Acts 8

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philip preached Jesus and the result is justification by baptism! Affirming Jn 3:5 is all about baptism!

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philip preached Jesus and the result is justification by baptism! Affirming Jn 3:5 is all about baptism!

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

Have you ever wondered why the the eunuch suggested that he be baptized when he saw water, and not Philip? If Salvation depended upon worldly water, why wouldn't Philip urgently suggest what the eunuch had apparently just learned? I always thought that was a little funny, that is, if water baptism were necessary. :)

Another thing that I always thought was weird, was . . . how the men and women, who are recorded as having Great Faith, as listed in Hebrews 11 (this is True, Saving Faith), why were none of them baptized? And, why are they our models of Faith if they didn't receive water baptism?

What an amazing Bible we have!

Reactions: Ziggy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism is necessary and required for the new covenant just as circumcision was for the old, Mk 16:16 acts 2:38

you have to have a relationship with the mediator of the covenant to be in communion

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Baptism!

Old Testament pre-figures of baptism.

Psalm 36:9
For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.

Song of Solomon 4:15
A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon.

Isaiah 41:18
I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put withi n you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

New Testament

Matt 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

( Disciples by baptism not faith alone)

Mk 1:4
John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Mark 16:16
he who believes and is baptized shall be saved!

Jn 1: 11
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (Baptism)

John 1:26
John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6
And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)

John3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22
After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4
When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

John 14:17
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Act 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.(Baptism)

Acts 8:36
And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

Philip preached Jesus and the result is justification by baptism!

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Ephesians 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:5 
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Gal 4:19
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (baptism)

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever wondered why the the eunuch suggested that he be baptized when he saw water, and not Philip? If Salvation depended upon worldly water, why wouldn't Philip urgently suggest what the eunuch had apparently just learned? I always thought that was a little funny, that is, if water baptism were necessary. :)

Another thing that I always thought was weird, was . . . how the men and women, who are recorded as having Great Faith, as listed in Hebrews 11 (this is True, Saving Faith), why were none of them baptized? And, why are they our models of Faith if they didn't receive water baptism?

What an amazing Bible we have!
I suppose you could have the same argument about circumcision.
The Baptism given to Jesus by John.. reminds me of Noah and the world being flooded.
All that was corrupted was washed away.
Did Jesus need to be baptised. No, He said that it was imortant to fulfill all righteousness.

Mat 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
Mat 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
Mat 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

NLT: But Jesus said, “It should be done, for we must carry out all that God requires.” So John agreed to baptize him.

So Baptism is something God requires... Jesus came to fulfil all righteousness.
We must carry out all that God requires..

Luk 3:21 Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,
Luk 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Gen 8:11 And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.

Immediately after this, the Spirit takes him out to the wilderness to be tested.
I think that's what happens to a lot of new converts. They get spiritually attacked.
Kind of like Ham messing with Noah's skirt.. temptations everywhere..all the time.

This is a good study topic..
HUGS

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NLT: But Jesus said, “It should be done, for we must carry out all that God requires.” So John agreed to baptize him.

So Baptism is something God requires... Jesus came to fulfil all righteousness.
We must carry out all that God requires..

Please forgive me for another "challenge" of mine! I hope I do not offend anyone with my long posts, however, I do think that I have a few perspectives that no one else is considering, or perhaps, has ever considered. So again, please know that I am humble and don't want to make anyone angry. I don't know if I am correct, and I'm certainly no guru or prophet. In fact, God does not require me AT ALL! I'm just a dude.
~~
No doubt, this is a power verse (which only appears in Matt) that indicates the requirement of water baptism (EDIT! That is, regarding this particular story of Christ's Baptism.)

If you would, perhaps consider these ideas.

Luke 7:24-28 NLT - 24 After John's disciples left, Jesus began talking about him to the crowds. "What kind of man did you go into the wilderness to see? Was he a weak reed, swayed by every breath of wind? 25 Or were you expecting to see a man dressed in expensive clothes? No, people who wear beautiful clothes and live in luxury are found in palaces. 26 Were you looking for a prophet? Yes, and he is more than a prophet. 27 John is the man to whom the Scriptures refer when they say, 'Look, I am sending my messenger ahead of you, and he will prepare your way before you.' 28 I tell you, of all who have ever lived, none is greater than John. Yet even the least person in the Kingdom of God is greater than he is!"

