Another question: Is this a sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So i recently bought a game called Shin Megami Tensei 3 Nocturne, and one of the main mechanics is recruiting DEMONS to fight alongside you. the first possible party member in the game was someone i thought would be ok to recruit, a pixie....until she revealed she was a friggin demon too... also the main character is a human guy who gets turned into a human-demon hybrid(also called Nephilim) near the beginning of the game.
should i just quit this game? it makes me uncomfortable spiritually.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So i recently bought a game called Shin Megami Tensei 3 Nocturne, and one of the main mechanics is recruiting DEMONS to fight alongside you. the first possible party member in the game was someone i thought would be ok to recruit, a pixie....until she revealed she was a friggin demon too... also the main character is a human guy who gets turned into a human-demon hybrid(also called Nephilim) near the beginning of the game.
You know all the answers to your questions, I think you are a troll on here playing your games with us.

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no im not a troll. im sorry. ill delete this question if you want. i ask the dumbest questions sometimes...

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no im not a troll. im sorry. ill delete this question if you want. i ask the dumbest questions sometimes...
You seem to be playing all these games that are involved with evil and you ask if it's a sin to play them, you are either very young and naive or trolling.

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
im not trolling and im an adult. im sorry i asked ok? now how do you delete posts?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another question: Is this a sin?
OP ^

Games are the innocent sound of “passing time with a fun activity”.

Satan is the promoter of EVIL, through “cunning trickery”.
Men are the WICKED who use “cunning trickery” of any means to Foster their own Desires.

Do you KNOW the Desires of WICKED men?
Increase “their” wealth, by “any means”?
Target “game” players?
GAMES....sound innocent? The Ploy.
The “games” parents buy for their children.
The “games” young people buy for themselves.

And the TRICKERY of Games promoted by WICKED men?
.....Everything from “shooting, parents, teachers....
TO calling up DEMONS”....

....EVIL and WICKED games, videos, animated cartoons, movies, acting....
24-7 are widely promoted, advocated, accepted, participated in, mimicked in a Corrupt Secular society of men “OF” this world.

Rom 12:
[2] And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Evil and Wickedness IS without God, IS sinful.
Recognizing Evil and Wickedness “is being NOT conformed to this world”.
You did not commit a sin. You recognized it and turned your back on it.
Be more cautious, before you buy, support the wicked, increase their wealth, to play a “game” designed to foster evil.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you need to listen to the part of you that feels spiritually uncomfortable with these games. It's trying to tell you something important.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
games and the like are distractions for no purpose other than to gratify the carnal man

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
if you already know that it is a sin, then why do you need to ask the board members if they also think it is a sin.

Why do you not act on your understanding and not play the game and remove it from you device(s).

What really is you agenda on this forum? Could it be that you are on this board to actually promote the very games you are asking about if they are a "sin" to play.

If, as you claim, you are a Christian, then turn your electronic devices off and sit quietly by yourself and read your bible seeking God's purposes for your life. Then submit yourself to His guidance and follow His leading.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jabre

Don't be embarrassed.

He's not trolling. He is still young- only 19.

He is looking for validation for his discernment because he doesn't want to unless he knows he needs to.

It's very hard to make spiritually mature choices in a world where you grow up being shown this is normal or this is just a game.

Well, normal doesn't mean right. So do what is right.

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jabre

Don't be embarrassed.

He's not trolling. He is still young- only 19.

He is looking for validation for his discernment because he doesn't want to unless he knows he needs to.

It's very hard to make spiritually mature choices in a world where you grow up being shown this is normal or this is just a game.

Well, normal doesn't mean right. So do what is right.
fluffy, thank you. another core mechanic is "fusion" where you essentially sacrifice 2 demons in a ritual to create a stronger demon. honestly i find that extremely ironic, the idea of demons being the ones being sacrificed and killed, i haven't done that yet, at least i loaded back afterwards because im uncomfortable spiritualy with the idea of a sacrificial ritual, even if it's a hillariously ironic situation like the demons themselves being sacrificed and killed, and also...i've grown kinda attached to a female demon in my party, the pixie i recruited.

Reactions: lilygrace

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that's not to say i wouldn't immediatly chuck the game in the trash if it turned out there was an actual real life demon attached to any of the characters in the game, especcialy one of my party members....surely that can't be the case, right?
fluffy, thank you. another core mechanic is "fusion" where you essentially sacrifice 2 demons in a ritual to create a stronger demon. honestly i find that extremely ironic, the idea of demons being the ones being sacrificed and killed, i haven't done that yet, at least i loaded back afterwards because im uncomfortable spiritualy with the idea of a sacrificial ritual, even if it's a hillariously ironic situation like the demons themselves being sacrificed and killed, and also...i've grown kinda attached to a female demon in my party, the pixie i recruited.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, please listen to the part of you that is uncomfortable spiritually with this game.

Does "growing attached to a female demon character" mean what it sounds like it means? That's a different problem, and one you definitely want to avoid. As a man whose had his share of lust problems, trust me on that one.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’d say you already know the answer to that.

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, please listen to the part of you that is uncomfortable spiritually with this game.

Does "growing attached to a female demon character" mean what it sounds like it means? That's a different problem, and one you definitely want to avoid. As a man whose had his share of lust problems, trust me on that one.
I finnaly found one! i got an Angel to join my party! im thinking of ditching the demons in my party and just keeping her. maybe i dont have to quit after all.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I finnaly found one! i got an Angel to join my party! im thinking of ditching the demons in my party and just keeping her. maybe i dont have to quit after all.
....and so you make your choices!

Reactions: Nancy

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I started turning away from witchcraft, they gave me all sorts of reasons divination was "Biblical" and switching from tarot cards to angel cards was supposed to be "safe."

It wasn't. It was the same thing, dressed up different.

and no doubt offends the angels who DO serve the Lord, right!?

Point is, don't let the devil lead you into temptation thinking one thing is "safer" when it isn't.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
When I started turning away from witchcraft, they gave me all sorts of reasons divination was "Biblical" and switching from tarot cards to angel cards was supposed to be "safe."

It wasn't. It was the same thing, dressed up.

Point is, don't let the devil lead you into temptation thinking one thing is "safer" when it isn't.
@FluffyYellowDuck There's nothing like daily prayer and the Scriptures to replace any alternative habits that ppl may once have gotten into.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck There's nothing like daily prayer and the Scriptures to replace any alternative habits that ppl may once have gotten into.
The hardest part for anyone leaving occultic practices is they lack spiritual discernment.

What they really need is besides prayer and scripture is a spiritual mentor, who takes the narrow way and is carefully discerning, straight headed.

There is too much out there to lead a person off track. I know more than I want to admit.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The hardest part for anyone leaving occultic practices is they lack spiritual discernment.

What they really need is besides prayer and scripture is a spiritual mentor, who takes the narrow way and is carefully discerning, straight headed.

There is too much out there to lead a person off track. I know more than I want to admit.
@FluffyYellowDuck "Looking unto Jesus" (Hebrews 12.2) with the encouragement of like-minded believers is so valuable, right?