Another Look at "The Origins of Giants After the flood"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Num 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

If one has not had the teaching of the two lines from Adam and Eve, or the teaching on Genesis chapter 6. then this is the subject to get a better understanding of the giants before the great flood by understanding who the giants were after the flood.

We know in Genesis chapter 7 the flood came and destroyed all life. but the restoring of all life came from 8 people who survived the flood.

Only Noah, and his family was the only people left on the planet at this time. if any giants came on the earth then it came through them, human, men and women, (Noah sons and their wives). These are the names of Noah sons. Genesis 9:18 & 19 "And the sons of Noah, that went forth of the ark, were Shem, and Ham, and Japheth: and Ham is the father of Canaan. 19 "These are the three sons of Noah: and of them was the whole earth overspread”.

Knowing this, the only people to exist on the entire planet came from these three sons of Noah. No giants came from any other unions, but of men, this is bible.

if we can prove that all giants after the flood was produce by human men and women then this angel theory is out the door. but, Lord's willing we will examine the sons of God before the flood also and prove that they are human in origin, and not some hybryd of angel and human woman.

We will trace some well known giants in the bible by their genealogy, like, "Goliath", and Og king of Bashan, and another little know Egyptian, a man of great stature, who was 5 cubit tall. and the mysterious sons of anak.

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the most well-known giants in the bible is Goliath. Let’s start with him. 1 Samuel 17:23 "And as he talked with them, behold, there came up the champion, the Philistine of Gath, Goliath by name, out of the armies of the Philistines, and spake according to the same words: and David heard them”. Here the scriptures say that Goliath was a Philistine. And Goliath himself tells us that he is a Philistine. 1 Samuel 17:8 "And he stood and cried unto the armies of Israel, and said unto them, Why are ye come out to set your battle in array? am not I a Philistine, and ye servants to Saul? choose you a man for you, and let him come down to me”. We know without a doubt that Goliath of Gath is a Philistine.

Now the question comes, where did the Philistine come from? Answer, let’s look at the genealogy of Noah sons and trace back to Goliath of Gath who is a Philistine. Genesis 10:6 "And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan”. One of Ham’s sons were Mizraim. Let’s look at Mizraim sons. Genesis 10:13 "And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim, 14 "And Pathrusim, and Casluhim, (out of whom came Philistim,) and Caphtorim”. As we can see Mizraim had a son name Casluhim which out of him came a people called Philistim. Philistim is the Philistines.

This is the same exact genealogy found in 1 Chronicles 1:12. Let’s compare them
1 Chronicles 1:12 "And Pathrusim, and Casluhim, (of whom came the Philistines,) and Caphthorim”.

Genesis 10:14 "And Pathrusim, and Casluhim, (out of whom came Philistim,) and Caphtorim”.
Perfect match, so we know that Philistim in Genesis 10:14 is the Philistine people of 1 Chronicles 1:12. Knowing this, the Philistine came from HAM, one of Noah sons, who had Mizraim, who had Casluhim, Human parents.

The Goliath Tree..
HAM, Mizraim, Casluhim, and Philistim.

One giant down a few more to go.

If anyone have any question about Goliath genealogy, please post it.

Next time Og king of Bashan.

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.

“The actual height of the Giants in the Bible”.

Many people who read the book of Enoch, it states that the offspring of the mating of angels and humans was each three hundred cubits tall, or approx 450 feet tall (Enoch 7:11 & 12). And the bible when reading about theses giants gives us in symbolism their height, example, Amos 2:9 "Yet destroyed I the Amorite before them, whose height was like the height of the cedars, and he was strong as the oaks; yet I destroyed his fruit from above, and his roots from beneath". Many people when they read this they think that is must be true that angels had sex with earth women to have children this tall, tall as cedars trees.

Let’s put this assumption and error to rest.

The Amorite was very tall people. They was not the height as cedar trees, which is a symbolism for a tall race of people. But they all came from normal ordinary men and women. We have their genealogy right here in the Bible. Lets look at the actual height of these giants, and see for ourselves (in the bible) if these giants were 450 feet tall as the book of Enoch states.

