Angels Forgive Sins?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do Angels Forgive Sins?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Know/Not Sue

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my Spirit led reading at 3 AM, which I wrote another thread to detail the event, I came across Zechariah 3:4. The NLT translation says the Angel has taken away sins.

I read that Jews condemned Jesus for forgiving sins, claiming only God can forgive sins. Then later we read Jesus delegating this power to the Apostles. Now angels? What are your thoughts on this verse?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now angels? What are your thoughts on this verse?
You missed a very important distinction: And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.

"The angel of the LORD" is no ordinary angel. He is God the Word, the pre-incarnate Christ, who identifies Himself as the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. See Exodus chapter 3 for details.

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn’t somebody already point out to you that Hebrews is explicit that the Son of God was not an angel but above angels?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The angel of the LORD" is no ordinary angel.

Can’t agree. All angels are angels of the LORD whether one says it explicitly or not. It’s like calling someone a captain, which is saying a captain in the US Army. One expression is more formal but equally refer to the rank of the person.

How you people invent these interpretations of Scripture is something to behold.