Angels are more able to evolve than man, what does that prove? Should we aspire to be like angels? Ruminate with me!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there!

So this is one of those "how many angels can you fit on the head of a pin?" questions. However, it is a comparison between Man and Angels. The whole issue is what will find life more, those that believe in Evolution and those that believe in Creation? (Bear in mind that I am a compatibilist, I think Evolution and Creation complement each other). The problem with this being the issue, is context: I do not give up my belief in Creation, simply because the theory of Evolution accounts for some changes and not others. We need context, where mutual inclusivity can facilitate co-operation, the Evolutionists becoming domestic and the Creationists becoming providers of industrial goods. I mean we must see these things naturally: sheep make excellent wool, cats once hunters of the plain, make excellent pets. Our life is not at stake if we choose one or the other - and yet if we are honest with ourselves, we want the threat of death, to continue to drive us So what about angels?

Angels present an interesting case, when it comes to Evolution; angels do not have the same selection pressures men do, some might say that they have greater - its hard to know. What is clear is that an angelic being has much more potential to evolve, than a Man - so to we may assume an angel is more able to develop design than Man: that's sort of what I am trying to say; there is a context in which both Evolution and Creation would like to agree, viz, that there is more in Heaven than on Earth if you can access it. Now I am not going to say something silly and suggest that we should entreat these angels to share their Evolution or Creation with us, but rather that the Holy Spirit would counsel us, why it is we want one kind of life and not another. At some point how we surrender our lives, as God has given us, will be more important than what kind of power or attraction governs our attitudes about it. It's almost like we need to surrender our lives, before we even get to find out what our lives meant. But what does God think?

The thing is that God has a fixed standpoint, He creates Man in His Image, that is, God does not reflect on what we do about this or that selection pressure, but what Word we give to what gives us spirit, in this life, come what may. That is why it is very important, to bear in mind that it is the Holy Spirit we are asking for counsel. The Holy Spirit alone gives us life - how ever that life is tested before it reaches us. In other words the Holy Spirit gives us a constant, which if we have context, we can benefit from. But back to the point, there is an expectation in God, that something made in His Image will survive many trials and that something made for His Image (as animals are) will have a very hardy answer - not just "an answer", but 'a hardy answer'. This only makes sense if there are angels, that tend to God's Creation and the Evolution of that Creation, which are able to bring to bear something that will deliver God's creatures from the snare of this world. We literally want to get away from the idea that God simply pits Evolution against Creation, with no mediator. But is it Angels or is it the Holy Spirit, though?

Certainly the Holy Spirit can command Angels, that I think is we the order of command, that God represents becomes relevant: Jesus creates (and doesn't evolve) and the Holy Spirit intercedes that neither Creation nor Evolution suffer, if anything the trials they face in this world. There is power in this, God is not so partial to Creation that He cannot allow it to Evolve; nor is God so full with the Evolution of the species, that He runs out of ways to evolve them further. The point is to manage the risk and outcome, so that both Evolution and Creation can breathe (if you will), at times adapting, at other times remaining constant. This is work. It is work that the Holy Spirit does. What is less clear, is what is the motive. if we knew the context in which this was playing out, we could pick and choose what selection pressures we responded to and in what way. But that is a bit much, when we remember that it is remaining humble that is our goal?

What is remarkable about humility, is that it makes all connections with Evolution and Creation easier. It's like there is a load of selection pressure taken off, when you admit that your expectations are far lower than God's expectations. God can create a path, that will bless you to walk down, but you have to admit that you are a sinner, that your Evolution isn't working and your Creation isn't strong enough. We don't get out what we don't put in, spiritually. Again the Holy Spirit can manage this, but only if we confess to Him - maybe we will have to do that, for life (pray)! That said, it would be a lot easier if we had the context I was talking about earlier - is it the Holy Spirit's will that we have it easier? Maybe that is your answer right there: He never promised it, maybe we won't get it? Be empowered, the conversation does not end there, but we must be mindful, at least of the burden we will lift off our children, as pertains the Evolution and Creation that ceased to matter as much as we thought it would. It's not a travesty of a conclusion, there will be power we get if we liberate our children, because in part they will live in us. You might want to think about that for a moment.

