Another religion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems to me that most think Jesus set up another improved religion.

It was those in religion that persecuted the Prophets killing some and imprisoning others.

It was those in religion who had Jesus murdered.

It was those in religion that stoned Stephens to death.

It was those believing Jews in religion that followed after Paul saying that those Gentiles who converted must keep the Law of Moses.

I am amazed that those in religion can not see that Jesus certainly did not establish the same system that had Him killed.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

It was those in religion that persecuted the Prophets killing some and imprisoning others.

It was those in religion who had Jesus murdered.

It was those in religion that stoned Stephens to death.

It was those believing Jews in religion that followed after Paul saying that those Gentiles who converted must keep the Law of Moses.

I am amazed that those in religion can not see that Jesus certainly did not establish the same system that had Him killed.

Amen...well said. :)

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You confuse 'religion' with Christianity.
It is quite plain to any faithful believer, that the true Church was usurped by Satanic forces very early on. But a faithful remnant has always remained, some still attached to the established Church, some in groups like the Waldenees and the Pilgrims, etc.
God know each heart and He will protect His faithful people during the forthcoming troubles ahead.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You confuse 'religion' with Christianity.
It is quite plain to any faithful believer, that the true Church was usurped by Satanic forces very early on. But a faithful remnant has always remained, some still attached to the established Church, some in groups like the Waldenees and the Pilgrims, etc.
God know each heart and He will protect His faithful people during the forthcoming troubles ahead.
I confuse nothing. The religions that call themselves Christian are not anything other than Religions. Religions are about what men/women do to secure eternal life. They refuse to see that Jesus did everything necessary for a person to be saved. It is faith in what Jesus did on the cross that saves a person under grace.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@keras
Yes, before being too harsh on religion we had best clarify what we mean by religion. There seem to be least two definitions in the minds of people who have posted on this thread so far. Communication has always been a problem for men.