• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
Saint, when you were born again.."all things have become new".

Let me show you an evidence.
Its this..
Remember what you use to do, before you were born again?
How you use to think about things and want things that were bad for you, wrong, sinful,.?
In those days, you felt that certain things were important and really mattered.
But after you are born again for a while, you find that a lot of that mindset, is gone.
That is "all things have become new".

Also.
If you been saved 10-20-30 yrs.....and you look back..you'll see those places, those times in your past, where God stepped into your problem and pain and fear, and helped you OUT of it or helped you through it.
Or where God stepped in and stopped you from making a life error that would have destroyed your life, marriage, kids, Ministry.....
That is, "all things have become new".

Now let me show these..

When you became a child of God, Son of God/Daughter of Christ......God instantly had a different viewpoint and eternal perspective of you.
No longer does He see you as this..

John 3:36 : "" He/She he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on them"..

See that? That was God's perspective of you before you trusted in Christ and God accepted your Faith and made you righteous and gave you eternal life, forgiving all your sin through the BLood of Jesus..
That is "all things have become new"

And one more....

And This one is a beauty beyond measure....

Romans 4:8... """"Blessed is the one whose SIN the Lord God will never count against them again.”""

See that Amazing Grace ??
God does not hold against you, or count against you, or imput to you, your sin..if you are born again.
NEVER AGAIN......= if you are born again.
Why does He not count your sin against you, that you just did, today, and tomorrow, and 4 days ago?
Its because God became Christ on The Cross and has died for all your sin, already, 2000 yrs ago.
So, God judged Himself as Jesus on the Cross, 2000 yrs ago, for all your sin.
He paid for them all with His blood and death on The Cross, so that you can be born again and never again have your sin held against you.
See that ? That is "God's Grace". That is "The Gift of Salvation"" That is "The Gift of Righteous""..

That is... "All things have become New"... ONLY = if you are BORN AGAIN.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Make sure you tell them that "sin" was committed in their past - not present or future. 2 Peter 1:9

I dont teach such heresy, as that, which you believe.
I dont deny, in Public, as you just did, and will again.... the blood of Jesus its power, and falsely teach that only past sins are under the blood.

You can't hear me, but, others here will when i show YOU this...

The Cross that Christ was sacrificed on, for the sin of the world, happened 2000 years ago.
So, the power of this BLood of God, (as Christ is God), .... is saving into the FUTURE.... 2000 years later...just like it keeps redeeming a born again Child of God's sins into the future.
This is why Romans 4:8 says that God does not hold the born again accountable for their sin.
God understands the power of His eternal blood redemption.
Now you dispute this, because you do not believe that the Cross of Jesus, is this....>"where sin abounds Grace more Abounds".
Nor do you believe the verse i posted that says that GOD does NOT hold the born again accountable for their sin.

And one more for the student of the word, who can hear the truth...

Listen.......
When you came to God, thought the blood of Jesus, by Faith........God knew of every sin you would commit later...
All of them, God knew about.....as God can see the FUTURE..... Yours.
So, when God gave you His righteousness, He did so knowing of every sin you would commit later, and He SAVED YOU ANYWAY.
WHY?
BECAUSE GOD Knows that His Blood is going to keep forgiving and redeeming you from your sin, forever.

So, that means 1stCenturylady.....God knew you would come to my Thread and deny the Blood of Jesus, as your sin.
He knew you would do this, before you were born, and before i was born again.
Believe it, charismaticlady.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont deny, in Public, as you just did, and will again.... the blood of Jesus its power, and falsely teach that only past sins are under the blood.

The Cross that Christ was sacrificed on, for the sin of the world, happened 2000 years ago.
So, the power of this BLood of God, (as Christ is God), .... is saving into the FUTURE.... 2000 years later...just like it keeps redeeming a born again Child of God's sins into the future.
This is why Romans 4:8 says that God does not hold the born again accountable for their sin.
God understand the power of His eternal blood redemption.
Now you dispute this, because you do not believe that the Cross of Jesus, is this....>"where sin abounds Grace more Abounds".
Nor do you believe the verse i posted that says that GOD does NOT hold the born again accountable for their sin.

