'Amazing Grace'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
7 "For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease. 8 Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground; 9 Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant. "

Jacob was a cheat.
Peter had a temper.
David had an affair.
Noah got drunk.
Jonah ran from God.
Paul was a murderer.
Gideon as fearful.
Miriam was a gossip.
Thomas was a doubter.
Sarah was impatient.
Elijah got depressed.
Moses got angry.
Abraham was too old.
Lazarus was dead.
2 Cor 12.9. "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness."

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
by Ann Voskamp

"...we could keep looking at the headlines, as if they had answers or explanations -- or this week we could look to Him who is the answer, who offers us more than some highfalutin explanation, who offers us an experience of Himself, because He knows explanations can be cold & His arms are warm. *His arms are warm.*
Life’s detours means God wants you to run right into His arms so He can reconstruct your heart.
“When you call on Me, when you come & pray to Me, I’ll listen... I’ll give you strength. I’ll help you. I’ll hold you steady" Jer29:12,Isa41:10MSG
No matter what happens in this busted-up world this coming week, in your own beautiful world: Pray. He listens & He holds. "

-

Reactions: pia and Pisteuo

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Quote:-

The word trust is the heart word of faith. It is the Old Testament word, the word given to the early and infant stage of faith. The word faith expresses more the act of the will, the word belief the act of the mind or intellect, but trust is the language of the heart. The other has reference more to a truth believed or a thing expected.

Trust implies more than this, it sees and feels, and leans upon a person, a great, true, living heart of love. So let us “trust also in him,” through all the delays, in spite of all the difficulties, in the face of all the denials, notwithstanding all the seemings, even when we cannot understand the way, and know not the issue; still “trust also in him, and he will bring it to pass.” The way will open, the right issue will come, the end will be peace, the cloud will be lifted, and the light of an eternal noonday shall shine at last."

....Selected....

Reactions: Butterfly and FHII