All Scripture Is Given By Inspiration Of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friday 5-12-23 6th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Iyar 21 5783, 54th. Spring Day

2 Timothy 3

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Love, Walter and Debbie

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

This is absolutely correct, of course!! But what does it mean??

There is something that I don't understand, having come to know Jesus Christ, and that is why would anyone just post a bunch of Scriptures?

I mean - they could just post the Bible, right?

What is the point of the OP?? The writer or writers of the OP doesn't make a point!!! They just posted Scriptures!!

Now we find in the Scriptures a few things and even looking at the main verse of the thread, we can see this same point made, though not commented on.

If the scriptures are profitable of things like doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness - then how come there is not "doctrine", or "reproof", or "correction", or "instruction in righteousness" in the OP???

They quote a scripture, even many scriptures, and they don't actually apply them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What good is the posting then??? There is no purpose to it!!!! Why would they do that?? Do they not even know the purpose for God having the scriptures written???

The Holy Spirit once told me: "We don't use the Lord to preach the Scriptures, we use the Scriptures to preach the Lord!"

That they didn't do, and why not? Have they not heard from Him??

Jesus told the Jews "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life." (Jn 5:39,40)

And also: "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?” (Jn 5: 46,47)

And also: Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.” (Jn 6:29)

If you don't understand what I am saying - I am saying that our faith is not in the Scriptures!!! It is in Him who talked to Moses and all those who wrote down what He inspired them to write!!!

Yet we quote a scripture saying that all scripture is inspired by God and seemingly fail to realize that being inspired by God and what He personally say to you is the point and purpose of the Scriptures!!!!!!

Everyday called "Today" I hear from my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!! We talk!! We talk everyday called "Today". Now He has not asked me to write on this forum for a little while now - yet on this day called "Today" He started telling me over and over that He needed me to do something for Him. First He had me take a walk with Him, and we talked some more. He was talking to me again about how His work is to get people to believe in Him who He has sent!! It is not to get people to believe the Scriptures, but the Scriptures are there to get people to believe in Him!!!

After all - who is to use the Scriptures to "reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness" you???

He once told me: WHAT TEACHER DOESN’T PUT A BOOK IN FRONT OF HIS STUDENTS TODAY; YET NOT JUST A BOOK BUT OVERHEAD TRANSPARENCIES, VISUALS, AND OTHER MATERIAL? FOR I TELL YOU TRULY, IF THEY ARE NOT LISTENING TO ME THEY ARE NOT MY PUPIL, THEY ARE NOT MY STUDENT; I TELL YOU TRULY, THEY ARE NOT MY DISCIPLE UNLESS THEY ARE HEARING FROM ME. SO DON’T TELL THEM TO READ THE BOOK, THEM TO TAKE THE CLASS!”

The Scriptures then are like a textbook the Teacher (Jesus Christ) uses to help teach you!! But it you are studying the textbook without the Teacher you are not His student, His pupil, His disciple!! So we are telling people to seek Jesus Christ, not the textbook!! So we don't just quote a bunch of Scriptures, do we, but we use those Scriptures we quote to point people to Him, right???

Consider then this verse from the OP:

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

If I love the Lord, should I not be turning people to Him, and trying to get them to know Him?? But if I am in love with myself, then I might try and show how righteous I am by showing all the Scriptures I know. I can boast about how many Scriptures I know. I can be unthankful to the Lord who gave me a textbook, by promoting the textbook instead of the giver of life! So I wind up being disobedient to my Father (parent - even Father, Son and Spirit) in heaven, by not actually listening to Him. And that is "unholy" It is seeking the Scripture thinking in them we have eternal life, instead of pointing people (like even ourselves) to Him and what He personally says to us!! And they we don't even believe the writings of Moses, because Moses was trying to get the people to seek the Lord and listen to Him whose words are found near us.

Deu 30:14 “But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it.

If a person indeed seeks the Lord, He can be found. The word of God we preach in not the Scriptures!! The Word of God we preach is found in your mouth and heart!!

So why would anyone who knows Him, quote a bunch of Scriptures without the purpose of telling others about Him???

It isn't because they don't really know Him, is it? They are not searching the Scriptures instead of actually coming to Him and hearing what He says, are they??

I don't know, and it is not for me to judge that. But as for me; just quoting a bunch of Scriptures make no sense to me - because I know Him and that is the important thing - for me and for others!!!

Jn 3:16“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

If a person does indeed believe in Him they believe in Him who said He would never leave you, and said He stands at the door knocking so if anyone hears His voice He will come into them. They would then know that He loves it when you spend time reasoning with Him - even for "doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness - then how come there is not "doctrine", or "reproof", or "correction", or "instruction in righteousness"

Is 1:18 “Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the LORD,
“Though your sins are as scarlet,
They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They will be like wool.

Now there is a Scripture for you!! It means spend sometime (even Today) talking back and forth with Him. We understand that, right?