Listen.......
When you came to God, thought the blood of Jesus, by Faith........God knew of every sin you would commit later...
So, when God gave you His righteousness, He did so knowing of every sin you would commit later, and He SAVED YOU ANYWAY.
WHY?
BECAUSE GOD Knows that His Blood is going to keep forgiving and redeeming you from your sin, forever.

So, that means 1stCenturylady.....God knew you would come to my Thread and deny the Blood of Jesus, as your sin.

So, essentially what you are saying is that a spirit filled, born again of God Christian never has to repent of ANY of their sin, past, present OR future...?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So, essentially what you are saying is that a spirit filled, born again of God Christian never has to repent of ANY of their sin, past, present OR future...?

Thank you for the question.

You are referring to the last part of my Thread, that lists Romans 4:8......which Paul wrote to the body of Christ.
It's actually taken from the Psalms....Its a prophetic verse.....as the OT Psalmist was shown the revelation of the blood atonement that was to come from God's death on The Cross as the Blood of Jesus that was shed.

So, let me rephrase your question, so that you can see my answer, that my Thread's point, regarding Romans 4:8, is teaching.

Does a person need to confess their sin, so that the blood of Jesus is shed for them again and again, every time they sin, again?

A.) No.

This particular theology that you have been taught, by a Legalist, is based on them misapplying 1st John as this idea..

"as long as i confess my sin, i keep myself saved, but if i dont, then im not saved anymore".

See that?
That is how a person takes a verse, twists it, and it become their false savior.
As now that verse to this person, is their "as long as i do that, i keep myself saved".
Yet, its Christ alone, who keeps us saved.
No confession necessary, only His shed blood and death on the Cross is necessary to save us, and He has finished our SALVATION already.....and said so from the Cross.. when God said...>"It is FINISHED".

"confessing sin", usually means that they are trying to get God to forgive their sin, ......which God as Christ has died to forgive them already.

Christ has died ONCE for all sin,,, 1st Peter says....... not just for some sin.
See, if all your sin was not taken care of by God on the Cross, then you are not saved.
So, God created salvation so that its an eternal forgiveness....completed by God Himself, as Christ on the Cross.

So, this theology of "confessing sin to stay saved" is a result of not really understanding the Cross or the Blood of Jesus, as God has provided it as a finished Salvation.

See, Salvation is FINISHED......Its not kept by us, its kept by God who GIVES IT TO YOU as "the Gift of Salvation".. never based on if we are good enough or confess all the sins we remember, as you can't confess those you forgot.
Going to Heaven, is based on What Jesus did to get you there, and never is it based on your lifestyle.

So, when a person begins to understand that God, Himself, came here to die on The Cross, to free us from our unrighteousness by giving us His, then once we see this as our REDEMPTION.. or SALVATION, we then truly understand who we have become as "the righteousness of God in Christ".
And God already sees us as this "made righteous", whose SIN....... Jesus became. Which is why Romans 4:8 says that God does not charge sin to the born again.
How can He Nancy, when God has already paid for them all, for you.
God can't die for you sin, then charge you for them, also.
So, if a person is born again.. then "Jesus became sin" for them, and died for it all...

The LIGHT bulb, comes on in your spirit when you realize....>"im confessing sin, that God has already forgiven".
When you get there, in your inner spiritual understanding, then you'll understand why people SHOUT and say....THANK YOU JESUS !!!!!!!, AND THEY DONT CArE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK !!!

If you want to confess you sin, because this makes you feel better, as that it all it does, then good.
But its better to see yourself as God sees you..and exit in this RENEWED MIND, as when you do thAT , you will find that your confessing becomes what it is......just your way of feeling better... as the sin is already forgiven by God, on the Cross, through the blood of Jesus.

