Another President in Office?/rapture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
I heared recently that there was a prophecy that President Bush was going to actually be reinstated for another term!I think that the only way that this could happen would be if we are at war with another country, which is highly possible, considering Iran's current situation!I know that when President Bush was first elected, I really felt like God told me that we would not have another President in Office in the United States before Jesus returns!What do you all think?

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
My friend goes to a new church. And just last week they had a little prophecy thing.One person was prophesying in tongues. And the pastor was translating. My friend described how this type of tongues was different than any type of tongues he's ever heard. They prophecy was that Jesus was coming real soon. That two people would be asleep, and one will be taken away. Two people will be working in the field. And one will be taken away.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well Im not a tongue fan as you probably know by now. but this is really no new prophesy it is basically what scripture says so I wont take issue with it. As far as the question I don't believe we will ever have another president. My opinion hereWhether its because of a natural disaster, or a terrorist attack that cause's Bush to declare Marshall Law in which case elections are cancelled according to the Law.Or the deadly wound occurs to the one world system that prevents elections.Or whether we attack Iran and start a World war.Whatever the reason I dont think we will make it long enough in our current state in the U.S. to have an election. As far as Jesus returning yes its soon but first Antichrist must appear. So its not time quite yet. We have to get through the sixth trump before Christ comes at the seventh.This is what the one in the field is about the one taken is the one that follows Antichrist/Satan the one left working in the field is what we are supposed to be doing when Christ returns The field is the world and we are to be working planting seeds and spreading Gods word. So pray you are the one left Working when Christ comes.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
It is what is meant here we are to always be working in field (world)planting our seeds waiting for the true Christ we are to always do our works they are our clothes (white Robes) in the milliumium do not be caught naked. Not doing Gods work. and worshiping the false christ (idols) when he comes. Compare this to Moses when he was on the Mt. being taught the law what were the Hebrews doing?? They got tired of waiting and made golden cows (idols to worship)that was a type a lesson to us today. Stay working in the field. God leaves none of his faithful behind to be told otherwise is a lie of men.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
How does this fall in context with what Jesus is preparing us for the end of time, in the context He's instructing us on what to be looking for!It would be different if he was addressing an issue with his disciples were being caught up with not working or not reaching anyone for Jesus. At this point in time it was quite the contrary!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Its about the Antichrist coming first we are being warned to keep working even if we hear he is here he is there we are not to listen we are to keep working.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Dear Jody What is the subject of Mat 24 is it not the coming of the Lord the harvest of his people (world) 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. (who is the great deceiver)24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. What is the opposite of wars? Peace; who comes in peacefully and prosperously? Antichrist/Satan with peace and flatery liesLuke 12:51Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division1 Thessalonians 5:3While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escapeMat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Mat 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. What did Matthew just finish telling us about the harvestMat 13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; Mat 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked [one]; Mat 13:39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. who is the wicked one? Satan and who is Satan coming as ?the false christ= antichrist. When is this parable going to take place? at the harvest of the End times. When God comes to gather his own his children are the good working in the world (field )the tares are the evil who will be plucked out. Stay working in the field dont go chasing after false christs. Blessed is he that waits upon the Lord. When you have a crop growing in the field you pull out the weeds (tares)they suck the nutrients out of the soil. Notice the word Angel (s) here plural there are good angels and fallen angels the fallen angels come first with Satan/devil when he gets kicked down to earth endof 5th/6th trump True Christ and his Angels dont come to harvest the good seed untill the 7th and last trump. Stay working in the field untill the true harvest not the fake/first harvest But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
I'm sorry Kriss, I don't buy that view!I can see how it could be viewed in this way, but I believe the warning here is, don't be left behind like the days of Noah we will be taken out of this world!If your left behind you will be destroyed!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Wrong Jesus would never leave behind one of his sheep we must learn to rightly divide the word. I think your years of rapture belief and the term left behind are influencing your being able to see this correctly. Would Jesus leave behind a faithful servant??You are talking the same subject here the End time harvest therefore to get a full picture you have to take into consideration what other things we know of this harvest. The same way when we are told about the coming of Christ you put together all the prochecys in all the books to get a picture of how he would come, One tells us he is riding a donkey, another tells us of his birth, ect.The subject of Mat. 24 is about the harvest of the end times and NO one is left behind at the end 7th trump we are ALL changed at the twinkling of an eye.There is no such thing as left behind However we are warned about being taken in by the first one coming claiming to be christ. We are allso told the good son is planting(working)39 "and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.The flood coming in the end times is the flood of lies from Satan and his fallen angels "do not be taken away"

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
But who are really being taken away in the flood of Noah?The Godly are taken into the Ark of saftey so that God could pour down his wrath on the ungodly on the earth!Also in:I Thess. 4:17It clearly states here that the believers will be taken away to be with Jesus in the Clouds!Clouds do not sound like we are going to stay on this earth!It seems like we keep coming back to this subject no matter what subject we are talking about!Interesting!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(jodycour;20460)
But who are really being taken away in the flood of Noah?The Godly are taken into the Ark of saftey so that God could pour down his wrath on the ungodly on the earth!Also in:I Thess. 4:17It clearly states here that the believers will be taken away to be with Jesus in the Clouds!Clouds do not sound like we are going to stay on this earth!It seems like we keep coming back to this subject no matter what subject we are talking about!Interesting!