God bless. I hope you are able to tease apart your motives and find true commitment. Share your inspiration!

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mark 12:25
For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

Reactions: Gottservant

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The thing which strikes me, about the notion that we can evolve in Heaven (with Angels), is that that is a great way to overcome.

Overcoming is not something that plays a part in the theory of Evolution, but is clearly needed if we are to do something about our sin nature - the desire to mutate that which is good, and to add to the destruction of that which is evil.

God is Spirit, He holds us to account for what we do with our Spirit - therefore I have said that we need to overcome sin.

The problem with Evolution is that it promotes overcoming (through adaptation) but says nothing about sharing that overcoming - each one is left to evolve on its own (which is not a socially strong approach). Shared adaptation is far more powerful, than selfish ambition. Besides that, only by sharing do you get a choice, as to what defines your Evolution.

We know that Jesus helps us overcome, how long will it be until Evolution is on board?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are two problems.
1 it denies what scripture says.
2. It glorifies man's reasoning over God's word.

Who do you believe? God or fallen man.
The reality is that the way it is described is delusional.

However, it is a delusion that God tolerates, therefore we must also learn to live with God's tolerance.

The point is if you describe it properly, there is still a remnant of strength left to sustain.

Reactions: BeyondET

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The reality is that the way it is described is delusional.

However, it is a delusion that God tolerates, therefore we must also learn to live with God's tolerance.

The point is if you describe it properly, there is still a remnant of strength left to sustain.

What makes you think that God tolerates sin.
Evolution is man attempting to do away with God.
Dawkins claims that evolution enables him to be an atheist.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two problems.
1 it denies what scripture says.
2. It glorifies man's reasoning over God's word.

Who do you believe? God or fallen man.
Man was created from the dirt.

All the different properties that constitute dirt is where man came from I dont see a issue.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes you think that God tolerates sin.
Evolution is man attempting to do away with God.
Dawkins claims that evolution enables him to be an atheist.
If anyone thinks there was no God who said let the earth bring forth life than probably so but if not then definitely not a sin.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Man was created from the dirt.

All the different properties that constitute dirt is where man came from I dont see a issue.

The issue is who caused things to happen.
If it is all of Gods spoken word, then we should listen and follow what God has revealed.

If how ever God has had nothing to do with creation then we should abandon God and become atheists.

Reactions: Cassandra

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The issue is who caused things to happen.
If it is all of Gods spoken word, then we should listen and follow what God has revealed.

If how ever God has had nothing to do with creation then we should abandon God and become atheists.
It's not a issue for me, God is the Creator

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This idea (of learning from angels) sits with me differently, at different times. Sometimes I feel like it is pie in the sky, other times I feel like "maybe there is more potential to this, than I thought?" There is a real problem, with focusing on "needed selection pressures" because they are supposed to 'happen to you' not be sought out. If I did it for my entire life, then I would have strength and tallness - maybe that is what I am missing "commitment"!

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's not a issue for me, God is the Creator
Depends where one is coming from.
People like Hugh Ross believe God is the creator, who used evolution to create.
This is despite the very real problems of death being the consequences of sin, but was there in the millions of years prior to Adams fall and that God before Adam fell, declared that the creation was good.
In the view of Christians who believe in evolution, death iand disease is good, for these things are part of evolution.

Reactions: Cassandra

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Once we realise what the power of the Holy Spirit was, we will no longer worry what the evil of the Devil was going to be!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi there!