Are you born again?
Not just water baptized....but born again?
If so, then God does not see your sin, Nancy. Its paid for by God's own Blood and Death, on the Cross.
God only sees you as "the righteousness of God, in Christ"......"One with God".... if you are born again.
You have to begin to only see yourself, as the same as God sees you at all times.
This is "walking in the Spirit", "in the mind of Christ".

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottA

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God understand the power of His eternal blood redemption.

Listen.......
WHY?

Past sins are all that needs to be cleansed. He then gives us His powerful grace that is the power of God to not sin. It is called freedom from sin. You just don't understand Romans 6:6-7 and Romans 6:22. If you did you would know what I'm talking about.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Past sins are all that needs to be cleansed. He then gives us His powerful grace that is the power of God to not sin. It is called freedom from sin. You just don't understand Romans 6:6-7 and Romans 6:22. If you did you would know what I'm talking about.

According to your post you are teaching that you exit in a place of spirituality where you never have another bad thought, bad desire, or commit any act of carnal behavior., as if your flesh, is not there..
So, For you to be that, you would have to be Jesus., as he is the only sinless perfection as a Human.

Paul tells us that our works of the flesh, are not "sin", and yet they are still works of the flesh.
IF you commit a work of the flesh....while its true the God has paid for it on the Cross, but its also true that the law of "sowing and reaping" will come to you.
So, while you are forgiven always, consequence on earth for sin, (works of the flesh) is....."your sin will find you out", even if, all your sin is forgiven, as "sowing and reaping"..."seedtime and harvest", applies to your DEEDS, no matter if you are "under the law".. or.."under Grace".

Its because we are no longer under the law, that the law has no power/dominion to define our works of the flesh as a specific sin, or us as sinners.
Yet, our flesh, the lust of our flesh, is always wanting what it wants, and our natural mind is always "enmity" against the truth of God, and the commandments and law.

So, while it is true that the born again spirit always remains the same righteousness as God, its is also a fact that this redeemed sinless part of us is connected to a body and a mind that is disconnected from righteousness, and these 2 create the desire for things of the world, = described in the New Testament as lust of the eye and flesh.
This never ends in the earthly life of a Born again person or in the life of an unbeliever.
So, when Paul says Christ always gives him the victory, this is what your verses are explaining....which is there is this in us, and there is in this world around us a pull, a enticement, to lust.....YET, if we walk in the Spirit, then the Grace of God empowers us to have victory over....at all times.....our lust.
And that is by """walking in the spirit SO THAT you dont fulfill the lusts of YOUR FLESH"""", that are always there...always.
So, while its true that Christ has dealt with ALL our sin.... WE have to deal with our "lust of the flesh", by walking in the spirit, as the "renewed mind".
We have to always be renewing our mind..always.
To master this, is to become what Paul defines as...."as many as be Perfect".

So, if you have a theology that informs you that even tho you have carnal moments, and "lust of the flesh" and commit sometimes a work of the flesh, yet you are indeed better then you were, and are more perfected......then, keep doing that.

Now, IF you look at your verses......both are teaching that sin exists, but the born again are not in bondage to it., yet, : "so that youi dont fulfill the lusts of your flesh", has not changed and will never, until you get your new body and are completely freed from your natural mind.
Your verses do not say that sin does not exit.
Paul teaches that Christ gives Him victory over "the world , the flesh, and the devil".

So, if we look at my Thread's point and topic, its simply showing believers, that their sin is ALL forgiven... so, no need to confess what is forgiven 2000 yrs ago on the Cross.
A believer has to understand this, before they begin to stop trying to confess, what is already forgiven.
Most believers, cannot see THE spiritual reality regarding who they become, "in Christ", as "the righteousness of God".
They see themselves as saved sinners, instead of how God sees the born agian always as : "Made righteous".

The born again are not sinners.......they are Saints.

They are this.....>"as Jesus IS.... so ARE the Born again...IN....THIS...World"...

