AGAPE! I hope this Forum has many who...QUESTION!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one doesn't question, they don't think; but others do it FOR them....

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you know what?

I have an aversion to people who join the site..and then start spamming their own stuff.
How about start by being interested in OTHER people ,and not just yourself .

Reactions: FHII and pia

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prospect of thinking and questioning scares many....
This is a Christian forum where the beginning of knowledge and wisdom is the fear of the Lord rather than thinking and questioning.

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction." Prov 1:7

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." Prov 9:10

With such beginnings, perhaps we can then move forward as God wills... even into thinking and questioning if that is the way He would have us to travel.

Reactions: Helen

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a Christian forum where the beginning of knowledge and wisdom is the fear of the Lord rather than thinking and questioning.

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction." Prov 1:7

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." Prov 9:10

With such beginnings, perhaps we can then move forward as God wills... even into thinking and questioning if that is the way He would have us to travel.

If you don't Question, you don't learn, my friend!
For example, if you never question or study translations, you will be COMPLETELY of the evil mistake of the translation of which you just quoted those scriptures from...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where in scripture does God tell us to put any confidence in man OR TRANSLATIONS....that is the whole reason Jesus sent the Holy Spirit....JESUS said that the HOLY SPIRIT IS THE TEACHER.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't Question, you don't learn, my friend!
For example, if you never question or study translations, you will be COMPLETELY of the evil mistake of the translation of which you just quoted those scriptures from...
There some translations better or worse than others, but consider the following verse:

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

Someone hungry and thirsty for the right thing will be filled without regard to which Bible version they use.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There some translations better or worse than others, but consider the following verse:

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

Someone hungry and thirsty for the right thing will be filled without regard to which Bible version they use.

If your belief is influenced by poor translation, your understanding will be poor, Amadeus!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your belief is influenced by poor translation, your understanding will be poor, Amadeus!
That my friend is true IF a person is walking more by their own flesh than by the Spirit of God. What man or group of men is it that anyone can trust to decide which translation or version is the best one for me or for you or for the other guy?

I read my Bible daily in three languages, so then should I decide for the man who reads only English that it would be better if he read only the original Luther translation? First he would have to learn German. What happens to being led by the Holy Spirit into all truth?

The Bible alone is a dead book even if it is the dead Jesus. It needs to be quickened in a person's heart by the Holy Spirit before it is the Living Word of God... no matter if it is derived from Luther's German or Valera's Spanish or King James' English or any of a multitude of others. In our own hearts we may find that one is better, but that does not mean that it is better for everyone else.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed!
However, haven't you ever checked the literal meaning of the Key Words in the Hebrew and Greek?
Such as God, LORD, soul, spirit, etc?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed!
However, haven't you ever checked the literal meaning of the Key Words in the Hebrew and Greek?
Such as God, LORD, soul, spirit, etc?
Rarely but when a question arose for me I have at times done so. Usually, however, my Spanish and German clarify the point for me. Regardless of what I would find in such a search, I am praying regularly as I am reading or studying for God guidance. It is very rare for me to change my understanding at the time I am studying a thing. Usually any changes which occur while studying have reference to something I was not even considering at the time:

First:
"And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." Ecc 12:12
Second:
"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." II Tim 2:15
Finally:
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Reactions: theQuestion

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just BEAUTIFUL, Amadeus!
Get out Young's or Strong's and tell US what "LORD" God REALLY means, for example!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just BEAUTIFUL, Amadeus!
Get out Young's or Strong's and tell US what "LORD" God REALLY means, for example!
If I were do that out of context and possibly out of His Spirit, what would I find? I just called up "Lord God" [or as you put it "LORD" God] on my computer concordance and it showed well over 500 instances of "Lord God". It would be a deep study in itself, would it not?

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need Strong's Or Young's Bible Concordances.
You can even GOOGLE "LORD God" to find out!

Warning: You WON'T like the Answer!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one doesn't question, they don't think; but others do it FOR them....

So what's your question?
default_noidea.gif

Reactions: ScottA

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have many- but they all begin with- WHO is the One Jesus said is the ONLY true God?

That would be the God of Israel.

You should make a list of your questions and post it. It'll save a lot of this needless back and forth.

Sound good?

Reactions: Helen