An Important Prophecy re Israel's History

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
‘And He said, Go, and tell this people,
Hear ye indeed, but understand not;
and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
Make the heart of this people fat,
and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes;
lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears,
and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.’

(Isaiah 6:9-10)

Hi there,

This prophecy is of great importance in Israel’s history: Written down seven times, in:-
Matthew 13:14; Mark 4:12; Luke 8:10; John 12:40; Acts 28:26-27;Romans 11:8: and quoted on three occasions of great dispensational crises:-

1) By Christ, in Matthew 13:14, as coming from Jehovah on the day a council was held to destroy Him.

2) By Christ, in John 12:40-41, as coming from Messiah in His glory after councel taken to put Him to death (John 11:53, and compare 12:37)

3) By Paul, in Acts 28:25-27, as coming from the Holy Spirit when, after a whole day’s conference, the Jewish Elders believed not.

* I believe the warning given by Paul in Acts 13:40-41, and quoted from Habakkuk 1:5 refers to this too, and the mystery of Israel's blindness in Romans 11:25.

Any thoughts to share?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
OT Israel blindness is what is being talked about here, because they did not have the Holy Spirit, but some did receive it as Holy Moses said they would because they were true to God. it was and is due to the hardening of their hearts, worldly ignorance ! I am not surprised at all in this for that is carnal man abiding in the Stain of original Sin. they think that they are the ones who will bring in the Kingdom but sadly it's only a mans works devoid of Jesus Christ.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
OT Israel blindness is what is being talked about here, because they did not have the Holy Spirit, but some did receive it as Holy Moses said they would because they were true to God. it was and is due to the hardening of their hearts, worldly ignorance ! I am not surprised at all in this for that is carnal man abiding in the Stain of original Sin. they think that they are the ones who will bring in the Kingdom but sadly it's only a mans works devoid of Jesus Christ.

Hello Reggie,

Thank you for responding. I was surprised to see it, for I doubted whether anyone would be interested enough to do so. I am glad you did.

* I find the times and occasions which this prophecy is repeated interesting, because it identifies decisive moments in the ministry of Christ, and in the history of Israel, but also pinpoints the time when salvation was finally sent to the gentiles independent of the nation of Israel.

* In Isaiah 6, Isaiah receives a glorious vision of great solemnity and importance, and is given a mission to accomplish by God, in regard to Judah and Jerusalem. Isaiah's question in regard to this was, 'How long?' How long would this blindness (6:9-10) continue?

* On the three occasions in which the words of Isaiah 6:9-10 are repeated in the New Testament, in Matthew 13:14-15; John 12:40; and Acts 28:26, they are connected in a remarkable way to:-

- God the Father;
- God the Son; and
- God the Holy Spirit.

- In Matthew 13:14, it is the prophetic word of Jehovah which is referred to.
- In John 12:40, we learn that it was Christ's glory that Isaiah saw.
- In Acts 28:26, we read, 'Well spake the Holy Ghost, by Isaiah.'

* So this 'blindness' was the subject of special revelation, and was no secret. It was there revealed that it was to last as long as the land remained desolate 9:-

'Then said I, "Lord, how long?" And He answered,
Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant,
.. and the houses without man,
.... and the land be utterly desolate,
...... And the LORD have removed men far away,
........ and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.
But yet in it shall be a tenth,
.. and it shall return,
.... and shall be eaten:
...... as a teil tree, and as an oak,
........ whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves:
.......... so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof.'

* But there was one thing connected with it which was kept secret, and that was afterwards revealed in Romans 11:25, where, speaking of this blindness, it is written:-

'For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery,
.. lest ye should be wise in your own conceits;
.... that blindness in part is happened to Israel,
...... until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written,
.. There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer,
.... and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
...... For this is my covenant unto them,
........ when I shall take away their sins.'

