All

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
ALL ______________________ALL, such a simple little word yet so often we read over it so fast it really does not even register with us. We often use it loosely without really considering what it means. We use it to make a sentence make sense or to mean in general or mostly. I find this especially true when reading scripture many times a debate over scripture could be solved just by understanding the meaning of that little word ALLThe English dictionary describes ALL as:ALL1 a : the whole amount, quantity, or extent of b : as much as possible 2 : every member or individual component of 3 : the whole number or sum of 4 : EVERY 5 : any whatever 6 : nothing but : ONLY: a : completely taken up with, given to, or absorbed by b : having or seeming to have (some physical feature) in conspicuous excess or prominence c : paying full attention with 7 dialect : used up : entirely consumed -- used especially of food and drink8 : being more than one person or thing synonym see WHOLE - all the : as much of...as : as much of a...as ALL, what an amazing little word we hear a statement that God created ALL things do we really ever contemplate what that means? We look at the stars and know God created them in ALL their beauty, but do we remember that he also created ALL the laws that govern them ALL the laws of science, physics astronomyGod created ALL mother nature and ALL the laws that govern her. We see a hurricane, or an earthquake some say oh, that is just nature it has nothing to do with Godthere they go they ignore that little word ALL.We see Nations moving in directions we don't like or cant seem to control,God says he controls All nations we are free to have an opinion about it, as God gave ALL men free will, but ALL, nations are GodsJob, Chapter 12, 023: He increaseth the nations, and destroyeth them: he enlargeth the nations, and straiteneth them again.We see science and technology make great strides and we celebrate our achievements, our inventions, our discoveries yet how often do we forget that its God that makes ALL things possible there it is again that word, ALL not some things possible ALL thingsWhen we read Gods word we often do not pay enough attention or tend to qualify this word ALL that it really does not mean ALL every time. When we read the following sentence in Psalms: Psalms, Chapter 95, 003: For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all godsWe have no problem understanding that above ALL gods means above every other god. yet when many people and church leaders read the sentence belowWe shall not All sleep, but we shall All be changed1 Corinthians, Chapter 15, 051: Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,Many seem to think that ALL used here means Some (as in the Rapture Theory) the meaning of All has not changed it still means every. All (at the seventh(last) trump. Obviously I can not quote every place in the Bible where the word All is used ,but we need to learn to pay much more attention to this little word ALL in our reading of Gods word and realize there is danger of misunderstanding many things in scripture if we do not learn the simple truth in the little word ALL. Philippians,Chapter 4,013: I can do ALL things through Christ which strengtheneth me Kriss --------------------------------------------------------------------------An interesting Bible study on the online Bible do a search on the word ALL and just read some places at random where ALL is used you may be amazed at how many timesyou didnt realize the text says ALL.

gumby

May 29, 2009
Indeed the word all is awesome and inspiring, like in phillippians 4:13 "i can do all things through christ who strengthens me"