Air compared to God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
My comparison of air and God.God can't be everywhere,and touching everyone at all times. You can not even see him.Well can't you see air. Air is something that touches everywhere at all times. At your house everywhere. So why do we as humans block out the FACT,that God is EVERYWHERE. If air can be UNSEEN,and be EVERYWHERE than so can God. "Well what about touching I can feel air touch me". Well I have one thing to say God touches me all the time,he pours his spirit on to me. His presence is so overwhelming it makes me faint. There for God is like air. "Well lets take this further,I need air to live" Well you are right,you need air to live,you need God to make you so you can live,you don't need God to live,millions die without knowing God." Aha I got you see" No wait let me finish,God is my air. Without him I die and am tortured,with nothing but flame. No peaceful air in that. So when I mean God is my air,he is the thing that keeps me living in peace. "Well how come I can not see/feel any of these things?"Because you have no faith,You don't have to accept air is here either,you just need faith. So why not use the overwhelming faith of knowing air is there,to accept God is there. And in a way he is air.This is my weird thought on it. Anybody agree???

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(ForYou;49280)
My comparison of air and God.God can't be everywhere,and touching everyone at all times. You can not even see him.Well can't you see air. Air is something that touches everywhere at all times. At your house everywhere. So why do we as humans block out the FACT,that God is EVERYWHERE. If air can be UNSEEN,and be EVERYWHERE than so can God. "Well what about touching I can feel air touch me". Well I have one thing to say God touches me all the time,he pours his spirit on to me. His presence is so overwhelming it makes me faint. There for God is like air. "Well lets take this further,I need air to live" Well you are right,you need air to live,you need God to make you so you can live,you don't need God to live,millions die without knowing God." Aha I got you see" No wait let me finish,God is my air. Without him I die and am tortured,with nothing but flame. No peaceful air in that. So when I mean God is my air,he is the thing that keeps me living in peace. "Well how come I can not see/feel any of these things?"Because you have no faith,You don't have to accept air is here either,you just need faith. So why not use the overwhelming faith of knowing air is there,to accept God is there. And in a way he is air.This is my weird thought on it. Anybody agree???
Air in the bible spiritually means spirits.Satan is called prince of the air, for he is in control of evil spirits.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(ForYou;49280)
My comparison of air and God.
I agree with what you're saying. There was a time when we didn't know that "air" existed. We just breathed, and that was good enough. But, over time and study, we have discovered that air actually has substance. There is more than simply nothing all around us. It isn't nothing at all... there is a mixture of various kinds of gases. Oxygen of course, and nitrogen, etc. But, these are unscene.The invisible qualities of God are expressed in ALL of nature, and yes, I agree, "air" is one of them.

Latter-day Saint

Mar 24, 2008
Good post, ForYou. I think it is always instructive to compare the things of God with things that are around us every day. The Savior did that a lot in His teachings. He taught the people in parables about things that they would understand.I think that the comparison between air and God is accurate in the ways that you have described. God's influence is everywhere, and can be felt in subtle, unseen ways. Air's influence can be detected physically while God's influence can be detected spiritually.However, I believe that while God's influence is everywhere, He actually exists somewhere, with a real physical body. It is comforting to me to think that God isn't just a nebulous everywhereness, but He actually spoke with Moses face to face (Exodus 33:11) and can speak with His people when He desires.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(ForYou;49280)
I agree 110%. In case you did not know, the Hebrew word for Spirit is rûachroo'-akh And it literally means "wind". Likewise in the NT, the word for Spirit isπνεῦμαpneumapnyoo'-mahWhich is a current of air, or breath. You recognize this Greek word is where we get our word "pneumonia" from.This is why Jesus said, "The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit." I'd say that if you discovered this on your own, that you indeed had a true revelation.

Learning

Dec 12, 2007
Wow! A wonderful example and great wording. I think this is a super way to explain how God is everywhere.
smile.gif