(Rom 11:25-27)​

* Here the 'secret', or, The Mystery of Israel's Blindness is revealed, and the answer to the question, 'How long?' is fully revealed. So we are not in ignorance as to the duration of this 'blindness in part', we know when it was announced, and we know when it will come to an end.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
- In Acts 28:26, we read, 'Well spake the Holy Ghost, by Isaiah.
'

Hello again,

I would like to look at the events surrounding the references made to Isaiah 6:9-10 by the Lord Himself, and by Paul, to see it's significance in each case, starting with Matthew 13:14:-

* The disciples had enquired of the Lord, why He had begun speaking to the people in parables, to which He replied,

''He answered and said unto them,
"Because it is given unto you to know
the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven,
but to them it is not given. ... '

(Matthew 13:10-11)

* Here we have another reference to 'mysteries' or 'secrets'. This time they would be revealed to the disciples, and be hidden from the general populace, and the reason is given with the quotation from Isaiah 6:9-10, in Matthew 13:13-17. Parables were spoken in order to hide truth and not to reveal it, to cloak it in mystery, so that they who did not have eyes to see and ears to hear would not hear it. Why was this done? I believe the answer to that is found in the preceding chapter in the words and actions of the Pharisees, who not only took council together against Him, seeking how they may destroy the Lord, in Matthew 12:14, but they also became guilty of gross blaspheme in ascribing His words to Beelzebub, the prince of Devils in Matthew 12:24, to which our Lord responded solemnly in Matthew 12:31-32.

* As the Lord was rejected, so the truth became veiled, and would be revealed only to those whose ears were open to receive it.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
- In Acts 28:26, we read, 'Well spake the Holy Ghost, by Isaiah.'

'But though He had done so many miracles before them,
.. yet they believed not on Him:
That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake,
.. Lord, who hath believed our report?
.... and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?
(Isaiah 53:1)
Therefore they could not believe,
.. because that Esaias said again,
.... He hath blinded their eyes,
...... and hardened their heart;
........ that they should not see with their eyes,
.......... nor understand with their heart,
............ and be converted,
.............. and I should heal them.
These things said Esaias, when he saw His glory, and spake of Him.'
(John 12:37-41)

Hello again,

Here in John 12, again, we have the words of Isaiah 6:9-10 quoted, and in John 11:46-57 we can read of the plotting which took place between the chief priests and the Pharisees in the council of the Sanhedrin, in which they sought to take Him, when He came up to the feast, and sought also to put Lazarus to death, because through the miracle performed upon him by the Lord, so many had believed that the Lord Jesus Christ was the Messiah (12:10). Here, again there is rejection and disbelief leading up to the quoting of Isaiah 6:9-10. The witness of the words that He spoke and the works that He performed was rejected (12:37), of Whom it was said by God to Moses:-

'I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee,
and will put My words in His mouth;
and He shall speak unto them all that I shall command Him.
And it shall come to pass,
that whosoever will not hearken unto My words
which He shall speak in My name,
I will require it of him.'

(Deuteronomy 18:18-19)

Compare:-

'He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not My words,
hath one that judgeth him:
the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
For I have not spoken of Myself;
but the Father which sent Me,
He gave me a commandment,
what I should say, and what I should speak.
And I know that His commandment is life everlasting:
whatsoever I speak therefore,
even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.'

(John 12:4850-)

* This was yet another moment of crises, marked by the quotation from Isaiah 6:9-10.

Thank you for following through with me.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
- In Acts 28:26, we read, 'Well spake the Holy Ghost, by Isaiah.
'

'And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed,
after that Paul had spoken one word,
Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers, Saying,
.. "Go unto this people, and say,
.... Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand;
...... and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
........ For the heart of this people is waxed gross,
.......... and their ears are dull of hearing,
............ and their eyes have they closed;
.............. lest they should see with their eyes,
................ and hear with their ears,
.................. and understand with their heart,
.................... and should be converted,
...................... and I should heal them."
Be it known therefore unto you,
.. that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles,
.... and that they will hear it.
And when he had said these words, the Jews departed,
.. and had great reasoning among themselves.'