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is absolutely correct, of course!! But what does it mean??

There is something that I don't understand, having come to know Jesus Christ, and that is why would anyone just post a bunch of Scriptures?

I mean - they could just post the Bible, right?

What is the point of the OP?? The writer or writers of the OP doesn't make a point!!! They just posted Scriptures!!

Now we find in the Scriptures a few things and even looking at the main verse of the thread, we can see this same point made, though not commented on.

If the scriptures are profitable of things like doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness - then how come there is not "doctrine", or "reproof", or "correction", or "instruction in righteousness" in the OP???

They quote a scripture, even many scriptures, and they don't actually apply them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What good is the posting then??? There is no purpose to it!!!! Why would they do that?? Do they not even know the purpose for God having the scriptures written???

The Holy Spirit once told me: "We don't use the Lord to preach the Scriptures, we use the Scriptures to preach the Lord!"

That they didn't do, and why not? Have they not heard from Him??

Jesus told the Jews "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life." (Jn 5:39,40)

And also: "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?” (Jn 5: 46,47)

And also: Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.” (Jn 6:29)

If you don't understand what I am saying - I am saying that our faith is not in the Scriptures!!! It is in Him who talked to Moses and all those who wrote down what He inspired them to write!!!

Yet we quote a scripture saying that all scripture is inspired by God and seemingly fail to realize that being inspired by God and what He personally say to you is the point and purpose of the Scriptures!!!!!!

Everyday called "Today" I hear from my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!! We talk!! We talk everyday called "Today". Now He has not asked me to write on this forum for a little while now - yet on this day called "Today" He started telling me over and over that He needed me to do something for Him. First He had me take a walk with Him, and we talked some more. He was talking to me again about how His work is to get people to believe in Him who He has sent!! It is not to get people to believe the Scriptures, but the Scriptures are there to get people to believe in Him!!!

After all - who is to use the Scriptures to "reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness" you???

He once told me: WHAT TEACHER DOESN’T PUT A BOOK IN FRONT OF HIS STUDENTS TODAY; YET NOT JUST A BOOK BUT OVERHEAD TRANSPARENCIES, VISUALS, AND OTHER MATERIAL? FOR I TELL YOU TRULY, IF THEY ARE NOT LISTENING TO ME THEY ARE NOT MY PUPIL, THEY ARE NOT MY STUDENT; I TELL YOU TRULY, THEY ARE NOT MY DISCIPLE UNLESS THEY ARE HEARING FROM ME. SO DON’T TELL THEM TO READ THE BOOK, THEM TO TAKE THE CLASS!”

The Scriptures then are like a textbook the Teacher (Jesus Christ) uses to help teach you!! But it you are studying the textbook without the Teacher you are not His student, His pupil, His disciple!! So we are telling people to seek Jesus Christ, not the textbook!! So we don't just quote a bunch of Scriptures, do we, but we use those Scriptures we quote to point people to Him, right???

Consider then this verse from the OP:

If I love the Lord, should I not be turning people to Him, and trying to get them to know Him?? But if I am in love with myself, then I might try and show how righteous I am by showing all the Scriptures I know. I can boast about how many Scriptures I know. I can be unthankful to the Lord who gave me a textbook, by promoting the textbook instead of the giver of life! So I wind up being disobedient to my Father (parent - even Father, Son and Spirit) in heaven, by not actually listening to Him. And that is "unholy" It is seeking the Scripture thinking in them we have eternal life, instead of pointing people (like even ourselves) to Him and what He personally says to us!! And they we don't even believe the writings of Moses, because Moses was trying to get the people to seek the Lord and listen to Him whose words are found near us.

Deu 30:14 “But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it.

If a person indeed seeks the Lord, He can be found. The word of God we preach in not the Scriptures!! The Word of God we preach is found in your mouth and heart!!

So why would anyone who knows Him, quote a bunch of Scriptures without the purpose of telling others about Him???

It isn't because they don't really know Him, is it? They are not searching the Scriptures instead of actually coming to Him and hearing what He says, are they??

I don't know, and it is not for me to judge that. But as for me; just quoting a bunch of Scriptures make no sense to me - because I know Him and that is the important thing - for me and for others!!!

Jn 3:16“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

If a person does indeed believe in Him they believe in Him who said He would never leave you, and said He stands at the door knocking so if anyone hears His voice He will come into them. They would then know that He loves it when you spend time reasoning with Him - even for "doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness - then how come there is not "doctrine", or "reproof", or "correction", or "instruction in righteousness"

Is 1:18 “Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the LORD,
“Though your sins are as scarlet,
They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They will be like wool.

Now there is a Scripture for you!! It means spend sometime (even Today) talking back and forth with Him. We understand that, right?
Hello Karl Peters, We understand what you are saying, and thanks for your input.

Love, Walter and Debbie