"The Bible Unit of Measurement"
According to the blue letter bible online, Genesis 1:1 (KJV)
or you can use any bible dictionary, a “Cubit” H520 אַמָּה 'ammah - a measure of distance (the forearm), roughly 18 in (.5m). There are several cubits used in the OT, the cubit of a man or common cubit (Dt 3.11). here it give us an example of a cubit when used as a man (the forearm)

So a Cubit is approx 18 inches, meaning 1 foot and 6 inches. And king Og, a giant, his bed was nine cubits. Deut 3:11 For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of giants; behold, his bedstead was a bedstead of iron; is it not in Rabbath of the children of Ammon? nine cubits was the length thereof, and four cubits the breadth of it, after the cubit of a man. Here the cubit used is “of a man” 18 inches.

Let’s make a conversion chart to track our measurements.

1 Cubit = 18 inches, the conversion is 1 foot and 6 inches which is 18 inches. 12 inches, plus 6 inches left over.

So 1 cubit = 1 foot and 6 inches.

king Og bed was nine cubit in length. So using the conversion chart. 9 cubit =13 feet and 6 inches

1 cubit - 1 feet 6 inches

So we have 9 cubits which gives us 9 feet so far, but there are inches to add up to. Each cubit have 6 inches left over. That makes us have 9 of 6 inches left over, quick math, 6 inches + 6 inches =1 feet.
6+6 =1 feet
6+6 =1 feet
6+6 =1 feet
6+6 =1 feet
6 inches left over.

From the cubit we have 9 feet, and with the inches leftover and added up we have 4 feet and 6 inches left over. 9 feet plus 4 feet equal 13 feet plus 6 inches left over. So king Og bed was 13 feet and 6 inches long. So Og was, safe to say 13 feet tall.

the modern world tallest man Robert Pershing Wadlow was 8 ft 11 or near Goliath the giant height.

Let’s get Goliath height. 1Sam 17:4 And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.

We have what a cubit is but what is a span?
H2239 זֶרֶת zereth (zeh'-reth) n-f.
the spread of the fingers, i.e. a span. Or approx 9 inches, or half of a cubit.

The Blue Letter Bible, Genesis 1:1 (KJV)
Has is as, a unit of measure, approx half-cubit, or the distance from the thumb to the little finger on an outstretched hand

Let’s add up Goliath height. According to 1Sam 17:4 Goliath the giant height was six cubits and a span

Using our conversion chart.

6 feet plus 3 feet equal 9 feet so far, but also he was a span which is 9 inches 1/2 of a cubit.

Goliath height was only 9 feet and 9 inches tall. As said, the tallest modern man we know of, Robert Pershing Wadlow was 8 ft 11, or 9 feet tall, that’s at or near Goliath the giant height.

in the bible, compared to normal men height, yes these Amorite and the sons of Anak was giants to them.

Today, shack, (Shaquille O'Neal), the basketball player height is 7 feet and 1 inches. But another basketball player, Yao Ming is 7 feet and 6 inches tall almost 8 feet tall. If these men was back in bible times they would have been considered as “Giants”.

So lets trace king Og family tree, lets see if any angels or space aliens show up in his genealogy.
Deuteronomy 4:47 "And they possessed his land, and the land of Og king of Bashan, two kings of the Amorites, which were on this side Jordan toward the sunrising”.

“Amorites”, the definition states,
1. "long-necked" 2. Og, a king of Bashan. 3. the Amorite king of Bashan and one of the last representatives of the giants of Rephaim
[probably from H5746]
KJV: Og.

Og was an “Amorite”, so lets see were the Amorite came from?
Gen 10:15 And Canaan begat Sidon his firstborn, and Heth,
Gen 10:16 And the Jebusite, and the Amorite, and the Girgasite,

So we see that the Amorite came from the normal man Canaan, one of Noah Grandchildren, from his son Ham. And Ham was an ordinary man, so was his wife. The only thing I can see is that he or his wife carried a gene that produce Giants, or some very tall people. I have a theory on this but I hold it for now. but king Og came from ordanary "Human" people. no angels, or space alien. his genealogy is right here in the bible.

Next time “the sons of Anak”. Interesting.

D

Dave L

“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.” (Genesis 6:4) (NASB95)

This would explain giants after the flood. Also some think the dead Nephilim became the origin of demons that roam the earth.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
height of the cedars, and he was strong as the oaks; yet I destroyed his fruit from above, and his roots from beneath".
(destroyed fruit from above)Galatians 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. (and his roots from beneath)Ephesians 4:9 Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

‘Giants’ maybe has nothing at all to do with the visual but everything to do anything that exalts itself higher than God or above Him. There are ‘giants’ today which has nothing to do with natural height; giants lifted up in high places, exalted above the oppressed and poor and broken which He said do not fear these ‘giants’ in the land. 1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them(the giants): because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Ezekiel 17:24
[24] And all the trees of the field shall know that I the Lord have brought down the high tree, have exalted the low tree, have dried up the green tree, and have made the dry tree to flourish: I the Lord have spoken and have done it .

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.” (Genesis 6:4) (NASB95)

This would explain giants after the flood. Also some think the dead Nephilim became the origin of demons that roam the earth.
true, because the Nephilim are another name for "Mighty men" which were tall human.

and two, dead Nephilim are not demons (smiles). get off those comic books.

I'll get to the sons of God before the flood later.....

D

Dave L

true, because the Nephilim are another name for "Mighty men" which were tall human.

and two, dead Nephilim are not demons (smiles). get off those comic books.

I'll get to the sons of God before the flood later.....
Most of this info comes from the Dead Sea Scrolls I've been told. And your "big and Tall" men do not fit the giants that remained up until David's time. We would still have such if what you say is true.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(destroyed fruit from above)Galatians 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. (and his roots from beneath)Ephesians 4:9 Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

‘Giants’ maybe has nothing at all to do with the visual but everything to do anything that exalts itself higher than God or above Him. There are ‘giants’ today which has nothing to do with natural height; giants lifted up in high places, exalted above the oppressed and poor and broken which He said do not fear these ‘giants’ in the land. 1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them(the giants): because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Ezekiel 17:24
[24] And all the trees of the field shall know that I the Lord have brought down the high tree, have exalted the low tree, have dried up the green tree, and have made the dry tree to flourish: I the Lord have spoken and have done it .
Now, VJ you're always on target, reading Ezekiel .... I hear you.
Ezek 28:11 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Ezek 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
Ezek 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
Ezek 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Ezek 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

also read Ezek 31:3 - 17

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of this info comes from the Dead Sea Scrolls I've been told. And your "big and Tall" men do not fit the giants that remained up until David's time. We would still have such if what you say is true.
did you not read my previous posts?.

see dave you just don't believe the bible do you?.

now, was not Goliath a "Giant?" 9' 9" tall. and he had human Mothers and our latest morden man on human record is 8' 11" or 9 feet. .... (smile).

well I guess they just don't build them that way anymore... :eek:

D

Dave L

did you not read my previous posts?.

see dave you just don't believe the bible do you?.

now, was not Goliath a "Giant?" 9' 9" tall. and he had human Mothers and our latest morden man on human record is 8' 11" or 9 feet. .... (smile).

well I guess they just don't build them that way anymore... :eek:
That's OK but it doesn't explain "sons of God" in the pre-flood era where none but Noah found grace. If they were who you think they were, many would have escaped along with Noah.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's OK but it doesn't explain "sons of God" in the pre-flood era where none but Noah found grace. If they were who you think they were, many would have escaped along with Noah.
see dave, you have no clue as to who are the sons of God in Genesis 6:2, Just as with many a christians who say the sons of God in Job 38 are angels. NO, they are not. and no, they (angels) was not created before the the foundation of the heavens and the earth was made.

but to help you out, Adam and Eve had children in the garden of Eden before they had children outside of the Garden of Eden. you did't know that, did you.

I suggest you examine Gewnesis 3:16 and 3:20 closely...... :D

D

Dave L

see dave, you have no clue as to who are the sons of God in Genesis 6:2, Just as with many a christians who say the sons of God in Job 38 are angels. NO, they are not. and no, they (angels) was not created before the the foundation of the heavens and the earth was made.

but to help you out, Adam and Eve had children in the garden of Eden before they had children outside of the Garden of Eden. you did't know that, did you.

I suggest you examine Gewnesis 3:16 and 3:20 closely...... :D
I suggest you consider the "sons of God" are not choir boys.

D

Dave L

We still have the "lab test" problem of believers not producing giants when they marry unbelievers.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We still have the "lab test" problem of believers not producing giants when they marry unbelievers.
well I'm going to give you the Lab "test" result, you might not like the result but the test result stand.