(Act 28:25-29)

Hello just once more,

Here again is a moment of crisis, with the elders of the Jews of the dispersion, again we see rejection of the word of God concerning Christ Jesus: this time spoken by Paul. So that both in the land of Israel, and among the Jews of the dispersion there was rejection of the Lord Jesus Christ as the Messiah. This marks the point of departure for the nation of Israel, into darkness and unbelief: and the sending of the salvation of God to the Gentiles. No longer was Israel first, no longer did they have a prior position. Salvation was no longer of the Jew (John 4:22).

* Now The Mystery would be made known, through Paul, revealed to Him by God, while in prison in Rome, as the Lord's Prisoner, concerning the Church which is the Body of Christ: in which both Jew and Gentile are equal and united in Christ Jesus in a way that they could not have been while Israel still held their prior position.

* This knowledge, which had been 'hid in God' since the world began (Ephesians 3:9 & Colossians 1:26), would now be made known in Paul's later epistles, (Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Timothy , Titus and Philemon) on the foundation of the teaching of Romans 5:12-8:39: in which the believer is seen to be identified with Christ Jesus their risen Lord; in His death, burial, quickening and resurrection. Then in Ephesians we see, by revelation, that they are also identified with Him in His ascension to God's right hand: where they await His appearing in glory; to appear with Him there in resurrection glory (Colossians 3:4) .

Praise God! Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi there,

This prophecy is of great importance in Israel’s history: Written down seven times, in:-
Matthew 13:14; Mark 4:12; Luke 8:10; John 12:40; Acts 28:26-27;Romans 11:8: and quoted on three occasions of great dispensational crises:-

1) By Christ, in Matthew 13:14, as coming from Jehovah on the day a council was held to destroy Him.

2) By Christ, in John 12:40-41, as coming from Messiah in His glory after councel taken to put Him to death (John 11:53, and compare 12:37)

3) By Paul, in Acts 28:25-27, as coming from the Holy Spirit when, after a whole day’s conference, the Jewish Elders believed not.

* I believe the warning given by Paul in Acts 13:40-41, and quoted from Habakkuk 1:5 refers to this too, and the mystery of Israel's blindness in Romans 11:25.

Any thoughts to share?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

The ones Paul pointed to in Romans 11:8 is about the unbelieving Jews represented by the "house of Judah". Many of them still reject Christ Jesus today.

The majority of the children of Israel have believed the way I see it historically. I know this idea isn't popular, but only because it's not studied in most Churches, the seminaries claiming it's too controversial.

In Romans 9, Apostle Paul quoted a Scripture from the Book of Hosea to Roman Gentile Christians. Thing is, the Book of Hosea was written to the ten tribes of the northern "kingdom of Israel", how God would no longer be their God, and He told Hosea to name one of his sons 'Lo-Ammi', meaning 'not My people'. Then in final per Hosea, in the place where that was said to them, it will then be said 'Ye are the sons of the living God' (Hosea 1).Paul quoted that to Roman Gentiles.

Thus that shows the ten tribes aren't really lost, but are among the Gentiles who received Christ Jesus, and that applies to many of the scattered Jews also who have believed. This is why James addressed the 12 tribes scattered abroad.

The prophecy that this would happen is also written specifically about God's promise to Jacob that of his seed would come not just one nation, but also "a company of nations", meaning Christian nations (Genesis 35:11). This too is what Apostle Paul was talking about in Romans 4 and Galatians 3 about those of Faith on the Promise have become 'the children of Abraham'.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Any thoughts to share?
Since God knows all things, He anticipated the rejection of Christ by the Jews. That too is prophetically revealed. Indeed, He planned to use that in order to bring about the crucifixion, and later to bring about the conversion of the Gentiles.

Reactions: charity

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since God knows all things, He anticipated the rejection of Christ by the Jews. That too is prophetically revealed. Indeed, He planned to use that in order to bring about the crucifixion, and later to bring about the conversion of the Gentiles.

He will also use it to convert many of those Jews He blinded away from The Gospel back into the fold, once Jesus returns (see end of Zechariah 12).

Reactions: charity

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The ones Paul pointed to in Romans 11:8 is about the unbelieving Jews represented by the "house of Judah". Many of them still reject Christ Jesus today.