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to your post you are teaching that you exit in a place of spirituality where you never have another bad thought, bad desire, or commit any act of carnal behavior., as if your flesh, is not there..
So, For you to be that, you would have to be Jesus., as he is the only sinless perfection as a Human.

Jesus was also human like us. But He was conceived with the seed of the Father, the same seed given to us when we are born again with a divine nature. The old nature called the old man or carnal flesh, shortened to "flesh" has been crucified, and we are raised with Christ as new creations. We have the mind of Christ. We also partake of the divine nature of Christ, so we are able to never stumble if we do not stay stagnant in our growth in the fruit of the Spirit. Jesus was the firstborn of many brethren. Romans 8:29-30. 2 Peter 1:2-11. If you do the steps in verses 5-7 you will never stumble. We still have free will, so make sure you teach to continuously without stopping walk in the Spirit.

You've been teaching that we will always sin. Why? You've been taught that our body retains sin. NO! Our nature within retained sin. Our body must still die because of Adam's sin, but it is just a decaying shell, so good riddance. Don't you know who Jesus is and why He died? He was manifest to TAKE AWAY our sin, and in Him is no sin. If you are teaching that we can get rid of our nature ourselves, and that it is not an immediate supernatural event, you are not teaching the truth John 8:32-36.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You've been teaching that we will always sin. Why

No, i have not been "teaching that we always sin".... so, there is no need to lie.

I said that the flesh is always the same., as Paul teaches., and that the blood of Jesus has taken care of all sin.

Read this verse......as This is Paul talking to you, charismaticlady.

"""""""walking in the spirit SO THAT you dont fulfill the lusts of YOUR FLESH"""",

See the : "dont fulfull the lusts of your flesh"?
See the '" YOUR FLESH" ?...... Thats yours..... Paul is talking to you about the "lust of YOUR flesh". Yours.
That is also what i am talking about, with you.
IF you dont like what Paul teaches, then that explain why you are not enjoying what im showing you.

Also, Jesus was not born with a sin nature.......He is the "2nd Adam", which means he was AS the 1st Adam, before the 1st Adam rebelled.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, i have not been "teaching that we always sin".... so, there is no need to lie.

I said that the flesh is always the same., as Paul teaches., and that the blood of Jesus has taken care of all sin.

Read this verse......as This is Paul talking to you, charismaticlady.

"""""""walking in the spirit SO THAT you dont fulfill the lusts of YOUR FLESH"""",

See the : "dont fulfull the lusts of your flesh"?
See the '" YOUR FLESH" ?...... Thats yours..... Paul is talking to you about the "lust of YOUR flesh". Yours.
That is also what i am talking about, with you.
IF you dont like what Paul teaches, then that explain why you are not enjoying what im showing you.

Also, Jesus was not born with a sin nature.......He is the "2nd Adam", which means he was AS the 1st Adam, before the 1st Adam rebelled.

This is what I was responding to, not lying:

"as if your flesh, is not there.."

Romans 6:6-7; Romans 6:22; Romans 8:9

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold has answered already, but what you are referring to was addressed by Paul, who even confessed that what he wanted to do, he did not do, and what he not wanted to do that he did. Even Paul. For which he also explains that there is one law or truth regarding the flesh, and another regarding the spirit of God of which one is born of anew. But, as he said, "we who are alive (in the Spirit) but remain (in the flesh)"-- we do not practice sin as we once did, but now only contend with it, just as God contends with sin in us and in the world and remains sinless, though He is in us and we in Him. This is the power of God.

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold has answered already, but what you are referring to was addressed by Paul, who even confessed that what he wanted to do, he did not do, and what he not wanted to do that he did. Even Paul. For which he also explains that there is one law or truth regarding the flesh, and another regarding the spirit of God of which one is born of anew. But, as he said, "we who are alive (in the Spirit) but remain (in the flesh)"-- we do not practice sin as we once did, but now only contend with it, just as God contends with sin in us and in the world and remains sinless, though He is in us and we in Him. This is the power of God.

Hi Scott, You must have a new Avatar, because your name sounds familiar. Its nice.

