, But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Eph 4:4, There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Tell me, does the Spirit of Christ dwell in Christ?

Does the Spirit of God dwell in God?

There is something you are missing. The Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit. The Spirit of Christ is the realm that the Holy Spirit works in.

Notice in Rom, 8:9, "The Spirit of God dwell in you." That is the Holy Spirit!

Having "The Spirit of Christ" is the realm that the Holy Spirit works.

Let's put it together now.

To be one of His, the Father, you must have the Holy Spirit working and guiding inside you.

The realm that the Holy Spirit works in man is made possible by the finished work of Christ on the Cross and resurrection with our faith firmly fixed on that fact. That is the Spirit of Christ working in the believer, by what He has done.

In the following verse Paul said, "And if Christ be in you." See how that the Holy Spirit is in us, and Paul says that Christ is in us also.

That is the Spirit of Christ working in the believer.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@heartwashed, everything that God does is according to the Laws that He Himself has established, and He abides by those Laws.

For example, God hath declared that "the wages of sin death" that is a Law of God.

When man accepts Christ as their Saviour, that gives the Holy Spirit the legal right to enter the heart of man and begin His work of sanctification. That work is based entirely on the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ on the behalf of man.

Everything is based on Laws, and it must be carried out according to those Laws. And yes, Satan is also bound by those Laws, that's why he is limited to what he can and can't do.

So the Spirit of Christ working in us is a legal work.