Afraid of Losing My Faith In God :(

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice I said faith, not belief which can be two entirely different things. Right now I sort of feel foresaken after the events over the past couple of days. It just seems like God doesn't care about us Americans anymore. :(

Reactions: soul man

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice I said faith, not belief which can be two entirely different things. Right now I sort of feel foresaken after the events over the past couple of days. It just seems like God doesn't care about us Americans anymore. :(

Theology primary over ideology there sweetheart.

It isn't a question about God being on our side...but are we on God's side?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I really want to be, but why would He allow all this to happen to His people? :(

Reactions: historyb

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really want to be, but why would He allow all this to happen to His people? :(
Because you don't know what is coming or why it's coming as well as God does.

Why not trust him like Elijah?
Sure the whole land was in a famine but the birds and brook kept him fed and watered... unlike most people who just starved.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you don't know what is coming or why it's coming as well as God does.

Why not trust him like Elijah?
Sure the whole land was in a famine but the birds and brook kept him fed and watered... unlike most people who just starved.

Wasn't that Job? Or maybe they just had similar situations.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wasn't that Job? Or maybe they just had similar situations.
Elijah...

Elisha was in a little village in a valley surrounded by soldiers...his assistant was petrified scared

But the whole valley up to and over the hills was filled with Angel warriors...he got a view of them after Elisha prayed that he could see them.

Can you imagine if someone said "sic em"?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elijah...

Elisha was in a little village in a valley surrounded by soldiers...his assistant was petrified scared

But the whole valley up to and over the hills was filled with Angel warriors...he got a view of them after Elisha prayed that he could see them.

Can you imagine if someone said "sic em"?

It would be worse than hearing "Chopper sic balls." :D

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi JohnDB!
This just brought to mind...again...how God also judges "nations". And, we sure are a sinful nation, among many others....but the idols in the U.S. are everywhere, and the church is lax. Lax in serious prayer FOR our nation to repent, lack of ears that hear lack of softened, broken and contrite hearts. But...my guess is He just shakes His head as He watches us at each others throats all the time :( so happy He's not a politician :D
God never leaves our side, but we can leave His side and grieve Him.
And @April_Rose - He is still there, He knows who are His, and you are His precious child, no matter what. Yeah, He disciplines us so that we might NOT be condemned with the world. Disappointment I think, is natural to us from time to time but He always knows and knows best! Amen? Jesus was not a Democrat OR a Republican...and no matter who is in the White House will make not a lick of difference IMHO as, He ordains over all of them.

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
Romans
...according to His purpose! And...what IS His purpose?? I'd say it is to Love His Son and to be conformed into His likeness, to become holy and sanctified solely for Him. JMHO :)
xx

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My TV has been collecting dust for decades. Except I do watch some Netflix movies but, usually on my computer. The tv is not even plugged in! Sorry ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's alright but it's a really good movie, it's one of those coming of age films. :) Funny too lol :D That last line always gets me though about not having the same kind of friends you had when you were a kid,.. I mean,.. does anyone? :'(

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's alright but it's a really good movie, it's one of those coming of age films. :) Funny too lol :D That last line always gets me though about not having the same kind of friends you had when you were a kid,.. I mean,.. does anyone? :'(
Now, I'll probably be looking for it on Netflix tonight, lol. We could all use a laugh!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh come on you mean to tell me you've never seen Stand By Me? :D

Just realized I HAVE seen this movie :eek: Long time ago and...the ole memories have
so many novels and other movies rambling around. Yep, I just watched the trailer and I remember :) Still gonna see if I can find it online, a refresher would be nice!

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been given the answer on a Silver Platter many times. All of you have been given the answer, yet you reject it time and time again.

You folks really don't get it. And now we all suffer because of it.

What a shame.

:(

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been given the answer on a Silver Platter many times. All of you have been given the answer, yet you reject it time and time again.

You folks really don't get it. And now we all suffer because of it.

What a shame.

:(

What are you talking about?

Reactions: Truman and Nancy