Ok, so there is something about John that makes him greater than anyone who has ever lived. That is unbelievable! We’ve got David and Jonathan whose spirits were melded together, Abraham who is the Father of Faith for both physically and Spiritually Circucumcised, Elijah and Elisha (and their amazing Spirit-transfer), Melchizedek and even Enoch who was taken to heaven without death. Why is John greater? What is it about him that is so special? What was it about John’s baptism that was so unique?

John’s Baptism was not ordinary, for it literally created an effect upon the hearts, or minds, of those who received it.

Luke 7:29 tells us that the effect of John’s baptism effected “all people”, even the tax collectors! And verse 30 tells us that the Pharisees and teachers of the Law rejected God’s Plan for them, but why? Because they did not receive John’s Baptism.

Luke 7:29-30 NLT – “When they heard this, all the people--even the tax collectors--agreed that God's way was right, for they had been baptized by John. 30 But the Pharisees and experts in religious law rejected God's plan for them, for they had refused John's baptism.”

It seems that this is exactly why Jesus said that “John was preparing the way.” But how and why? Consider the following verse, as it should illuminate the reason for John’s Baptism.

1 Corinthians 2:14 NASB – “But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.” – Therefore, I am suggesting that John’s Baptism changed the Hearts and minds of those who received his Baptism so that they would be Enabled to “understand” and “Spiritually appraise,” which is what those who [did not] receive the Baptism of John could not do.

Malachi 3:1 NLT - 1 "Look! I am sending my messenger, and he will prepare the way before me. Then the Lord you are seeking will suddenly come to his Temple. The messenger of the covenant, whom you look for so eagerly, is surely coming," says the LORD of Heaven's Armies.

Mark 1:3 NLT - 3 He is a voice shouting in the wilderness, 'Prepare the way for the LORD's coming! Clear the road for him!'"

John 3:28 NLT - 28 You yourselves know how plainly I told you, 'I am not the Messiah. I am only here to prepare the way for him.'

This is a new idea that we have never heard, I’m certain of it, so I’ll expand upon it a bit more. This is amazing!

John is the greatest that has ever lived (outside of Christ) because John had been given the ability to lift the Curse of Adam and Eve. This Curse of Adam and Eve, causes the exact confusion that Paul describes of his former life in Romans 7, while still under that Curse (surely, Paul was not describing the Mind of Christ, but more, the Mind of Satan). So, if John has been given the ability to lift the Sinful Nature from the Hearts of “men,” what does this really mean? It means that by lifting the Curse through his Baptism, it caused all who obtained it to be lifted of confusion and receive Spiritual clarity, for the Curse that causes confusion had been lifted and they were thus able to understand . . . even those dreaded Tax Collectors! lol

Conversely, those who [did not] receive this Baptism, the Curse of Adam and Eve was [not] lifted, thus they rejected the Mysterious Plan that God had for them, for they could not Spiritually ascertain the Truth. John is the Greatest to live, specifically [because] His Baptism contained the exact same Circumcising effect as that of Christ, which is perfectly described in Colossians 2:11.

Colossians 2:11 NLT – “When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature.” – Now, John cannot redeem anyone of their sins, and there is no indication that he can grant the Holy Spirit. Nope. But . . . he has been given the ability to “Prepare the Way,” which means to lift the Curse of the Sin Nature, so that the Flock would grow and develop. It is important to remember that John is “more than a prophet!”

So . . . it seems reasonable that because John’s Baptism is no ordinary Baptism, when Jesus told John that he must baptize Him, Jesus . . . this is not a directive for all people, but for Jesus so that He could give a living demonstration of the Indwelling Holy Spirit falling upon those who Turn to Christ. This physical example of Indwelling would be a living allegory to what takes place in the Spiritual Realms.

Matthew 3:14-17 NASB - 14 But John tried to prevent Him, saying, "I have need to be baptized by You, and do You come to me?" 15 But Jesus answering said to him, "Permit [it] at this time; for in this way it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness." Then he permitted Him. 16 After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove [and] lighting on Him, 17 and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."