The majority of the children of Israel have believed the way I see it historically. I know this idea isn't popular, but only because it's not studied in most Churches, the seminaries claiming it's too controversial.

In Romans 9, Apostle Paul quoted a Scripture from the Book of Hosea to Roman Gentile Christians. Thing is, the Book of Hosea was written to the ten tribes of the northern "kingdom of Israel", how God would no longer be their God, and He told Hosea to name one of his sons 'Lo-Ammi', meaning 'not My people'. Then in final per Hosea, in the place where that was said to them, it will then be said 'Ye are the sons of the living God' (Hosea 1).Paul quoted that to Roman Gentiles.

Thus that shows the ten tribes aren't really lost, but are among the Gentiles who received Christ Jesus, and that applies to many of the scattered Jews also who have believed. This is why James addressed the 12 tribes scattered abroad.

The prophecy that this would happen is also written specifically about God's promise to Jacob that of his seed would come not just one nation, but also "a company of nations", meaning Christian nations (Genesis 35:11). This too is what Apostle Paul was talking about in Romans 4 and Galatians 3 about those of Faith on the Promise have become 'the children of Abraham'.

'As He saith also in Osee,
I will call them My people, which were not My people;
and her beloved, which was not beloved.
that in the place where it was said unto them,
Ye are not my people;
there shall they be called the children of the living God.'

(Rom 9:25-26 )
Quoted from Hosea 2:23 and Hosea 1:9-10

Hello @Davy,

Picking up on your reference to Romans 9:25-26. I believe that it is important to keep in mind the fact that the objector in this chapter is a Jew and not a Gentile. For a Gentile might object to the rejection of Esau, but no Jew would ever suggest that God was unrighteous because He rejected Edom and chose Israel (Romans 9:11-13). The pride of the Jew, so manifest in the Scriptures, would make such a suggestion impossible. The question of Romans 9:14, concerning the possibility of unrighteousness with God goes deeper; it arises out of the choice of the remnant according to the election of grace, and the corresponding passing by of the bulk of the nation. It is this, and not the 'hating' of Esau, that would create a difficulty in the mind of the Jew. So with the question of the 'hardening' of Pharoah's heart (Romans 9:17) . No orthodox Jew would have the slightest scruple or difficulty about this. What would trouble him would be the possibility that any one of the literal seed of Abraham should not find mercy.

So the words quoted from Hosea 2:23 and Hosea 1:9-10, by Paul, in Romans 9:25-26, is quoted in response to the objection of the Jews among the congregation of the Roman Church, and not to the Gentiles among them.

I agree that the 10 tribes are not lost, not to God, for He knows who they are and where.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Hello Enoch111,

Yes, God in His foreknowledge knew all that would take place.

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I typically do not subscribe to God's direct intervention in men's decisions that they make, nor in man's fallen nature. By most of the posts that I've read here, seem to imply that type of manipulation or mental constitution. First, yes, we all understand the purpose behind the Jews rejection of Christ, irrespective of what compelled them to do so. First, it revealed how much God can do for a people, and how inconceivably, they can still defy and deny Him. Two, set-up the catalyst that would lead to Christ's crucifixion. Three, allowed God to justifiably offer His grace to the Gentiles.

But, as far as the hardening of the hearts are concerned, I feel that God simply sent a sign that He knew that a certain type of person would reject, and even promote jealousy and hatred. It was a stumbling block that caused their indignation. Such a principle as a suffering Messiah, to a Jew that was proud of their chosen heritage, patriarchal lineage, Priesthood and Laws, would elicit contempt and persecution from the arrogant and shallow.
God chose a means that would expose one's heart. Thus, I don't believe that God wired certain Jews in a particular manner, that would unilaterally demand their rejection of Jesus. But rather, He presented Christ in a way that would reveal the deepest thoughts of men.

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I typically do not subscribe to God's direct intervention in men's decisions that they make, nor in man's fallen nature. By most of the posts that I've read here, seen to imply that type of manipulation or mental constitution. First, yes, we all understand the purpose behind the Jews rejection of Christ, irrespective of what the motive was behind it. First, it revealed how much God can do for a people and how inconceivably, they can still defy and deny Him. Two, set-up the catalyst that would lead to Christ's crucifixion. Three, allowed God to justifiably offer His grace to the Gentiles.