Dear Jody, Matthew 24:38-39 - For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.This verse is talking about, in the days of Noah...people hast given into marriage to the fallen angels. This is an abomination to God. We are NOT going to be taken away to another ship that looks like Noah's.Genesis 6:2 - That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.We are staying on Earth. We ARE going to be in an incorruptible body at the seventh trumpet.(which my Lord comes in) The AntiChrist comes at the sixth trumpet.I Corinthians 15:52-58 - In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.We are not going to fly away nor are we going to float on another ship with another flood coming in.Love much, JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
Then how to you explain:I Thess.4:17When it clearly states that all beleivers in Jesus will be taken up to the Cloud where Jesus is?It clearly state here that we will be in the air!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(jodycour;20465)
Then how to you explain:I Thess.4:17When it clearly states that all beleivers in Jesus will be taken up to the Cloud where Jesus is?It clearly state here that we will be in the air!
I Thessalonians 4:17 - Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.Phrase words "in the air" greek word is aer #109aer ah-ayr' from aemi (to breathe unconsciously, i.e. respire; by analogy, to blow); "air" (as naturally circumambient):--air. Compare 5594.1) the air, particularly the lower and denser air as distinguished from the higher and rarer air2) the atmospheric regionLove much, JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Jody1Thess. 4:17 is the absolute worst proof in scripture of rapture it can not only disproved in the Hebrew as Jag has said .it is disproved in 2 thess and if thats not enough read the Bible history of the church of Thessalonia.Paul was only at Thessalonia for two to three weeks he started a church of Jew and gentile this new church was confused as to the second coming and were teaching a false doctrine that had crept into the new church by mis understanding Pauls first letter(1 Thess)about Christ's second coming when timothy reported this to Paul he immediately pinned his second letter to Thessaloniato correct this misunderstanding thus 2 Thess. No not be confused he says remember what I told you when I was with you the coming of the Lord WILL NOT OCCUR until after the man of lawlessnessappears (this is Antichrist/Satan) II Thessalonians 2:1 "Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,"Paul is now getting to the purpose for this second letter. Paul reminded them of his first letter to them, of Christ returning and our gathering back to Him. Because of the misunderstanding that could be drawn from the first letter, he writes the following. It's important in this final generation that we pay attention for this will happen during our life time. The subject again of this letter is; "our gathering back to Christ".II Thessalonians 2:2 "That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is [the Lord is just] at hand."Paul doesn't want you to misunderstand what he is about to say. This is why he makes it plain and simple; Paul told them not to confuse what he is saying here with any other teaching, or spirit, or even that first letter from him. This is because there was a confusing part in the first letter where false teachers had crept in and twisted Paul's words. 1Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, 2not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. 3Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. This is Satan/Antichrist4He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God. This is the Antichrist/Satan 5Don't you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? Remember I told you these things Do not be confused 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. Anti christ will be revealed and Lord Jesus will destroy him. When? at his second coming at the 7th trump and not before 9The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, this is Antichrist/Satan10and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.I honestly do not know how much clearer God can make this for you. If you are willing to put your trust in an error made by a 3 week old church at the beginning of Christianity that Paul quickly correctedinstead of the entire rest of scripture that mentions nothing about any pre-trib rapture then I guess there is not much I can say.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
History of Thessalonia:paul (with Silas and Timothy) came to Thessalonica from Philippi on his second missionary journey, stopping in Amphipolis and Apollonia before arriving here (Acts 17). He preached in the city’s synagogue, the chief synagogue of the region, for at least three weeks. His ministry was strong, and he established a Jewish-Gentile church, although it was more heavily Gentile (1 Thes. 1:9). When Paul faced great persecution at the hands of the mob, he fled to Berea, but Thessalonians eventually forced him to leave there also (Acts 17:13-14).

