Adam / Christ….

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 15:45 (NASB20)
So also it is written: “The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING PERSON.” The last Adam was a life-giving spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:47 (NASB20)
The first man is from the earth, earthy; the second man is from heaven.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scripture contrasts Adam with Christ, because both are the beginning of something…. Adam the beginning of God’s creation of man, Christ the beginning of God’s re-creation of man…. One just as real and true as the other, one being from that which can be seen, the other being from that which can not…. Which brings man’s choice and desire to the forefront, for if one does not want the earthy, one may have the heavenly by the denying of the earthy….. For only one whose heart desires the heavenly above the earthy will deny the earthy for the hope of something from a God that can not be seen… Trusting, that He is capable of doing what He has promised, that being, the re-creation of one’s very own self….

For the heart that is willing to give up it’s own life of the earthy to receive this new righteous life of the heavenly will experience this new life in the time of this life to the degree of the willingness to give up the earthy….. For the gift of salvation is free to all that would have it, but what one does with that gift determines the growing of the heavenly, for all have a equal opportunity to grow the heavenly by denying and dying to the earthy…

This is the choice set before all man; the love of the truth that one might be a new creation… For right and wrong have been revealed to all man, therefore the choice, will one embrace the righteousness of the heavenly, being the question of life to all….

For if one wills, the question is set then again to all those that would choose the Heavenly; to what degree will one say no to one’s life of the earthy, and yes to the Life of the One who can not be seen…?

In the Beloved, Not me

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
RE-CREATION
To his apostles Jesus spoke of a “re-creation” and associated it with the time “when the Son of man sits down upon his glorious throne.” (Matthew 19:28; Luke 22:28-30) The Greek word translated “re-creation” is "palingenesia", which is composed of elements that mean “again; anew; once more” and “birth; origin.” Philo used the term with reference to the reconstitution of the world after the Flood. Josephus used it regarding the reestablishment of Israel after the exile. The Theological Dictionary of the New Testament, edited by G. Kittel, says that the use of "palingenesia" at (Matthew 19:28) “is in full agreement with that of Philo and Josephus.” (Translated by G. Bromiley, 1964, Vol. I, p. 688) So the reference is not to a new creation but to a regeneration, or a renewal, by means of which YHWH God purpose for the earth is fully accomplished.

So this is speaking about great blessings under that heavenly Messianic Kingdom that Jesus will be king of, being assured to obedient mankind, “the creation” that will be “set free from enslavement to corruption and have the glorious freedom of the children of God.” (Roman 8:19-21) In the new system of things promised by God “righteousness is to dwell.” (2Peter 3:13) The certainty of its establishment is emphasized by John’s apocalyptic vision and his statement: “I saw a new heaven and a new earth.”(Revelation 21:1-5)

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
‘So the reference is not to a new creation but to a regeneration, or a renewal,’

Thank you for your thoughts…

I do hold true to the idea that the new creation by means of regeneration are one and the same, being the means and the end…

May you be blessed in yours, Not me

Last edited: