afraid holy spirit will never come back to me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know I sinned against my conscience and I don't feel God's spirit anymore. Im terrified he won't come back. I need help. I am in torment.
The way I've received the holy spirit is to serve God by helping the poor and attending church, obeying the commandments.

I am praying for you to receive the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: Siddhi Koli

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know I sinned against my conscience and I don't feel God's spirit anymore. Im terrified he won't come back. I need help. I am in torment.
Hi Gabby and welcome here.
Remember this: "My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One."
1 John 2:1

He is faithful to forgive you because He said He would, you cannot out sin His grace. Go and like He said, "sin no more". So, be comforted in Him and His promises :)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it was too late for you , then why do even fear that its too late for you . If it were it would no longer be in your conscious
to seek GOD out . Those who come out , COME OUT . Its no longer in their conscious to serve the LORD .
If you are even worried about this , that shows its not too late at all . cause if it were , YOU wouldnt be worried about it
you would simply be fine in your conscious AS IS . Instead you are worried about this .
My advice is seek the glorious LORD and if you have erred bring it before him with a sorrowful and repent heart .
GOD has said and said more than once . I DESIRE not the death of the wicked
but rather they would repent . HE said that to even the worst of the worst of israel . JUST like GOD
says it to a lukewarm church whose deeds HE HATES . YET STILL HE SAYS REPENT
and all that i love i chasten and scourge , so be zealous and repent .
DONT BELEIVE ITS TOO LATE . Instead REPENT of said evil .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perfect scriptures. And, David did some terrible things yet, He was a man after God's own heart!
David did a few things that sure did displease the LORD . The man repented of every last one of them too .
THE KEY IS REPENT . That is all this person has to do . REPENT , BRING IT before GOD with a sorrowful heart
You would be amazed at how many scrips i have found in old test and in the new test
which proves that GOD does not desire the death of the wicked but rather they would simply repent .
SO the key is , REPENT . and worry no more about it . AND PS , dont live unto sin and think we can fool God or that he accepts our sin
cause that is a death sentence and proof one does not truly follow or know HIM .
When a lamb errs their is sorrow and grievance upon its heart and it repents .
Its good to remind the folks about both of these things . Cause i see way too many who just live it up in sin
and while they can do some good works and sing songs of praise they serve the FLESH not GOD not the SPIRIT .
As you know these do not know HIM . cause a lamb is grieved even when evil rises up its its flesh .
HOLY SPIRIT . The Holy Spirit IS IN true lambs . and thus it guides them and leads them into truth
and they love the things of GOD and hate even the desires of their own evil flesh .

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know I sinned against my conscience and I don't feel God's spirit anymore. I'm terrified he won't come back. I need help. I am in torment.

We are told many times in the Bible that when God's people turned back to God and repented of their sin(s), that God healed His "earth" for them to live in once more in a two way relationship with Him.

Isaiah 58 gives us clues as to how we can restore our relationship with Him, and He reminds us to keep the coming Sabbath Day (in God's time frame of the Millennium Age) Holy.

As for prayer for you, all I can pray is that God will include you in those whom He is drawing to Himself to become and remain righteous, even when we fail, in the little things, as we become apt at recognising when we have turned away from God and immediately fall down on our knees and repent, restoring our relationship with Him. Even in these situations of turning away from God, God is still drawing us to Himself.

Shalom

Reactions: dev553344 and Nancy

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Welcome to the forum!!

emot-sotw.gif
MMMM
emot-sotw.gif
MMMM
emot-sotw.gif

People who are terrified because they don't feel God's Spirit have simply moved on in advancement in Christian growth wherein God trusts them to walk by faith and not by sight. Be of good courage. Christ has overcome the world! The Spirit will comfort you once again. :)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello, Gabby.

The answer to this is 2 Peter 1:5-9:

5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

Give yourself back to relationship with God, especially to spending time with Him in His word, and your faith will return stronger than ever.

God bless,
- H

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was easy to trust God when you could feel His spirit, right?

Now is the time to learn to trust God's love for you when you can't feel His spirit, when you need his forgiveness and you know it.

You can trust Him. Remember, God is faithful, even when we're not.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we have received the Spirit and become aware that we are no longer sensing Him, we begin to search for what we must have done to offend Him and think He has taken His Spirit from us. I did the same exact thing the first time I could no longer sense Him. But He does not abandon us. He has put us on the true fast, in spirit, to grow our trust. This is the fast in spirit and truth. There is no need for panic. He’s doing good for you in this Gabby. I’m speaking about what I have seen and known. You will believe me after He returns to your senses and then hides from you again later in another fast. You will learn, in this way, the obedience of a firm trust in Him that doesn’t waver. This is how He does it.

It’s like…when a mother goes into the bathroom and closes and locks the door and the small child freaks out because he can’t see her any more. In the child’s mind, the parent has left him, but that is not what has occurred. The mother believes it’s time for the child to grow some and that the child is ready for this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

"Confess your sins to God and He will be faithful and just to forgive you and cleanse you of all unrighteous." The Lord is gracious and forgiving....so says His word. As long as we're sincere. It's not likely He will cast a soul off for one offense, though we might feel miserable like that for a while.

When you examine yourself and sincerely acknowledge your sin to God, maybe you would consider having communion to remember and refresh (so to speak) His sacrifice that cleanses you of the sin and brings it to the cross and under the blood......this is a way the Lord has given to cleanse one's conscience.

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If we have received the Spirit and become aware that we are no longer sensing Him, we begin to search for what we must have done to offend Him and think He has taken His Spirit from us. I did the same exact thing the first time I could no longer sense Him. But He does not abandon us. He has put us on the true fast, in spirit, to grow our trust. This is the fast in spirit and truth. There is no need for panic. He’s doing good for you in this Gabby. I’m speaking about what I have seen and known. You will believe me after He returns to your senses and then hides from you again later in another fast. You will learn, in this way, the obedience of a firm trust in Him that doesn’t waver. This is how He does it.

It’s like…when a mother goes into the bathroom and closes and locks the door and the small child freaks out because he can’t see her any more. In the child’s mind, the parent has left him, but that is not what has occurred. The mother believes it’s time for the child to grow some and that the child is ready for this.

Amen. Sometimes if we have grieved Him, He may withdraw for a while as a consequence in order that we learn not to grieve Him...its a discipline for our good. But also I believe there are times when He withdraws to "know what is in our heart" like He did with Hezekiah....inner housecleaning. And love what you said about the true fast, so we learn to walk by faith and not by our senses (sight and feelings).

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

If you are a Christian than you have the Holy Spirit in you. His prescence has nothing what so ever to do with feelings, but everything to do with the trustfullness of Jesus.

see Eph 1:13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession – to the praise of his glory.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes if we have grieved Him, He may withdraw for a while as a consequence in order that we learn not to grieve Him

I don’t know about this. This has never happened to me. Do you have verses to support it? I’d like to read them. :)

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don’t know about this. This has never happened to me. Do you have verses to support it? I’d like to read them. :)

Yes, here's some:

Ephesians 4:30 (see the context there of admonishing and exhorting us not to sin...not that I believe this means He leaves a person for good necessarily, but that He may hide His face for a while....as you mentioned we might have to fast from His presence for a bit)

Hebrews 3:10 and 17

And when Israel backslid and kept on sinning in grievous ways, unrepentant and with seared consciences, the spirit/glory departed the temple (Ichabod).

Reactions: amigo de christo