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
(thesuperjag;20466)
I Thessalonians 4:17 - Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.Phrase words "in the air" greek word is aer #109aer ah-ayr' from aemi (to breathe unconsciously, i.e. respire; by analogy, to blow); "air" (as naturally circumambient):--air. Compare 5594.1) the air, particularly the lower and denser air as distinguished from the higher and rarer air2) the atmospheric regionLove much, JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.
Yes Jag, I looked up the Greek definitions of this but in the same verse He mentions Clouds also!Clouds in the greek means Clouds!So where is he coming from when he says that we are going to be with the Lord in the air, and that He's going to be on the Clouds!How does breathe have anything to do with the context of this scripture?

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
(kriss;20470)
Jody1Thess. 4:17 is the absolute worst proof in scripture of rapture it can not only disproved in the Hebrew as Jag has said .it is disproved in 2 thess and if thats not enough read the Bible history of the church of Thessalonia.Paul was only at Thessalonia for two to three weeks he started a church of Jew and gentile this new church was confused as to the second coming and were teaching a false doctrine that had crept into the new church by mis understanding Pauls first letter(1 Thess)about Christ's second coming when timothy reported this to Paul he immediately pinned his second letter to Thessaloniato correct this misunderstanding thus 2 Thess. No not be confused he says remember what I told you when I was with you the coming of the Lord WILL NOT OCCUR until after the man of lawlessnessappears (this is Antichrist/Satan) II Thessalonians 2:1 "Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,"Paul is now getting to the purpose for this second letter. Paul reminded them of his first letter to them, of Christ returning and our gathering back to Him. Because of the misunderstanding that could be drawn from the first letter, he writes the following. It's important in this final generation that we pay attention for this will happen during our life time. The subject again of this letter is; "our gathering back to Christ".II Thessalonians 2:2 "That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is [the Lord is just] at hand."Paul doesn't want you to misunderstand what he is about to say. This is why he makes it plain and simple; Paul told them not to confuse what he is saying here with any other teaching, or spirit, or even that first letter from him. This is because there was a confusing part in the first letter where false teachers had crept in and twisted Paul's words. 1Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, 2not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. 3Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. This is Satan/Antichrist4He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God. This is the Antichrist/Satan 5Don't you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? Remember I told you these things Do not be confused 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. Anti christ will be revealed and Lord Jesus will destroy him. When? at his second coming at the 7th trump and not before 9The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, this is Antichrist/Satan10and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.I honestly do not know how much clearer God can make this for you. If you are willing to put your trust in an error made by a 3 week old church at the beginning of Christianity that Paul quickly correctedinstead of the entire rest of scripture that mentions nothing about any pre-trib rapture then I guess there is not much I can say.
In II Thess. 2:1Paul is correcting them on getting carried away with Him coming in they're life time by not wanting to work and such!But He does not say that Jesus won't be coming to take them away some day!Matter of fact he mentions here about they're gathering together unto the Lord!Were will the Lord be when He gathers them to Himself? In the Clouds!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Jodycour;20566)
(thesuperjag;20466)
Yes Jag, I looked up the Greek definitions of this but in the same verse He mentions Clouds also!Clouds in the greek means Clouds!So where is he coming from when he says that we are going be with the Lord in the air, and that He's going to be on the Clouds!How does breathe have anything to do with the context of this scripture?Hebrews 12:1 - Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,Clouds of witness = a group (body)(people) of witnesses. Don't you think "in the air" means "breathe" It is our spiritual bodies.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.