But, as far as the hardening of the hearts are concerned, I feel that God simply sent a sign that He knew that a certain type of person would reject, and even promote jealousy and hatred. It was a stumbling block that caused their indignation. Such a principle as a suffering Messiah, to a Jew that was proud of their chosen heritage, patriarchal lineage, Priesthood and Laws, would elicit contempt and persecution from the arrogant and shallow.
God chose a means that would expose one's heart. Thus, I don't believe that God wired certain Jews in a particular manner, that would unilaterally demand their rejection of Jesus. But rather, He presented Christ in a way that would reveal the deepest thoughts of men.
Hello @DNB,

Thank you for expressing your thoughts. God's sovereignty and man's personal responsibility is a difficult area, and I am reluctant to express an opinion, because I could so easily present a bias one way or the other which could tip the balance of truth and wrongly represent it.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I typically do not subscribe to God's direct intervention in men's decisions that they make, nor in man's fallen nature. By most of the posts that I've read here, seem to imply that type of manipulation or mental constitution. First, yes, we all understand the purpose behind the Jews rejection of Christ, irrespective of what compelled them to do so. First, it revealed how much God can do for a people, and how inconceivably, they can still defy and deny Him. Two, set-up the catalyst that would lead to Christ's crucifixion. Three, allowed God to justifiably offer His grace to the Gentiles.

The True Jewish people of God never rejected Jesus Christ at all, they knew him as Holy Moses said that they would. the rest of the so called Jews are not worthy of God at all, Jesus point this out in fact, remember to not even take the dust of their sandals, that's clear cut enough for you !

Yes the Jews of the day and now believe in a worldly Leader, for they do not have the Holy Spirit. even the Disciples did not know who Jesus truly was all about until the Holy Spirit came to them and then they understood who and what Jesus truly was all about. Like Jesus said to Nathaniel what he would see ?

I had one fellow I know argue with me of late that Jesus Disciples knew who Jesus was ? well yes they had faith that he was the one but they did not know him or what he was all about. Peter did not know when he loped of that dudes ear and as Jesus said get behind me Satan ? Peter thought that Jesus was going to be a worldly Leader and so did all of the Jews and anyone else for that mater, it's no surprise to me at all, as what does one expect from people who are not born again of the Holy Spirit.
Jesus Kingdom is not of this world, to mean that he is not of this corrupted Sin led world.
One must be Born again to enter into the Kingdom of God.
The Disciples were Jewish true to God, ones who were worthy of Holy Moses and worthy of being truly called Israelites, for they Served Jesus, bar for One who sold out.
The Goyim are nothing ! the Jews are nothing ! such is all nonsense? because when one has the Holy Spirit you are Christ = a True born again Christian and that's all one needs.
Fact is as Jesus said that there is nether Jew or Gentile under His Kingdom ? so anyone who argues such is in fact just a worldly dolt. fact is that the Jews back in the days were a religious ? ones Race never cut the mustard in fact, one only read the OT to understand that fact in how such failed. their was never a Holy Race.
When I see people nowadays looking to the Jews to save them, I know that such claims are all of Satan because they are worldly claims, not to mention that all of such are flat out rejecting Jesus Christ, they are looking for Jesus Christ coming ? they do not understand that he is already here! so you want to take the hard way or the easy way ? you must be born again and that can happen before the Hellfire of after the Hellfire to come, such is only due to the deceptions and turning away from Christ Jesus.
This World is being deceived, Satan controls this world, one must understand this and in fact I am not surprised in the least.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
'As He saith also in Osee,
I will call them My people, which were not My people;
and her beloved, which was not beloved.
that in the place where it was said unto them,
Ye are not my people;
there shall they be called the children of the living God.'