To no one else does this “descending as a dove” scenario happen in the New Testament (or Old). My point? This is a very specialized circumstance and not an edict for all who are Baptized by Fire.

I could keep going and going down this train of thought . . . but it’s already long enough! Even I lose focus on longer posts, however, I hope that these unique ideas will cause us to rethink how we see this particular event. For, John was “gifted” in a way that no one else was gifted.

Maybe? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could keep going and going down this train of thought . . . but it’s already long enough! Even I lose focus on longer posts, however, I hope that these unique ideas will cause us to rethink how we see this particular event. For, John was “gifted” in a way that no one else was gifted.

Maybe? :)
I have to keep cutting mine back.. never ending lol
Hello John.. :)

Like Father, Like Son:
Luk 1:5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
Luk 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Mat 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
Mat 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
Mat 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

Jhn 3:28 Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.

Jhn 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
Jhn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
Jhn 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Jhn 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.
walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless

Exo 18:20 And thou shalt teach them ordinances and laws, and shalt shew them the way wherein they must walk, and the work that they must do.

Isa 58:2 Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.

Jer 31:35 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Heb 9:10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

Mat 9:14 Then came to him the disciples of John, saying, Why do we and the Pharisees fast oft, but thy disciples fast not?

Luk 5:33 And they said unto him, Why do the disciples of John fast often, and make prayers, and likewise the disciples of the Pharisees; but thine eat and drink?

Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars
also.

Listen...
Psa 72:5 They shall fear thee as long as the sun and moon endure, throughout all generations.

Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Psa 72:5 They shall fear thee as long as the sun and moon endure, throughout all generations.

They are burning bibles.
They want to remove God.
You remove God, You remove the Gospel.
You remove the Gospel...
Bad News.

Who is John?
Gen 37:9 And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me. ?

1Sa 20:18 Then Jonathan said to David, To morrow is the new moon: and thou shalt be missed, because thy seat will be empty.

Isa 30:26 Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

on and on..
HUGS

Reactions: amadeus

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't it amazing that we all gather here, to absolutely change each others minds? :)

In a way, it's actually pretty sad. My hope is that one day, there will be unity amongst believers, for this group of people will all have been taught by the Same Spirit. And that means that we should all, generally, have the same, Core, Beliefs.

I am open to all that we are saying, but having been a Christian for over 40 years, I have to have something new that I've never heard, so as to change the beliefs that, I believe, the Holy Spirit has enabled me to see.

One day, I hope that we can all start from the beginning, and get this whole Bible "thing" figured out, so that in the end, we will no longer be fighting each other, but agreeing with each other. But, I don't believe that this will happen until the proper number of Gentiles has been drafted into the Kingdom of Christ.

Romans 11:25 NLT - "I want you to understand this mystery, dear brothers and sisters, so that you will not feel proud about yourselves. Some of the people of Israel have hard hearts, but this will last only until the full number of Gentiles comes to Christ." - And even then, the Remnant of Gentiles is also extremely small, for few will ever enter the Narrow Gate.

Till then . . . let's keep plugging away at each other!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't it amazing that we all gather here, to absolutely change each others minds? :)

In a way, it's actually pretty sad. My hope is that one day, there will be unity amongst believers, for this group of people will all have been taught by the Same Spirit. And that means that we should all, generally, have the same, Core, Beliefs.

I am open to all that we are saying, but having been a Christian for over 40 years, I have to have something new that I've never heard, so as to change the beliefs that, I believe, the Holy Spirit has enabled me to see.

One day, I hope that we can all start from the beginning, and get this whole Bible "thing" figured out, so that in the end, we will no longer be fighting each other, but agreeing with each other. But, I don't believe that this will happen until the proper number of Gentiles has been drafted into the Kingdom of Christ.

Romans 11:25 NLT - "I want you to understand this mystery, dear brothers and sisters, so that you will not feel proud about yourselves. Some of the people of Israel have hard hearts, but this will last only until the full number of Gentiles comes to Christ." - And even then, the Remnant of Gentiles is also extremely small, for few will ever enter the Narrow Gate.