Anyway, you said: "what he wanted to do, he did not do, and what he not wanted to do that he did. Even Paul.

Yes, before he was born again of the Spirit when he was a Pharisee and was under the LAW. That section is before Christ that you are quoting. Read the chapter and see the context. And then go on to the next chapter and you will see that "the law of the Spirit of life in Christ has FREED ME from the LAW OF SIN AND DEATH. Like Romans 6:6-7 and Romans 6:22 Paul has been made free from sin. IOW Paul was made free of your statement.

• We do not have two natures, unless we choose to go back and serve Satan, Romans 6:15-16. I don't wish to do that. It seems that is what you are trying to say about our body. The body is just a shell that is decaying, thus dying, but it has nothing to do with sin. Sin originates within us, not on the outside of us. Romans 7:13. That is why when we are born again it is from within where God writes His laws on our conscience. 1 John 3:21: our nature which is our mind and heart - or spirit and soul. Now we partake of the divine nature of God. 2 Peter 1:2-11. Study those and grow. Also Romans 6:6-7 and Romans 6:22. Oh, just study the whole chapter LOL!

Reactions: Nancy

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This is what I was responding to, not lying:

:9

Here is the decepiton.

Let me quote it... as you said it.

You said.... """You've been teaching that we will always sin. Why?'""""

See that? That is not true. And when you write something about another person, that isn't true, its a lie.
Don't do that.
Just dialog.

So, again, i never said that "we always sin", or.. "you always sin"...."or i always sin".

I said that most believers are always CONFESSING THEIR SIN, and they need to understand why this is irrelevant, useless, and a waste of time.
This is my THREAD.
The THREAD is discussing, and explaining, that most believers = "confess their sin" or they are trying to "Repent of it".., as @Nancy stated.

And my Thread is very clear.. about that situation..
Its this..
"Jesus became SIN" for the world.....so, there goes your sin, if you are born again.
Then..
Romans 4:8..."God does not Charge you with your sin, if your are born again"., as how could He, when God as Christ has paid for all of them, 2000 yrs ago on The Cross.

Now...here....right here.... is where the reality of the born again, being made righteous, as "the righteousness of God in Christ", confuses believers.

First.....They get saved.
3 Days later, they fornicate, or they lie.....and then that conviction of Holy Spirit just burns them, in their conscience.
It hurts. It brings tears....remorse, a sick feeling inside. Its supposed to., as the HS is teaching you "dont do that" !!
So, they want to get rid of that horrible feeling... and because they dont understand that what they have committed, God has already bled and died to resolve, forgive and forget.....because they do not understand this.....they think...>"Ok, i have to confess that and repent of it, SO THAT.... God will forgive me".

See that?

They do not understand they are already forgiven, because they belong to a denomination that does not understand it who has taught them a LIE that has become their entire "christianity". = confessing and repenting....
They have not been taught that this FLESH ACT which they have done, has no effect on their Righteousness, in God eyes. Why? Because its not their Born Again Spirit that committed these deeds..>Its their MIND and their BODY.. It a work of the FLESH, only.
Their Born Again Spirit, is "ONE WITH GOD"< and has been separated by God, from their Flesh. Colossians 2 11-15.. Read it reader.

So, their problem is......that they don't see themselves as ONLY the born again Spirit, and are still evaluating themselves according to some "work of the Flesh" that GOD does not even recognize. And this is because GOD only SEES the BORN AGAIN SPIRIT, which has been "made righteous", and is "in Christ" and has become "ONE with God". = This is the most important revelation a believer can have, as once they are able to SEE THEMSELVES.... only as God seems them...not as a body that has lust, but as the Born Again Spirit that is going to get a new body, and already exists as..."seated in Heavenly placed in Christ...= Once this RENEWED MIND is in the believer as a revelation, as the "God perspective" ...then their first true understanding of their Salvation has begun.
Day 1 of "work out your salvation" CLASS is over, = by understanding who you have become in God's perspective, as a born again Spirit.
For some, they never understand it. They fail to get this revelation, and yet they are saved 50 yrs. And so they confess and repent and worry about losing their salvation as they stress about keeping commandments and law,...for 50 yrs.