(Rom 9:25-26 )
Quoted from Hosea 2:23 and Hosea 1:9-10

Hello @Davy,

Picking up on your reference to Romans 9:25-26. I believe that it is important to keep in mind the fact that the objector in this chapter is a Jew and not a Gentile. For a Gentile might object to the rejection of Esau, but no Jew would ever suggest that God was unrighteous because He rejected Edom and chose Israel (Romans 9:11-13). The pride of the Jew, so manifest in the Scriptures, would make such a suggestion impossible. The question of Romans 9:14, concerning the possibility of unrighteousness with God goes deeper; it arises out of the choice of the remnant according to the election of grace, and the corresponding passing by of the bulk of the nation. It is this, and not the 'hating' of Esau, that would create a difficulty in the mind of the Jew. So with the question of the 'hardening' of Pharoah's heart (Romans 9:17) . No orthodox Jew would have the slightest scruple or difficulty about this. What would trouble him would be the possibility that any one of the literal seed of Abraham should not find mercy.

So the words quoted from Hosea 2:23 and Hosea 1:9-10, by Paul, in Romans 9:25-26, is quoted in response to the objection of the Jews among the congregation of the Roman Church, and not to the Gentiles among them.

I agree that the 10 tribes are not lost, not to God, for He knows who they are and where.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Children of the Living God = Jesus is the Living God.
The only people as to God are in Jesus Christ in fact, as Jesus says so as to who are at the right hand or the Left.
The Tribes have gone and their is only one Tribe now under Christ Jesus, end of story. anything other is of Satan.
One must be Truly born again of the Holy Spirit. other than that one is nothing regardless.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The True Jewish people of God never rejected Jesus Christ at all, they knew him as Holy Moses said that they would. the rest of the so called Jews are not worthy of God at all, Jesus point this out in fact, remember to not even take the dust of their sandals, that's clear cut enough for you !

Yes the Jews of the day and now believe in a worldly Leader, for they do not have the Holy Spirit. even the Disciples did not know who Jesus truly was all about until the Holy Spirit came to them and then they understood who and what Jesus truly was all about. Like Jesus said to Nathaniel what he would see ?

I had one fellow I know argue with me of late that Jesus Disciples knew who Jesus was ? well yes they had faith that he was the one but they did not know him or what he was all about. Peter did not know when he loped of that dudes ear and as Jesus said get behind me Satan ? Peter thought that Jesus was going to be a worldly Leader and so did all of the Jews and anyone else for that mater, it's no surprise to me at all, as what does one expect from people who are not born again of the Holy Spirit.
Jesus Kingdom is not of this world, to mean that he is not of this corrupted Sin led world.
The Disciples were Jewish true to God, ones who were worthy of Holy Moses and worthy of being truly called Israelites, for they Served Jesus, bar for One who sold out.
The Goyim are nothing ! the Jews are nothing ! such is all nonsense? because when one has the Holy Spirit you are Christ = a True born again Christian and that's all one needs.
Fact is as Jesus said that there is nether Jew or Gentile under His Kingdom ? so anyone who argues such is in fact just a worldly dolt. fact is that the Jews back in the days were a religious ? ones Race never cut the mustard in fact, one only read the OT to understand that fact in how such failed. their was never a Holy Race.
When I see people nowadays looking to the Jews to save them, I know that such claims are all of Satan because they are worldly claims, not to mention that all of such are flat out rejecting Jesus Christ, they are looking for Jesus Christ coming ? they do not understand that he is already here! so you want to take the hard way or the easy way ? you must be born again and that can happen before the Hellfire of after the Hellfire to come, such is only due to the deceptions and turning away from Christ Jesus.
This World is being deceived, Satan controls this world, one must understand this and in fact I am not surprised in the least.
I think that you're discarding the wisdom behind the historicity of God's chosen people. You've attempted to spiritualize everything so much, that you've overlooked or rejected the profundity in the lineage of the Patriarchs, and the significance of the Law and its subsequent abrogation. Yes, there are many shadows and types throughout the Bible, but these are not idle historical facts that served no purpose but to allude to Christ. God's ways are not frivolous or superfluous. Don't simplify things too much, that you end up with 4,000 years of pointless activity between God and man.