Till then . . . let's keep plugging away at each other!
1Co 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
Everybody has to grow the way He wants them to grow.
Not everyone has the same ears or eyes.
It's that onion thing..
and sometimes it can make you cry..
2TG
What are you trying to show me?
I'm listening..
HUGS

Reactions: amadeus

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2TG
What are you trying to show me?
I'm listening..

Wow. Worldly people never say such a thing as, "I'm listening." My friend, that is amazing evidence of the Indwelling Holy Spirit. And rest assured of this . . . I am absolutely listening to you. If we don't listen to each other . . . well, it just isn't good, is it?! - It is amazing that you keep proving yourself as Righteous and Holy.

Here is the Cue that I received from God Himself . . . I believe.

Ephesians 3:1-13 speaks of the Mysterious Plan of God. Now, you also appreciate the NLT, so it is critical that you read the Ephesians set of passages in the NLT as well as Genesis 3:22-24. This is what absolutely blew me away and caused me to wake up, and realize that there was a most deep and underlying theme of the Bible. Once I put these two passage sets together, I was off and running and all of a sudden, a whole new Bible began to unfold right in front of my eyes. This is when I literally forced myself to scour each word of the Bible with a varied array of highlighters, so as to ensure that I discover the Truth of many questions, such as, "What is really required for Holy Salvation?"

As I began to collect and manage Scripture in an Excel spreadsheet, I found that I had created my own dictionary / encyclopedia with the information that was exclusive to what I believe the Spirit of God wanted me to know and be aware of. This massive body of work has 734 entries and the collection of verses that I have commented on is currently at 5,283 entries, with commentary for each of them. As I have collected, sorted, searched, and made extensive notes, the Core of the Bible had become incredibly clear. Quite literally, I could not understand the Word of God as I do today, had I not put in the thousands of hours of studying and desperately trying to understand this incredible Mystery.

Ecclesiastes 12:9-10 NLT - "Keep this in mind: The Teacher was considered wise, and he taught the people everything he knew. He listened carefully to many proverbs, studying and classifying them. 10 The Teacher sought to find just the right words to express truths clearly."

As I began to classify Holy Scripture, you can only imagine how I felt when I discovered Eccl 12:9-10 above!!!!!! I was floored to find that I was doing what was commended in God's Holy Word. Even though I have been classifying Scripture for about four years, now, I am still shocked that God had me begin that Work upon, seemingly, my own thought and accord. But, you and I know that I did not plant that idea of collecting and classifying Scripture . . . but it was the idea of God Himself. Having done this Work, I am forever changed and have actually begun writing my own commentary on the entire Bible, but in a timeline, chronological fashion. (Soon, I won't be able to post here as much, as I need to get over some legal matters, and can then focus again on the Plan of God).

Here are those two sets of passages that got me started . . .

Ephesians 3:1-13 NLT - "When I think of all this, I, Paul, a prisoner of Christ Jesus for the benefit of you Gentiles . . . 2 assuming, by the way, that you know God gave me the special responsibility of extending his grace to you Gentiles. 3 As I briefly wrote earlier, God himself revealed his mysterious plan to me. 4 As you read what I have written, you will understand my insight into this plan regarding Christ. 5 God did not reveal it to previous generations, but now by his Spirit he has revealed it to his holy apostles and prophets. 6 And this is God's plan: Both Gentiles and Jews who believe the Good News share equally in the riches inherited by God's children. Both are part of the same body, and both enjoy the promise of blessings because they belong to Christ Jesus. 7 By God's grace and mighty power, I have been given the privilege of serving him by spreading this Good News. 8 Though I am the least deserving of all God's people, he graciously gave me the privilege of telling the Gentiles about the endless treasures available to them in Christ. 9 I was chosen to explain to everyone this mysterious plan that God, the Creator of all things, had kept secret from the beginning. 10 God's purpose in all this was to use the church to display his wisdom in its rich variety to all the unseen rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. 11 This was his eternal plan, which he carried out through Christ Jesus our Lord. 12 Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God's presence. 13 So please don't lose heart because of my trials here. I am suffering for you, so you should feel honored."

What? A Mystery? Sweet! My x-wife used to always tell me that I thought like a detective, so figuring out this Mystery was "right up my alley."