So this is one of those "how many angels can you fit on the head of a pin?" questions. However, it is a comparison between Man and Angels. The whole issue is what will find life more, those that believe in Evolution and those that believe in Creation? (Bear in mind that I am a compatibilist, I think Evolution and Creation complement each other). The problem with this being the issue, is context: I do not give up my belief in Creation, simply because the theory of Evolution accounts for some changes and not others. We need context, where mutual inclusivity can facilitate co-operation, the Evolutionists becoming domestic and the Creationists becoming providers of industrial goods. I mean we must see these things naturally: sheep make excellent wool, cats once hunters of the plain, make excellent pets. Our life is not at stake if we choose one or the other - and yet if we are honest with ourselves, we want the threat of death, to continue to drive us So what about angels?

Angels present an interesting case, when it comes to Evolution; angels do not have the same selection pressures men do, some might say that they have greater - its hard to know. What is clear is that an angelic being has much more potential to evolve, than a Man - so to we may assume an angel is more able to develop design than Man: that's sort of what I am trying to say; there is a context in which both Evolution and Creation would like to agree, viz, that there is more in Heaven than on Earth if you can access it. Now I am not going to say something silly and suggest that we should entreat these angels to share their Evolution or Creation with us, but rather that the Holy Spirit would counsel us, why it is we want one kind of life and not another. At some point how we surrender our lives, as God has given us, will be more important than what kind of power or attraction governs our attitudes about it. It's almost like we need to surrender our lives, before we even get to find out what our lives meant. But what does God think?

The thing is that God has a fixed standpoint, He creates Man in His Image, that is, God does not reflect on what we do about this or that selection pressure, but what Word we give to what gives us spirit, in this life, come what may. That is why it is very important, to bear in mind that it is the Holy Spirit we are asking for counsel. The Holy Spirit alone gives us life - how ever that life is tested before it reaches us. In other words the Holy Spirit gives us a constant, which if we have context, we can benefit from. But back to the point, there is an expectation in God, that something made in His Image will survive many trials and that something made for His Image (as animals are) will have a very hardy answer - not just "an answer", but 'a hardy answer'. This only makes sense if there are angels, that tend to God's Creation and the Evolution of that Creation, which are able to bring to bear something that will deliver God's creatures from the snare of this world. We literally want to get away from the idea that God simply pits Evolution against Creation, with no mediator. But is it Angels or is it the Holy Spirit, though?

Certainly the Holy Spirit can command Angels, that I think is we the order of command, that God represents becomes relevant: Jesus creates (and doesn't evolve) and the Holy Spirit intercedes that neither Creation nor Evolution suffer, if anything the trials they face in this world. There is power in this, God is not so partial to Creation that He cannot allow it to Evolve; nor is God so full with the Evolution of the species, that He runs out of ways to evolve them further. The point is to manage the risk and outcome, so that both Evolution and Creation can breathe (if you will), at times adapting, at other times remaining constant. This is work. It is work that the Holy Spirit does. What is less clear, is what is the motive. if we knew the context in which this was playing out, we could pick and choose what selection pressures we responded to and in what way. But that is a bit much, when we remember that it is remaining humble that is our goal?

What is remarkable about humility, is that it makes all connections with Evolution and Creation easier. It's like there is a load of selection pressure taken off, when you admit that your expectations are far lower than God's expectations. God can create a path, that will bless you to walk down, but you have to admit that you are a sinner, that your Evolution isn't working and your Creation isn't strong enough. We don't get out what we don't put in, spiritually. Again the Holy Spirit can manage this, but only if we confess to Him - maybe we will have to do that, for life (pray)! That said, it would be a lot easier if we had the context I was talking about earlier - is it the Holy Spirit's will that we have it easier? Maybe that is your answer right there: He never promised it, maybe we won't get it? Be empowered, the conversation does not end there, but we must be mindful, at least of the burden we will lift off our children, as pertains the Evolution and Creation that ceased to matter as much as we thought it would. It's not a travesty of a conclusion, there will be power we get if we liberate our children, because in part they will live in us. You might want to think about that for a moment.

God bless. I hope you are able to tease apart your motives and find true commitment. Share your inspiration!
Maybe fallen angels evolved into aliens
citybacksmall.jpg