And Thy House

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
How many of you believe God will save your families and loved ones???

Acts 16:31-33 (KJV)
[sup]31 [/sup]And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. [sup]32 [/sup]And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. [sup]33 [/sup]And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010

[sup]31 [/sup]And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. [sup]32 [/sup]And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. [sup]33 [/sup]And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.
This is just one of God's many promises to save our families.

Matthew 21:22 (NKJV)
[sup]22 [/sup]And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina

I most definitely do.Hey something we seem to agree on.
smile.gif

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
The people of his house were saved because they also heard and believed, not because the jailor heard and believed.

Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Act 16:32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
Act 16:33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.
Act 16:34 And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

Reactions: TexUs

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
The people of his house were saved because they also heard and believed, not because the jailor heard and believed.
Exactly.

Anytime you run over a verse like this that seems to contradict the rest of scripture you must ask yourself if your INTERPRETATION is off. Then take a look at the context and go from there.

Ducky, I quietly laugh anytime I read the KJV. "spake".

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
I use the KJV with the Hebrew and Greek all of the time.
I use the Hebrew and Greek as well, however for the translation in my language I prefer something in the language I use. (Old English isn't what I use).

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Oh, so you don't believe that God keeps His promises?
God did not promise to save everyone.

Mt 7 Narrow is the way and FEW there be that find it ...

Ducky, I quietly laugh anytime I read the KJV. "spake".
I started off with the KJV and it was tough indeed : ) But I had never read the Bible untill I was 30.

I use the Hebrew and Greek as well, however for the translation in my language I prefer something in the language I use. (Old English isn't what I use).
I have at least 14 English translations on my computer. It is very helpful to compare all 14 at the same time.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
God did not promise to save everyone.

Mt 7 Narrow is the way and FEW there be that find it ...

You said family members did you not?

Ahh yes here it is.
[font="tahoma][size="2"]
This is just one of God's many promises to save our families.
[/size][/font]

[font="tahoma] [/font][/color]
[font="tahoma][size="2"]So is that just a few of our family members or just a few of our families in general??? Is it your family and not mine?[/size][/font]

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
You said family members did you not?

Ahh yes here it is.

[font="tahoma][size="2"]So is that just a few of our family members or just a few of our families in general??? Is it your family and not mine?[/size][/font]
God's promises are for those who believe them. However there are conditions.

Revelation 22:14 (NKJV)
[sup]14 [/sup]Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
God's promises are for those who believe them. However there are conditions.

Revelation 22:14 (NKJV)
[sup]14 [/sup]Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

So what are the conditions of the promise of saving your family?

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Family won't save you. Blood won't save you.

John 1:12-13, "Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God- children not born of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God."
I started off with the KJV and it was tough indeed : ) But I had never read the Bible untill I was 30.

I have at least 14 English translations on my computer. It is very helpful to compare all 14 at the same time.
Yes I use my computer often as well however my study Bible is a key tool- that's in the language I speak (Old English is not it).
I've only found a couple of places the ESV has translation problems so far, it's highly accurate... Unless I have a need or doubt what's translated I find myself decreasingly looking to other translations.
I guess I just never saw the draw to a language that's not spoken anymore (Again, original text aside). The KJV has many flaws, so I guess it comes down to tradition more than anything I'd suppose.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Family won't save you. Blood won't save you.
But faith will.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Why all of sudden the shyness? Do you know what the conditions are of this promise you spoke of earlier?

Yes, your family will be saved "if" each member "believes in Christ." Each individual must make the decission for him/her self.

Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Act 16:32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Yes, your family will be saved "if" each member "believes in Christ." Each individual must make the decission for him/her self.

I agree with this also
smile.gif

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Why all of sudden the shyness? Do you know what the conditions are of this promise you spoke of earlier?
Why the nonsense? I stated "the same as usual" conditions for Christians to receive anything from God. Faith and obedience.

This promise is to ALL Christians who believe the promise. God will change the hearts of a Christian's family if he believes the promise. God changes hearts.