As soon as I realized there was a Mystery to discover, I realized that I needed to read the Bible in a timeline, chronological order, and read the Bible as an actual story . . . something I had never done. Imagine reading your favorite book, for the first time, but completely out of order. How could we ever understand it? So, I began reading Day One and it worked me through Genesis 3:22-24, and this is where my entire Christian World was thrown into wonderful Chaos!

Genesis 3:22-24 NLT - "Then the LORD God said, "Look, the human beings have become like us, knowing both good and evil. What if they reach out, take fruit from the tree of life, and eat it? Then they will live forever!" 23 So the LORD God banished them from the Garden of Eden, and he sent Adam out to cultivate the ground from which he had been made. 24 After sending them out, the LORD God stationed mighty cherubim to the east of the Garden of Eden. And he placed a flaming sword that flashed back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life."

The thoughts I had were . . . "Why didn't God lead them to the Tree of Life so that the Curse would be lifted, thus they would live Eternally? Why did God kick them out of the Garden without even giving them a chance to eat of His Holy Tree? And amazingly, I never realized that the Flaming Sword was not directing them to the Tree, but guarding it so that no one could eat of it . . . and that's when it hit me . . . that the Mysterious Plan of God was all about creating the most unbelievable Plan, that if told, no one would believe it . . . and that is, of course, the case as we have it today. I realized that like Adam and Eve, all would have to wait for Christ (as He hung upon His Tree) so as to eat from the Tree of Life and Live Forever. I just couldn't believe that God was this sneaky, and all in order to keep it a hidden Mystery, kept ONLY for those who would ALWAYS Ask, Seek, and Knock.

Last verses, for I've got to get to work! :D

Revelation 2:7 NLT - "Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches. To everyone who is victorious I will give fruit from the tree of life in the paradise of God."
Revelation 22:14 NLT - "Blessed are those who wash their robes. They will be permitted to enter through the gates of the city and eat the fruit from the tree of life."

Jesus is that Holy Fruit. Jesus is that Tree. Jesus [is] the Root System, for all of Scripture points to Him!

Okay, one more verse. lol

John 5:39 NLT - "You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me!" - And since this is the case, I realize that the Tree of Life had to be Christ, and that to cause all of humanity to wait for Christ . . . well, this was just unbelievable! That was it . . . I was hooked on the Word of God and I am forever changed. I am, 100% a completely Transformed person who no longer things as he once did, but has completely devoted himself to the Lord for years, now, and am only becoming more and more strong. I can most literally feel that my heart has been purified by Jesus . . . I have absolutely been lifted of the Curse of Adam and Eve and I cannot ever experience Spiritual Death again. It is impossible, for I am finally willing and ready to die simply for the Name of Jesus. I am prepared to die just for the Name of Jesus and nothing more is needed. Having experienced my actual Baptism by Fire, in an actual, physical place, and having felt the Raw, Almighty Power of God . . . enough so as to know what it took to part an entire "Red Sea," it is impossible for me to ever recant on my Holy Indwelling. It is impossible.

Hugs to you!

(Sorry, no proof reading . . . as usual. That seems to come later.)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Act 7:47 But Solomon built him an house.
Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Act 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?

Picture in your mind a Kingdom without borders... stop.. see it?

Picture in your mind a Temple in a Kingdom .... stop... see it?

Picture in your mind a Throne in a Temple in a Kingdom ....stop... see it?

Picture in your mind a Footstool placed in front of the Throne in a Temple in a Kingdom ... see it?

Where are we?
Where is God?

Psa 11:4 The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.

Where are we?
Where is God?

Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

NLT: You won’t be able to say, ‘Here it is!’ or ‘It’s over there!’ For the Kingdom of God is already among you.

Shabbat Shalom!
May you be restored to wholeness on the blessed Sabbath!

HUGS
:)

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Act 7:47 But Solomon built him an house.
Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Act 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?

Picture in your mind a Kingdom without borders... stop.. see it?

Picture in your mind a Temple in a Kingdom .... stop... see it?

Picture in your mind a Throne in a Temple in a Kingdom ....stop... see it?

Picture in your mind a Footstool placed in front of the Throne in a Temple in a Kingdom ... see it?

Where are we?
Where is God?

Psa 11:4 The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.