That is a "failed discipleship"....as it is a 50 yr old babe in Christ who never grew out of their spiritual diapers.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Scott, You must have a new Avatar, because your name sounds familiar. Its nice.

Anyway, you said: "what he wanted to do, he did not do, and what he not wanted to do that he did. Even Paul.

Yes, before he was born again of the Spirit when he was a Pharisee and was under the LAW. That section is before Christ that you are quoting. Read the chapter and see the context. And then go on to the next chapter and you will see that "the law of the Spirit of life in Christ has FREED ME from the LAW OF SIN AND DEATH. Like Romans 6:6-7 and Romans 6:22 Paul has been made free from sin. IOW Paul was made free of your statement.

• We do not have two natures, unless we choose to go back and serve Satan, Romans 6:15-16. I don't wish to do that. It seems that is what you are trying to say about our body. The body is just a shell that is decaying, thus dying, but it has nothing to do with sin. Sin originates within us, not on the outside of us. Romans 7:13. That is why when we are born again it is from within where God writes His laws on our conscience. 1 John 3:21: our nature which is our mind and heart - or spirit and soul. Now we partake of the divine nature of God. 2 Peter 1:2-11. Study those and grow. Also Romans 6:6-7 and Romans 6:22. Oh, just study the whole chapter LOL!
No, but rather what Paul testified of his own struggle (as it is with all "who are alive and remain", meaning all who are saved but remain in the world), was well after his encounter with Jesus on the road to Damascus, after which I understand it was about three years before he began his ministry as appointed by Christ. At which time he spoke in present tense, not about his life before, but after being saved by Christ:

"For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do." Romans 7:15 (Present tense).​

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do." Romans 7:15 (Present tense).​

Yes.
And if you keep reading, you'll discover that Paul keep writing.

He eventually writes this........"Christ ALWAYS gives me the VICTORY".

See that? That is the continuation of your verse......where Paul was bringing you to the place of understanding WHY he had that struggle.
He explains that the struggle was to try to live the Holy life in his own power, as that is exactly how you can't do it.
So, if you keep reading... he then explains exactly HOW to live the overcoming life, how to solve it as he solved it...= which is....>"CHRIST always gives me the Victory".

Notice...>"Always"

Reactions: ScottA

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, but rather what Paul testified of his own struggle (as it is with all "who are alive and remain", meaning all who are saved but remain in the world), was well after his encounter with Jesus on the road to Damascus, after which I understand it was about three years before he began his ministry as appointed by Christ. At which time he spoke in present tense, not about his life before, but after being saved by Christ:

Just so you know, all who are alive and remain has nothing to do with a sin nature, like Romans 7 shows who were under the law and before the Holy Spirit came on Pentecost. It means those who are alive at the second coming having gone through the Great Tribulation. (Pre-trib rapture is for itching ears.) The old carnal nature has been crucified and is dead. Romans 6:6-7; Romans 6:2 and 22. We are free from sin, and we need to keep ourselves such 1 John 5:18. No active sinner goes to heaven John 8:34-36. (32 the truth shall make you free).

Past tense was used in Romans 8:2 that points to Paul being freed from the struggle of having been under the law as a Pharisee BEFORE becoming a Christian that is Romans 7:15. Those in the Church who still sin and struggling have not been born again.

Don't put so much stock in the tenses used in teaching. Look at Romans 7:9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died. Paul is still using himself, but "once without the law" was over 1300 years before Paul lived. Also if you just look at inclusiveness such as Paul and John used, you will also mistakingly believe that 1 John 1:6, 8 and 10 are about born again Christians. NO!, 1 John 1:7 is a Christian having already done verse 9. That is not continually sinning and repenting repeatedly either. It has the same meaning as Acts 2:38 to receive the Holy Spirit and become born again. How many times must we be born again? ONCE! Then keep ourselves free through obeying our conscience 1 John 5:18 and 1 John 3:21-24.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No active sinner goes to heaven.

