An important opportunity to help a people read Gods word (No money needed!!!)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Hi my brothers and sisters in Christ

I hope you are all well and are being blessed everyday.

I received this email from a dear friend in the Salvation army here is Australia and I thought it was a great idea and would be a great opportunity for any one here to reach out if you can help. If you can help please private message me and I can give you my address.

Here is the email I received.

Yesterday I was talking to a friend who has recently come back from a Mission trip to Cambodia.

Brendon is an Optometrist. His church had received a call for help from a lady who was leading a church in Cambodia who said that her people had a hunger for reading the bibles they had been given but their eye sight was so bad that they couldn’t. So Brendan, his wife and their two teenage children went over there for a couple of weeks and experienced a life changing experience.

Brendon said that he was in a village where the people came to have their eyes tested by him and they came clutching their bibles in their hands. Brendon’s face lit up as he shared with me the stories of the excitement on the people’s faces as they received their glasses and opened their bibles and read them for the first time.

These people are so poor (they will never be able to buy their own glasses) that without our help they will not be able to live a normal life let alone be able to learn more about God through the reading of His Word.

While talking with Brendon I asked would it be helpful if I approached people about donating their old glasses/spectacles and he was overjoyed.

Brendon and his family are planning to go back to Cambodia again as there are so many people in need over there.

So I am asking PLEASE if you have any old glasses (adults or children’s or sunglasses) at home could you give them to me to pass on to Brendon for the people in Cambodia?

Also, if you could PLEASE circulate this email to your family and friends for their support too that would be great. We have an amazing opportunity to help change lives.
Bless you and thank you in anticipation

Attachments

• glasses.jpg
    glasses.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Angelina