Where are we?
Where is God?

Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

NLT: You won’t be able to say, ‘Here it is!’ or ‘It’s over there!’ For the Kingdom of God is already among you.

Shabbat Shalom!
May you be restored to wholeness on the blessed Sabbath!

HUGS

I'm really sorry, but I don't understand.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish we weren't confined to only seeing the material world we live in.
That's all.. :)
HUGS
And a vision is needful so that people do not perish. As a person grows [if he does grow] in and toward God it really does become clearer from day to day:

"Where there is no vision, the people perish:..." Prov 29:18

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

@2nd Timothy Group

As to John the Baptist, perhaps he was working to break up, or to show people how to break up, their fallow ground:

"For thus saith the LORD to the men of Judah and Jerusalem, Break up your fallow ground, and sow not among thorns." Jerem 4:3

How does the ground become fallow or good ground?

"And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
Who hath ears to hear, let him hear." Matt 13:4-9

@theefaith

But the OP spoke of the baptism of the Ethiopian eunuch by Philip. What part does water play in preparing the ground [you and me and the other guy being the little bit of dirt] to receive those seeds and to accomplish hopefully a thirty, sixty or hundredfold increase rather than remaining a scorched dry earth place of death?

"I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids,
Until I find out a place for the LORD, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob." Psalm 132:4-5

"For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.
This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it." Psalm 132:13-14

Zion:

!wyc Tsiyown (tsee-yone'); Proper Name Location, Strong #: 6726

Zion = "parched place"

1. another name for Jerusalem especially in the prophetic books
KJV Word Usage and Count
Zion 153
Sion 1

The "parched place" (Zion) is the bit of dirt that we are before having our ground broken up and enriched and seeded and watered as good and fallow ground.

But what kind of "water" is that...? The symbolic type or shadow of the H2O immersion of the eunuch? Or...?

"Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." John 4:13-14

There were types and shadows throughout the OT, but some also as I understand it in the NT as well! Is there not a Reality or Truth available that surpasses all the expectations of men when they partake of the types and shadows? John the Baptist made it clear, I believe, that no matter what he, the Baptist, might be, Jesus was greater bringing something greater.

Baptism in water is certainly not of itself alone an evil thing but perhaps rather another type or shadow of the Reality/Truth, which God is and which God offers to men...

"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire." Matt 3:11-12

Remember here also the lesson of Nehushtan destroyed by Hezekiah! [see II Kings 18:1-4]

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to keep cutting mine back.. never ending lol
Hello John.. :)

Like Father, Like Son:
Luk 1:5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
Luk 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Jhn 3:28 Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.

Jhn 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
Jhn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
Jhn 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Jhn 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.
walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless

Exo 18:20 And thou shalt teach them ordinances and laws, and shalt shew them the way wherein they must walk, and the work that they must do.

Isa 58:2 Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.

Jer 31:35 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Heb 9:10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

Mat 9:14 Then came to him the disciples of John, saying, Why do we and the Pharisees fast oft, but thy disciples fast not?

Luk 5:33 And they said unto him, Why do the disciples of John fast often, and make prayers, and likewise the disciples of the Pharisees; but thine eat and drink?

Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars
also.

Listen...

Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

They are burning bibles.
They want to remove God.
You remove God, You remove the Gospel.
You remove the Gospel...
Bad News.

Who is John?
Gen 37:9 And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me. ?

1Sa 20:18 Then Jonathan said to David, To morrow is the new moon: and thou shalt be missed, because thy seat will be empty.

Isa 30:26 Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

on and on..
HUGS

How did the eunuch know about baptism?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Act 8:34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
Act 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
Act 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

Philip preached to him the Gospel..
I would think it came up in the discussion they was having. Because as soon as he said, here is water.. he was baptized.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philip preached Matt 28:19 the necessity of Christian baptism to be in the new covenant

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

With Water even..
HUGS

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philip preached Matt 28:19 the necessity of Christian baptism to be in the new covenant

Romans 1:17 KJV - "For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith."
Romans 1:17 NLT - "This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous person has life."

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:17 KJV - "For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith."
Romans 1:17 NLT - "This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous person has life."
So true,
If one didn't have faith, why bother getting baptized?