Actually that isn't how it works.......as what you just said is.. My paraphrase....>"if you stop your sinning, you go to heaven, but if you keep sinning you go to hell".

God says....>"all that believe in my Son, i will turn into my Son".....and that is the only reason you go to heaven, or not.

"sinning" has nothing to do with it.

Also, Roman's 4:8, does not say that the born again never commit these deeds, that the law defines as SIN, but it says that God does not charge the born again with their sin.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is... "All things have become New"...

Can you please define what you mean by the word "New?"

Can you also define what the meaning of the Greek Word that is translated in the verse that has been translated as "New?"

I await your pronouncements.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Can you please define what you mean by the word "New?"

Can you also define what the meaning of the Greek Word that is translated in the verse that has been translated as "New?"

I await your pronouncements.

Jay,
During my seminary training, i studied manuscript evidence.
Other then that, i dont spend any time with "greek" texts.
Also, i find that many who do, are liars.. What i mean is.... you find the types on Forums, who can't read Koine Greek, or can barely.....and so what they do, is buy these Texts, and in them, someone has translated the Greek.. So, these morons pretend that they "read greek", but what they read is the english translation that is created by the person, inside their greek text.
See that? That is not "reading the Greek", that is reading what the translator said, and pretending that you can read it.... So, I have no use for this type of PRETENDER....
YOu can see my point?

Im a bible believer. I preach the Bible, the New Testament.....Pauline Theology.
So, the rabbit hole of "original greek" nonsense, i will not fall into, so, i would not want to get into a dialog about "what the greek says"., as when i want to know that, i open a English bible.

So, here is what is "new"....that you are referring to..

"New Creation" ... "In Christ".

So, what is the "new"?
Its the born again Spirit, that has become a 'new Creation" in Christ.
That is not your body, and its not your mind....its the BORN AGAIN SPIRIT in a person that is created by God's Holy Spirit as a ""NEW Creation".

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just so you know, all who are alive and remain has nothing to do with a sin nature, like Romans 7 shows who were under the law and before the Holy Spirit came on Pentecost. It means those who are alive at the second coming having gone through the Great Tribulation. (Pre-trib rapture is for itching ears.) The old carnal nature has been crucified and is dead. Romans 6:6-7; Romans 6:2 and 22. We are free from sin, and we need to keep ourselves such 1 John 5:18. No active sinner goes to heaven John 8:34-36. (32 the truth shall make you free).

Past tense was used in Romans 8:2 that points to Paul being freed from the struggle of having been under the law as a Pharisee BEFORE becoming a Christian that is Romans 7:15. Those in the Church who still sin and struggling have not been born again.

Don't put so much stock in the tenses used in teaching. Look at Romans 7:9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died. Paul is still using himself, but "once without the law" was over 1300 years before Paul lived. Also if you just look at inclusiveness such as Paul and John used, you will also mistakingly believe that 1 John 1:6, 8 and 10 are about born again Christians. NO!, 1 John 1:7 is a Christian having already done verse 9. That is not continually sinning and repenting repeatedly either. It has the same meaning as Acts 2:38 to receive the Holy Spirit and become born again. How many times must we be born again? ONCE! Then keep ourselves free through obeying our conscience 1 John 5:18 and 1 John 3:21-24.
Being "alive and remain" has to do with salvation, alive in the Spirit, but remaining in the world-- which is the topic of discussion.

As for the struggle of those who struggle, Paul confessed that he too struggled under the same problem, which (as you say) was after he was saved. He then explains the struggle of those saved as he himself also struggled, that seeing that in himself there was still the law of sin in his flesh, but in his mind the law of God, for which he said, "thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ."

As for the use of pass tense, the point that Paul has made, is that as long as we remain in the flesh, we struggle--not unto failure or loss of salvation, but for "those who live according to the Spirit", to triumph in Christ--"always."