The Holy Spirit is a very special gift that very few have received. One can easily accept the wisdom of the Gospel of Christ without ever receiving the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit. If you are claiming to have the phenomenal gift of the Spirit, then I would expect to see some phenomenal activity or proof from you. Don't retort with, only unbelievers demand proof. It's one thing to believe and have faith and be saved, and another to be endowed with the Spirit, in order to bring others to Christ with signs and wonders.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Children of the Living God = Jesus is the Living God.
The only people as to God are in Jesus Christ in fact, as Jesus says so as to who are at the right hand or the Left.
The Tribes have gone and their is only one Tribe now under Christ Jesus, end of story. anything other is of Satan.
One must be Truly born again of the Holy Spirit. other than that one is nothing regardless.
Hello @Reggie Belafonte,

Though the nation of Israel is at present in a Loammi state, 'Not My People', they will one day once more be called by God, 'My People', as prophesied in the Old Testament Scriptures (e.g., Hosea 1:10 & Hosea 2:23). In regard to the gospel, they are enemies for our sakes, but in regard to the election of God, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. For blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. God has not cast away His People (Romans 11:1).

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: DNB

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think that you're discarding the wisdom behind the historicity of God's chosen people. You've attempted to spiritualize everything so much, that you've overlooked or rejected the profundity in the lineage of the Patriarchs, and the significance of the Law and its subsequent abrogation. Yes, there are many shadows and types throughout the Bible, but these are not idle historical facts that served no purpose but to allude to Christ. God's ways are not frivolous or superfluous. Don't simplify things too much, that you end up with 4,000 years of pointless activity between God and man.

The Holy Spirit is a very special gift that very few have received. One can easily accept the wisdom of the Gospel of Christ without ever receiving the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit. If you are claiming to have the phenomenal gift of the Spirit, then I would expect to see some phenomenal activity or proof from you. Don't retort with, only unbelievers demand proof. It's one thing to believe and have faith and be saved, and another to be endowed with the Spirit, in order to bring others to Christ with signs and wonders.
Hello @DNB,

I would like to comment on your words in the last paragraph, concerning the Holy Spirit. For I believe that those who have trusted in Christ, having heard and believed the word of truth, the gospel of salvation, are also in Him 'sealed' with that Holy Spirit of promise: which is the 'earnest' or pledge of our inheritance, until our redemption, unto the praise of His glory (Ephesians 1:13-14).

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello @DNB,

I would like to comment on your words in the last paragraph, concerning the Holy Spirit. For I believe that those who have trusted in Christ, having heard and believed the word of truth, the gospel of salvation, are also in Him 'sealed' with that Holy Spirit of promise: which is the 'earnest' or pledge of our inheritance, until our redemption, unto the praise of His glory (Ephesians 1:13-14).

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Understood charity, but as far as the demonstration of it goes, or those who profess to have it, I believe that there's a profound difference between what compels one to confess Christ as their Saviour, and manifesting the gifts or testimony of the Spirit as was so prevalent in the Apostolic age.
When people throw their endowment of the Spirit around, as much as RB was doing, I tend to question their understanding of what it means to have it, in the manner that you defined/cited above.
Because honestly, it is quite the mystery how, as according to Scripture, each believer has this Spirit, and yet, we all can remain as impotent as any unbeliever, outside of having the words of wisdom of the Bible.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Understood charity, but as far as the demonstration of it goes, or those who profess to have it, I believe that there's a profound difference between what compels one to confess Christ as their Saviour, and manifesting the gifts or testimony of the Spirit as was so prevalent in the Apostolic age.
When people throw their endowment of the Spirit around, as much as RB was doing, I tend to question their understanding of what it means to have it, in the manner that you defined/cited above.
Because honestly, it is quite the mystery how, as according to Scripture, each believer has this Spirit, and yet, we all can remain as impotent as any unbeliever, outside of having the words of wisdom of the Bible
Hello @DNB,

What do you believe should be evident in the lives of believers who have received the indwelling new nature within which the Holy Spirit operates? How, for example, is it evidenced in your own life and witness?

In Christ Jesus
Chris