Lab result #1. on "Marrying" or Marriage of angels,
Matt 22:28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife (in marriage) shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.
Matt 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
Matt 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
MEANING ANGELS DON'T MARRY. so when in verse 2 of Genesis 6, when is says, "and they took them wives of all which they chose". the Lord Jesus just said angels "don't Marry". none of them, the Good the Bad nor the ugly.

dave, ..... dave..... dave, don't you believe what the Lord Jesus say? well then OBEY.

and he also said through his apostle Paul, "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ".

you're not after CHRIST. he said angels don't marry. get out of those tradition of men.

to help you out,
The Book of Giants
The Book of Giants - Wikipedia

Origins in ancient Jewish tradition

see dave, LAB TEST don't lie. not God Lad tests....... ;)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...this is the subject to get a better understanding of the giants before the great flood by understanding who the giants were after the flood.
The Anakim (sons or descendants of Anak) in Canaan were apparently linked to the Nephilim before the Flood, but since every living creature perished in the Flood (other than Noah and his family with the animals) that is a rather enigmatic statement below:

And there we saw the giants, (Heb Nephilim) the sons of Anak, which come of the giants (Heb Nephilim): and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight. (Num 13:33)

Then we have the Rephaim, the Zumim, the Zamzummim, and the Emim, who also lived in Canaan (Gen 14:5; Deut 20:10,11,21).

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Anakim (sons or descendants of Anak) in Canaan were apparently linked to the Nephilim before the Flood, but since every living creature perished in the Flood (other than Noah and his family with the animals) that is a rather enigmatic statement below:

And there we saw the giants, (Heb Nephilim) the sons of Anak, which come of the giants (Heb Nephilim): and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight. (Num 13:33)

Then we have the Rephaim, the Zumim, the Zamzummim, and the Emim, who also lived in Canaan (Gen 14:5; Deut 20:10,11,21).
they all are traceable to Noah sons. understand the word (Nephilim) the sons of Anak is understandable, listen
Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

another name for (Nephilim)/giants are "Mighty Men", tomorrow, God willing, I'll get to the sons of Anak.

D

Dave L

well I'm going to give you the Lab "test" result, you might not like the result but the test result stand.

Lab result #1. on "Marrying" or Marriage of angels,
Matt 22:28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife (in marriage) shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.
Matt 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
Matt 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
MEANING ANGELS DON'T MARRY. so when in verse 2 of Genesis 6, when is says, "and they took them wives of all which they chose". the Lord Jesus just said angels "don't Marry". none of them, the Good the Bad nor the ugly.

dave, ..... dave..... dave, don't you believe what the Lord Jesus say? well then OBEY.

and he also said through his apostle Paul, "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ".

you're not after CHRIST. he said angels don't marry. get out of those tradition of men.

to help you out,
The Book of Giants
The Book of Giants - Wikipedia

Origins in ancient Jewish tradition

see dave, LAB TEST don't lie. not God Lad tests....... ;)
You still have the problem of the "sons of God" existing before the creation of the heavens and earth in Job.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they all are traceable to Noah sons. understand the word (Nephilim) the sons of Anak is understandable, listen
Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

another name for (Nephilim)/giants are "Mighty Men", tomorrow, God willing, I'll get to the sons of Anak.

Ezekiel 31:11
[11] I have therefore delivered him into the hand of the mighty one of the heathen; he shall surely deal with him: I have driven him out for his wickedness.

?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still have the problem of the "sons of God" existing before the creation of the heavens and earth in Job.
Lab test result #2. no angel nor any sons of God were created before the foundation of the heavens or the earth was made. supportive scripture, and we are speaking of an anointed cherub, LISTEN to your Lab Result,
Ezek 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
Ezek 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Ezek 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

see verse 13 dave, it said in the "DAY" he was created. God created/made everything in "DAY" that's 1-7 so no angel was created/made in a "DAY" before the creation of the heavens and the earth.
Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. then afterward the "DAY" came :eek: o_O that's right angels was made in the "DAY", and not before creation.

now if you're banking on the sons of God in Job 38, Lab Result #3. read my post in the Christian Spirituality Forum under the topic, "Do you believe in aliens?" page 4 Post #71.