Amazing Grace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Metamorphsis

Apr 15, 2023
Richmond
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I grew up attending the Methodist Church. When I was twelve years old I got fed up with all the scandals involving all the different churches. I then became an agnostic. I was not sure God even existed.

In 1982, I joined Alcoholics Anonymous and got sober. A few months later I had a profound spiritual awakening which I describe in my book Addiction to Love. Suddenly, I believed that God was real. All of my fears went away. I felt loved. Most of all, I was filled with the willingness to change.

A few weeks later, I was sitting in an AA meeting hoping the topic for discussion would be God. It wasn’t. Then I heard a voice in my head say, “Go to where they talk about God all the time.” I took this to mean I should start looking for a church.

I started visiting churches and other religions. I ended up with The Society of Friends, also known as the Quakers. They welcomed me even though I admitted I had doubts about Jesus Christ being more than a profit. But they believed men and women were equal and I loved that.

After about ten years, my faith deepened and I wanted to be baptized and take communion, and the Quakers don’t do that. So I started to going to church with my daughter who was a Seventh Day Adventist.

After a few years, I was unhappy again with the sexism and homophobia, so I stopped going to church for a few years.

In 2015 I was taking a nap and I had a dream in which Christ appeared to me and said, “Susan, I am real. I died for your sins and was resurrected. Come follow me.”

The voice went on to say that I was to work with children. This turned out to be a group of orphans in Kenya. So I started a company which I named New Beginnings ([url removed])

I still could not find the right church until I met John. He took me to a Catholic church. I fell in love with the whole experience of being Catholic. People there dedicated their whole life to Christ. The priest was wonderful. I settled in.

Within a few weeks, I decided I wanted to take the sacraments. I joined the catechism class and studied hard. Then in 2003 I was confirmed, baptized and took holy communion. I was happier than I had ever been.

There are many paths to God, but for me the Catholic experience speaks to me. By this I mean I have found relief from depression in this church. I can go to church everyday if I want. I can also take communion every time I go to mass.

The spiritual path suits me. I hope you find a path to enlightenment that offers you the “peace of God that passes all understanding.”crossflowers.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: